Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Well it's not like any of us had anything fun to do on Saturday nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

So the show isn't on tonight, is that right?

Much better than Aquarius and Hannibal, Food Fighters and Dateline are on tonight!!!!

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It's still airing in Canada tonight if the schedule is correct.

Beware of spoiler tags.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

Well it's not like any of us had anything fun to do on Saturday nights

This is seriously the most depressing time slot change of them all. :smith:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

xerxus posted:

It's still airing in Canada tonight if the schedule is correct.

Beware of spoiler tags.

Canadian here, it says Hannibal but its actually Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Canadian here, it says Hannibal but its actually Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly

You poor thing

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Truly, we have all been forsaken.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Truly, we have all been forsaken.

Two Broke Girls is an act of aggression rather than abandoment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ekusukariba posted:

God is laughing.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

If you want a picture of the future, imagine Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly airing instead of Hannibal — forever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:cripes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I mean they were right, nobody outside of the Internet is saying "I must see Hannibal" apparently

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
Damnit, I had an understaffed, overworked night at my job and was really looking forward to chilling out with some Hannibal and :420:. I can still :420: but it's not quite the same :emo:

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Just turned on to see that the new episode was halfway through broadcast on regional Canadian channel CityTV at 10pm... what the hell? Unfortunately the DVR is set to record from NBC, and I'm not going to watch just the last half.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean they were right, nobody outside of the Internet is saying "I must see Hannibal" apparently

The point you're missing is that no one is watching anything on NBC.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Ekusukariba posted:

I don't even like the show anymore but this is a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
THANK YOU CANADA

there's a filez version i mean i didn't say that

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Bown posted:

THANK YOU CANADA

there's a filez version i mean i didn't say that

That episode was some serious poo poo.

The baby in the pig?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Yestermoment posted:

That episode was some serious poo poo.

The baby in the pig?

Cattle prod prostate milking

Also Major spoilers for the end of the episode:

Hannibal surrendering just to gently caress with Will and continue to be around to torment/tempt him, meaning that even in the end when hes captured he Still wins

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

asterioth posted:

Cattle prod prostate milking

Hannibal surrendering just to gently caress with Will and continue to be around to torment/tempt him, meaning that even in the end when hes captured he Still wins

It was so romantic. :allears:

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Good episode, I'm glad Chiyoh can gently caress off forever now, I didn't realize how bored of Verger I was until this episode so I guess it was the perfect time to wrap that up.

That really felt like a season finale but 5 episodes to cover Red Dragon sounds just about right. I think the show is the best when there's at least some broad book influence to keep Fuller from going fully up his own rear end at least, so maybe the season can still be saved from what a disaster it's been to me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Botnit posted:

Good episode, I'm glad Chiyoh can gently caress off forever now, I didn't realize how bored of Verger I was until this episode so I guess it was the perfect time to wrap that up.

That really felt like a season finale but 5 episodes to cover Red Dragon sounds just about right. I think the show is the best when there's at least some broad book influence to keep Fuller from going fully up his own rear end at least, so maybe the season can still be saved from what a disaster it's been to me.

It's actually 6. 13 episode season, 7 for Hannibal and 6 for Red Dragon.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

asterioth posted:

My take was that he just gave up cause Will broke up with him and he can't live without his murderhusband

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

So Jack pretty much did nothing of importance to the plot?
Also, I don't like that there's not a single second of silence. It's just exhausting.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I guess I better stay off the internet until Saturday

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah in case people haven't been paying attention or looking ahead, this week's episode is basically like a mid-season finale before they do the Red Dragon arc, so completely avoid the usual places if you don't want to accidentally get spoiled on how it all "ends" before they do a reset.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

asterioth posted:

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

My take was that he just gave up cause Will broke up with him and he can't live without his murderhusband

I honestly think that it's you're both right. Hannibal is such a broken, hosed up person that twisted psychotic games like that are the closest thing to love he's capable of. It's pathetic, really.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn't like the way the "climax" was handled. It felt like the very end of last week's episode where we could have filled in the blanks ourselves but it was still confusing. And in this case I would much rather have actually seen a lot of what they chose to not show.

seriously, not even ONE action sequence? no Hannibal killing Cordell? nothing? really felt like a letdown to me.

