Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

VendaGoat posted:

Jason. :v: I wouldn't mind being chased by her. :v:

In my headcannon she's Angela from that one scene in Sleepaway Camp 3 where she wears a Hockey Mask and kills the kids with a chainsaw. She's got the right totally perky face for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

In my headcannon she's Angela from that one scene in Sleepaway Camp 3 where she wears a Hockey Mask and kills the kids with a chainsaw. She's got the right totally perky face for it.

I haven't seen the first :negative:

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

This stuff makes me want to do a cosplay, but of something that would make people go "that's awesome!" and not "I want to touch you now." Maybe a Kasrkin or an Imperial Guardsman with a flamer.

That feeling when I cosplayed Booker and made the day of 6 Elizabeth's by posing with them. :allears:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

VendaGoat posted:

Jason. :v: I wouldn't mind being chased by her. :v:

Jason chases teenagers who have sex. May as well cut out the middleman.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
When I once went to a convention with my friend who decided to go as Babydoll from Sucker Punch, both of us found it increasingly funny how many people would hoverhand when taking a photo with her. Later on she told me that most of those who didn't hoverhand were visibly shaking just from human contact, making us laugh even harder.

Of course, that's more on the silly awkward end of the scale. I can't imagine what goes through the mind of those who actually say creepy poo poo to cosplayers, or why they'd think it's appropriate to even say it.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Today we come to terms with the fact that we as guys will never be hoverhanded by somebody.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

VendaGoat posted:

I haven't seen the first :negative:

Needless to say, I am disappointed...

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Samuel posted:

Today we come to terms with the fact that we as guys will never be hoverhanded by somebody.

Slightly on/off topic, my wife is a huge backstreet boys fan and she paid for a chance to meet them. She said all the women didn't just put their arm around them, but would grab their asses, hug them, try to kiss them and one even had them all hold her while they took a picture. On the other end of the spectrum, I have been to a decent amount of comic cons, horror, sci-fi, etc. and the men almost always hoverhand the female celebrities when taking pictures or don't even attempt that much.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Boofchicken posted:

Slightly on/off topic, my wife is a huge backstreet boys fan and she paid for a chance to meet them. She said all the women didn't just put their arm around them, but would grab their asses, hug them, try to kiss them and one even had them all hold her while they took a picture.

Do a google image search for 'john barrowman con photo' if you want to see the cosplay/nerd equivalent of this, although John clearly encourages that sort of behaviour in pretty much everyone he meets. :v:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I feel bad making fun of hover hand guys. They don't want to put their hands on a random stranger, and asking "is it ok if I touch you" sounds incredibly creepy.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Choco1980 posted:

It's from this https://youtu.be/tPzOkbhUTLU

Edit: trap sprung?

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Aleph Null posted:

It's from some Japanese figures (which I guess your video is about too)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Reo posted:

It's from some Japanese figures (which I guess your video is about too)

Oh ok without seeing that statue the cosplay made slightly less sense. It was like a Halloween costume. Just add "sexy" and bam! nailed it.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh ok without seeing that statue the cosplay made slightly less sense. It was like a Halloween costume. Just add "sexy" and bam! nailed it.

Instead, it's a figurine, just add "sexy" and bam! nailed it?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LingcodKilla posted:

The cosplay seems to be based on the figurine but sexy Freddy/Jason costumes have also been available for years:

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Street-Secret-Krueger-Costume/dp/B003O86ATA
http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Wishes-Voorhees-Mini-Dress-Handbag/dp/B000LTLAS6

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Colonial Air Force posted:

Instead, it's a figurine, just add "sexy" and bam! nailed it?

It's a loop!

It's all fun though. And she uh.. Matched her body type to the subject matter nicely.

It's just that hers is very specific to the statue. It's totally a hipster cosplay. "Yeah I fashioned my outfit based off an obscure statue from Japan based off a well known movie, you probably never seen the statue".

