Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Paradox please put in japan, south east asia, indonesia but don't put in china. Leave a giant china shaped hole in the map. Put in the rest of north africa for real though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
and remove Europe when you add Indonesia, it's not properly represented

Edit: Oh, and make groogy personally go home to every customer to make sure their computer can run the expansions.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Does anybody actually play feudal Catholics anymore? Kind of a serious question. It's remarkable how far CK2 has come since its early days.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Randarkman posted:

I considered adding a penalty to manpower to the internal disorder modifier. I'll see about it. I've noticed that the Muslim blobs do tend to defeat independence factions or the wars end inconclusively.

e: Did you use the latest version? The one with the modified decadence revolt event?

Yeah I'm using the latest. Raiding berbers is neato btw.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Back To 99 posted:

and remove Europe when you add Indonesia, it's not properly represented

Edit: Oh, and make groogy personally go home to every customer to make sure their computer can run the expansions.

Nah sorry can't, too busy reinventing EU4 tech for my mod.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Goddamnit my son is a muslim. How do I get him back to Tengri?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There is an achievement for controlling the entire "Steppe region" as a Nomad.
What exactly is the steppe region? Everything from western Mongolia to modern day Hungary?

Edit: Is it Tartaria?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 16, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I too want the Garamantes to be properly represented with their thousand cities of gold.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
Look at the regions button. It's mostly tartaria, but also some of Russia.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I sent my son out to be a mercenary, and he seemed to be having a sick time. He had spent some 10 years away, doing his thing, gaining prestige.

I declared war on the guys who hold Armenia, and went into battle on the front lines myself, with my staggering 5 martial. I pull up to the front, and some hardened warrior comes forward too. We both engage, and despite the overwhelming odds against my own personal ability, I slay him from my horse. I get off to inspect the dead, and see no other than my son, Ezra, dead before me.

That is some hosed up movie poo poo.

e: proof

Another Person fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 16, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^^ That's some Ivan the terrible poo poo. I wish the event code would recognize when there is a family duel and would turn it into something special. Even if it ends like the Ilya Repin's painting.

Krataar posted:

Goddamnit my son is a muslim. How do I get him back to Tengri?
Either raise your reputation with him to high level (may not be possible if he is a zealot) or jail him then ask him to convert.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 16, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Toplowtech posted:

^^^^ That's some Ivan the terrible poo poo. I wish the event code would recognize when there is a family duel and would turn it into something special. Even if it ends like the Ilya Repin's painting.

Either raise your reputation with him to high level (may not be possible if he is a zealot) or jail him then ask him to convert.

Don't think you can force convert people as a Nomad.
If he's your heir you can always just wait until you play as him, then immediately choose to convert back when you do.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Paradox please put in japan, south east asia, indonesia but don't put in china. Leave a giant china shaped hole in the map. Put in the rest of north africa for real though.

The game will never be banned in China for misrepresenting it's glorious unified communist government for all of eternity if China isn't represented at all! :pseudo:

Watch they add China and for the first time ever in a paradox game China stays to itself without nerfs and doesn't blob all over the world.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I too want the Garamantes to be properly represented with their thousand cities of gold.

:allears:

I think it's time to check in and see if Stop Making Sense ever got its poo poo together.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Fuligin posted:

:allears:

I think it's time to check in and see if Stop Making Sense ever got its poo poo together.

:confused:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

If only. Link

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did they ever change the Ostrogoth nazi eagle CoA?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I just realized nomads can "fix" the problem of the pope filling Rome with useless churches. :getin:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Does anybody actually play feudal Catholics anymore? Kind of a serious question. It's remarkable how far CK2 has come since its early days.

I do. I prefer the 1066 start. :)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I play feudal Christians almost exclusively. Not out of malice, I just like playing them the most.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yeah, I still play Feudal at times. Or, more often, Tribal into Feudal.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I've got 200+ hours in the game and I still don't understand pope mechanics and have never even played a Muslim character.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Tercio posted:

I do. I prefer the 1066 start. :)

The 1066 start is good, but personally I think 1081 is secret best date. Still some pagans kicking around but the Rus are Orthodox, Byz are on the outs, and Europe isn't necessarily destined to become hideous border snarl.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
My most recent game before the update was a Feudal - trying to play Basque from the Charlemange start date (it's very hard - there's basically one guy to pick, who starts right next to the Umayyad blob. You have to conquor your way up into Aquitaine and pledge yourself as a vassal to them just to survive).