Other than that another very good episode, overall I loved it, just really let down by that one moment. I mean the fact it occurred during an ad break meant it's like when they sometimes show live sports in the UK with ads and they come back from a break and you've missed a goal.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 17, 2015

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Incidentally, to anyone who doesn't want to wait until Saturday, Amazon Instant Video has the latest episode available. It's how I watched it.

My God, why couldn't the rest of the Season so far have been like this episode? It was fantastic. It brought me back to that happy headspace I was in during Season 1 to the first half of Season 2. I might have preferred it a bit longer, but goddamn, it was so great and made the whole Italy sequence seem so loving bland in comparison.

Gotta be honest, I kind of wish Verger was still alive. I find him infinitely more interesting than Hannibal is. Hannibal really is only of interest through the effects he has on other characters, but Verger? Verger has personality.

Also if Hannibal was so keen on eating Will, why didn't he do it after he brought Will back to his house? What changed in the middle? Was seeing him bite off Mr. Manservant's face just so heartwarming for Hannibal that it made him change his mind at the sight of a worthy successor or whatever was going through his boring supervillain mind?

And what the hell ever happened to that RuPaul baby nightmare stag?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Time to unbookmark this thread.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Latest episode almost broke the record of me screaming HOLY gently caress during the show (sorry, the season 2 finale will always be The King).

greatest minor detail: Hannibal's ecstatic smile when Will mauled Cordell's face. :viggo:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Not on instant video anymore. gently caress y'all and your rude behavior.

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 17, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

It was so sad. Every time the camera cut to him during Will's speech about how done he was with this, and he was looking like he never fought anything harder than the current urge to cry.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Brock Samson posted:

Not on instant video anymore and rips are terrible quality. gently caress y'all and your rude behavior.

Are you serious? Goddammit NBC, why are you such an enemy of fun.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

XboxPants posted:

The point you're missing is that no one is watching anything on NBC.

The Dateline that aired in place of Hannibal last night got almost 3 times Hannibal's demo viewership in that hour

Life is a joke confirmed :suicide:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

sucking it up

come on jack

CHIYOH!!!!!!12345

did you do.... this? no jack it was someone else right there with a sniper rifle

These are some elaborately styled pig pens

You go to all that trouble to eat a friend and you overcook his penis!

Hannibal is very impressed with Cordell

Will's getting hungry

Humpty Dumpty

Aaaaaah setting the beast free this is gonna be so good

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. pig babies???

um he is curtting his face off am i high or something what is happening

jesus loving christ

they're all dead out there

HE HELPED US MILK YOU

fish raped in death

will's house? :smith:

teacup

they are breaking up :(

whatttt turning himself in. life without will is no life? :(

preview preview preview dollarhyde captive REUNIONNNNNNN

feels like i went through something, man. something REAL :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brock Samson posted:

Best part of the episode.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Bown posted:

Best part of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

sucking it up

come on jack

CHIYOH!!!!!!12345

did you do.... this? no jack it was someone else right there with a sniper rifle

These are some elaborately styled pig pens

Hannibal is very impressed with Cordell

Will's getting hungry

Humpty Dumpty

Aaaaaah setting the beast free this is gonna be so good

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. pig babies???

um he is curtting his face off am i high or something what is happening

jesus loving christ

they're all dead out there

HE HELPED US MILK YOU

fish raped in death

will's house? :smith:

teacup

they are breaking up :(

whatttt turning himself in. life without will is no life? :(

preview preview preview dollarhyde captive REUNIONNNNNNN

feels like i went through something, man. something REAL :smith:

I like Hannibal and Alana could put aside their differences and his renewed vow to murder her aside for long enough so they could forcibly extract sperm from an unconscious man with a cattle prod. Keeping their priorities straight

• Locked thread