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Jul 17, 2015

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

Boofchicken posted:

Slightly on/off topic, my wife is a huge backstreet boys fan and she paid for a chance to meet them. She said all the women didn't just put their arm around them, but would grab their asses, hug them, try to kiss them and one even had them all hold her while they took a picture. On the other end of the spectrum, I have been to a decent amount of comic cons, horror, sci-fi, etc. and the men almost always hoverhand the female celebrities when taking pictures or don't even attempt that much.

Backstreeting does not equal consent.

Though I have heard of some stories of guys being ran down by obnoxious fangirls and homestuckers.

LingcodKilla posted:

It's a loop!

It's all fun though. And she uh.. Matched her body type to the subject matter nicely.

It's just that hers is very specific to the statue. It's totally a hipster cosplay. "Yeah I fashioned my outfit based off an obscure statue from Japan based off a well known movie, you probably never seen the statue".

Man if anything she has no exposed flat belly, and you call yourself a cosplayer? Get with the observing!

Samuel has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Jul 17, 2015

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

sexy <insert anything> costumes have also been available for years:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Dr_Amazing posted:

I feel bad making fun of hover hand guys. They don't want to put their hands on a random stranger, and asking "is it ok if I touch you" sounds incredibly creepy.

This, right here. It's an innocent enough request, but I feel like it could easily end up on one of those chalkboards in the "poo poo creepy cosplay fans said to you" meme from this thread.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
People shouldn't be afraid of a little human contact like a hug or an embrace that counts for both sides, what also counts for both sides is that you should respect somebodies space and not act out your wildest body pillow fantasies. So regardless of the arguments made, it boils down to the lack of healthy human relations and contact people are fostering. It causes individuals to grow up socially malformed.

Also, don't have the tata's? Make the tata's!

I want somebody who´s really fat to wear one of these.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Elentari Cosplay did a super unique Howl's Moving Castle cosplay.... as the castle!

It lights up and blows smoke!

With crazy poo poo like this I like seeing the progress shots almost as much as the finished piece. So fun.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

sexy <insert anything> costumes

:heysexy:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Aleph Null posted:

I am okay with this paradigm shift.

But I warn you, you're missing out not seeing that scene from Sleepaway Camp 3. Two kids are joking around with monster costumes and one says "Oh man, when she sees us, she's going to make a dookie in her pants!!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

McPantserton posted:

Elentari Cosplay did a super unique Howl's Moving Castle cosplay.... as the castle!

It lights up and blows smoke!

With crazy poo poo like this I like seeing the progress shots almost as much as the finished piece. So fun.

Look at that sexy castle.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

davidspackage posted:

Look at that sexy castle.

Such firm, large, turrets.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

VendaGoat posted:

My crenellations are up here!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

VendaGoat posted:

Big guns on display! Want to raid that castle.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Stop staring at my Sally Port!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Will you goons calm the gently caress down before mods close the thread? You're acting like you've never seen a loving castle before. That's not a piece of stone for you to ogle, that's some architect's creation there! What would your houses and apartments say if they heard you acting like this? Whatever sorts of medieval structures you like to look at on your own time is up to you, but keep that filth off the forums.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
They're clearly fake anyway

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

New Leaf posted:

Will you goons calm the gently caress down before mods close the thread? You're acting like you've never seen a loving castle before. That's not a piece of stone for you to ogle, that's some architect's creation there! What would your houses and apartments say if they heard you acting like this? Whatever sorts of medieval structures you like to look at on your own time is up to you, but keep that filth off the forums.

Here we go with the white knighting! :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's probably structurally unsound. Future crumbling ruins?

codespace
May 3, 2011

Colonial Air Force posted:

Here we go with the white knighting! :v:

:golfclap:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

New Leaf posted:

Crenalation is not consent~

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

She had her drawbridge down, she was asking for it

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I'm totally going to cosplay as the last bunch of replies in this thread

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Post pictures and a progress report so we can judge. :)

(moment of seriousness, keep up the good work McPantserton! Love the SC armor.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
This last half page has been magical.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

McPantserton posted:

A siege engine with a fedora?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Skyscraper posted:

A siege engine with a fedora?!

M'angonel.

• Locked thread