It does seem like playing a feudal lord ends up being less interesting than most of the other options now. Although Catholics and Orthodox christians have at least got some interesting mechanics with Sons of Abraham and Legacy of Rome.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

i like having the option for female leaders so i haven't done a muslim game.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

PrinceRandom posted:

i like having the option for female leaders so i haven't done a muslim game.

Yeah, me too. Also I find that most places outside of Europe have too many big blobs. I kinda wish the TTG was still being maintained, I'd like to randomize the map more often.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

That or another silly invasion, I want Skeletons.

Worldwar-style aliens, with the same sort of general incompetence at fighting wars and vulnerability to social manipulation, except 1500s-1600s tech + spaceships a la "The Road Not Taken".

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Lost Season posted:

I'm betting that's because the AI usually only has to pillage tribal holdings once, since they're usually not that built up. It probably doesn't have the patience to hold onto a holding to pillage it multiple times, but if it got a castle/town/temple that it could destroy in one attempt it would burn it down.
No, I mean, I looked at the decision code, and the AI is coded only to burn down tribal holdings.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

No, I mean, I looked at the decision code, and the AI is coded only to burn down tribal holdings.

Well, that simply won't do.

e: Tried adding some rather severe levy size and income penalties to the "Internal Disorder" modifier in my decadence tweak. Giving the 769 Abbasids 100% decadence, triggering the decadence revolt event and letting the game run for 10 years led to this situation.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 17, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I just got Hungary in a Great Holy War and I want to burn it all down but my clans won't do it themselves and meanwhile I'm holding about 40 provinces while my next biggest clan has 18 and they're all mad about it.

Just let me burn it first guys drat.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

I've got 200+ hours in the game and I still don't understand pope mechanics and have never even played a Muslim character.

Not quite that many but yeah, same. I've been trying to capture the pope to sacrifice him to the old gods though. Next time I'm going try Muslim I guess. India still a bit intimidating.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Is there any way to console myself a son? I've got a ridiculous game right now where my king (with 105% fertility, a wife, 3 concubines and 4 lovers) has managed to pump out 9 daughters and no sons. I think I've physically reached the maximum number of children I'm allowed. I'm tribal, so I can't switch to A-C. When the king dies, it's game over. It just seems like kind of a dumb way to lose the game- hitting the hard limit on children. It's not like a real king would run out of jizz or anything.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Is there any way to console myself a son? I've got a ridiculous game right now where my king (with 105% fertility, a wife, 3 concubines and 4 lovers) has managed to pump out 9 daughters and no sons. I think I've physically reached the maximum number of children I'm allowed. I'm tribal, so I can't switch to A-C. When the king dies, it's game over. It just seems like kind of a dumb way to lose the game- hitting the hard limit on children. It's not like a real king would run out of jizz or anything.

I don't think you can directly create characters via console, but you can kill off all your daughters and make women pregnant right away with console commands, which might be a good enough solution.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goofballs posted:

Not quite that many but yeah, same. I've been trying to capture the pope to sacrifice him to the old gods though. Next time I'm going try Muslim I guess. India still a bit intimidating.

Muslims are actually fairly simple to play - they're kind of a mix between the slow build of a Christian feudal lord and the fast paced conquest of a Pagan. Decadence isn't really much of an issue anymore so you don't need to do all the crazy stuff you used to like imprisoning all your brothers as soon as you inherit (although it's still best to avoid giving out a lot of titles to dynasty members), and otherwise the main thing to do is just holy war the crap out of your closest non-muslim neighbour. Or play Shi'a and try to break the Sunni domination of Africa and Arabia.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm v happy that as a nomad I have The City of Ganja as my vassal :cool:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
e: :420:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Don't need console, just need seduction focus. Every seduction tumble (as the human player) has a chance of impregnation, no matter how many kids you already have, as long as you and the target both have fertility of at least 50%. Just vidi-vene-vici every time until you get a son.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think half the guys in my region are "The Wolf".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Another Person posted:

I sent my son out to be a mercenary, and he seemed to be having a sick time. He had spent some 10 years away, doing his thing, gaining prestige.

I declared war on the guys who hold Armenia, and went into battle on the front lines myself, with my staggering 5 martial. I pull up to the front, and some hardened warrior comes forward too. We both engage, and despite the overwhelming odds against my own personal ability, I slay him from my horse. I get off to inspect the dead, and see no other than my son, Ezra, dead before me.

That is some hosed up movie poo poo.

e: proof

Before I could get my son back from his mercenary band this happened. Except he killed me. Thankfully he died within like two years and one of my half brothers inherited. Not sure which one though because I've named every character some variant of Horse, Horsie, Half-Horse, Horse man, and so on.

• Locked thread