Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

This. :golfclap:

I do like that Picard costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Not levitating, no guitar, not holding an empty fry box.

2/10.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man, that stuff has gotta be a bitch and a half to get off if it's the professional stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man, that stuff has gotta be a bitch and a half to get off if it's the professional stuff.

The skin dye?
If you mix it with water-soluble lotion it comes right off in the shower.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, but the stuff I was talking about is a bit more... not permanent but damned close.

Otherwise you end up with handprints over everything and smears where you sweat and it runs a bit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yea, but the stuff I was talking about is a bit more... not permanent but damned close.

Otherwise you end up with handprints over everything and smears where you sweat and it runs a bit.

Sounds like a fun night :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's why you should commit and just tattoo the hue you want.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RickVoid posted:

Not levitating, no guitar, not holding an empty fry box.

2/10.

But she got the body-length hair right.

Same girl doing Marshall Lee, with guitar!

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

I'm glad we're on the same page.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Why yah gotta ruin this for me? What do you gain?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C.P.A.N. posted:

I'm glad we're on the same page.

Seriously, is that just from having her hair back and very tight over many years or is that just unfortunate genetics?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yes.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

:drat:

Samuel has a new favorite as of 08:11 on Jul 16, 2015

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I am trying to think of a situation in which Jessica Nigri's hairline affects my life in any way and coming up pretty loving short.

Some friends of mine, Malindachan and Ex-Shadow, did a super cool FF7 shoot in a ruined church:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

McPantserton posted:

I am trying to think of a situation in which Jessica Nigri's hairline affects my life in any way and coming up pretty loving short.

Some friends of mine, Malindachan and Ex-Shadow, did a super cool FF7 shoot in a ruined church:

That's super awesome. The setting is perfect. Do you have any pictures of Cloud/the buster sword?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Oh wow.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Cloud there is also Malindachan, haha.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That is a really good Zack :allears:.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

You don't often see the Australian angle used in cosplay photos.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

New Zealand angle would be more appropriate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Because of your avatar, I just prefer to think of this as Nemi cosplay.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I didn't know Dreamworks was involved with the FF7 remake.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I've received some really creepy comments while cosplaying, most of which came from women saying they wanted to adopt me or keep me as a pet (I was dressed as Cole from Inquisition).

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Beefstew posted:

I've received some really creepy comments while cosplaying, most of which came from women saying they wanted to adopt me or keep me as a pet (I was dressed as Cole from Inquisition).

Please don't Break the Narrative.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

rodbeard posted:

Hahaha.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Please don't Break the Narrative.

The plural of anecdote is not data!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

rodbeard posted:

:vince:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Beefstew posted:

Oh Lord, way for them to miss the whole point of that character! I swear I'm not being creepy when I ask "pics please?" because I appreciate good DA cosplay - wish I could figure out which character to do that wasn't "dwarf inquisitor" but my size/stature is suited for it.

I'm phone posting and can't find the pics but a month or two ago I saw an amazing Iron Bull, which I thought would be mostly impossible to pull off. Nope!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This is my favorite character from TV or anime or videogame.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Decrepus posted:

This is my favorite character from TV or anime or videogame.

Yeah I like big boobs too. Is this Jason or teenage mutant turtles?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I like big boobs too. Is this Jason or teenage mutant turtles?

Jason. :v: I wouldn't mind being chased by her. :v:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Oh Lord, way for them to miss the whole point of that character! I swear I'm not being creepy when I ask "pics please?" because I appreciate good DA cosplay - wish I could figure out which character to do that wasn't "dwarf inquisitor" but my size/stature is suited for it.

I'm phone posting and can't find the pics but a month or two ago I saw an amazing Iron Bull, which I thought would be mostly impossible to pull off. Nope!

I'm no mod, I would like to say this. Look, we all find something attractive, we all also appreciate costuming and the fun inherit in it. Let us all just accept that at some point the two WILL coincide, accept it and understand that we all have our "things".

We are here for the costumes. Anything else is "gravy".

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This stuff makes me want to do a cosplay, but of something that would make people go "that's awesome!" and not "I want to touch you now." Maybe a Kasrkin or an Imperial Guardsman with a flamer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

This stuff makes me want to do a cosplay, but of something that would make people go "that's awesome!" and not "I want to touch you now." Maybe a Kasrkin or an Imperial Guardsman with a flamer.

Oh please! My inner nerd just screams for these. I think I have a tech priest and one guardsmen in my repertoire of pictures.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

I dunno, a flamer seems more like a thing for the supporting handler than the cosplayer :flame:.

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
Went to AX the other week and threw together a (lady) Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure at the last minute. Most of the characters I end up cosplaying are super serious, so it was fun to be a goofball for a change.

(a really great Kars I found at AX!)

and of course, 'OH NOOOOOOO!!!!'

Gonna be continuing the Jojo cosplay at Otakon next week and I'm super stoked!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Should have gone with this costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Arcsquad12 posted:

99.9% of my interactions while in cosplay are really not creepy ones, don't sweat it too much! I can recall verrrry few specific incidents where I felt people were legitimately gross to me and I'm a lady who does a decent amount of cleavage-y cosplay and I'm about 13 years into the hobby. The vast majority of the time, people like the same stuff as you and want to talk about it, or they want to compliment you and know how you made your outfit, or they want to take your picture. It's a shitload of fun and I am totally in support of every 40k cosplay of all time forever.

• Locked thread