Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

how does mindflood work? the - to rep and boost amount only interact with local reps/boosts not remote reps/boosts, yes?

Mindflood is +CapCapacity +CapRegen, useful for moving caps back in the day or for no effort Blopsing without an injector.

Exile and and Blue Pill only work for local tanking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Xolve posted:

Mindflood is +CapCapacity +CapRegen, useful for moving caps back in the day or for no effort Blopsing without an injector.

Exile and and Blue Pill only work for local tanking.
He's talking about the drawbacks, which only affect local tanking modules and not remote shield/armor modules (either when using or recieving). Same with Exile/Blue Pill.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Sixx Spades posted:

Actually, we tested this a couple weeks ago when we had a cheap Breacher fleet with drugs. While the notification for drawbacks does go away, the drawback effects still linger but remain unreported by the UI.

Thank god for that. I recently trained all the drug related skills to 4 and the short ones to 5.

Tippis posted:

Hmm… are there any tools that estimates the value of a character based on what skills it has, or is that just something you have to research? I'm kind of curious what Tippia is worth with her oddball collection of pseudo-profession skills.

You can't sell Tippia. I like Tippia.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So I saw on TMC an interesting story- Towers no longer send notices to owners of space. Sounds like a good change. GS won't be impacted much (scouts and keeping spreadsheets of hostile towers is easy for Goonswarm) but will make shabbier owners of space much more vulnerable beyond the distance of their own POS shields.

Doing it without any announcement is hilarious.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Comstar posted:

So I saw on TMC an interesting story- Towers no longer send notices to owners of space. Sounds like a good change. GS won't be impacted much (scouts and keeping spreadsheets of hostile towers is easy for Goonswarm) but will make shabbier owners of space much more vulnerable beyond the distance of their own POS shields.

Doing it without any announcement is hilarious.

It's probably psychology: If too many people scream like little babies about this change, they can just claim it was a bug, if most people come to terms with the change or think it's even good, they can claim that was what they had intended all along.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zephyrine posted:

Thank god for that. I recently trained all the drug related skills to 4 and the short ones to 5.

You can't sell Tippia. I like Tippia.

Weeeell… It's more a case of curiosity as mentioned, since I've managed to build her according to some petulant unconscious “gently caress you, you're not my dad!” principle. If something is generally considered a horribly training slog best done by buying an alt, chances are that I have it at V; if something is considered a must-have, the odds are good that I've only taken it to IV. :v:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tippis posted:

Weeeell… It's more a case of curiosity as mentioned, since I've managed to build her according to some petulant unconscious “gently caress you, you're not my dad!” principle. If something is generally considered a horribly training slog best done by buying an alt, chances are that I have it at V; if something is considered a must-have, the odds are good that I've only taken it to IV. :v:

You should keep that character regardless of skillpoints if only to strike fear into the hearts of careless EVEO forum warriors.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Libluini posted:

It's probably psychology: If too many people scream like little babies about this change, they can just claim it was a bug, if most people come to terms with the change or think it's even good, they can claim that was what they had intended all along.

I think they do this pretty much every major update. It can be good and interesting sometimes (bowhead/sov. auto-bills checkbox).

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kirs posted:

I think they do this pretty much every major update. It can be good and interesting sometimes (bowhead/sov. auto-bills checkbox).

i think its a really good idea because eve players scream about moved cheese no matter how good or bad it might be

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

darth cookie posted:

You should keep that character regardless of skillpoints if only to strike fear into the hearts of careless EVEO forum warriors.

This is never not funny either. I can post the most blatant troll nerf highsec thread and a single Tippia post in it legitimizes the thread to them. If only the ISD were less poo poo and I was unbanned from the eve-o forums.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Azuth0667 posted:

This is never not funny either. I can post the most blatant troll nerf highsec thread and a single Tippia post in it legitimizes the thread to them. If only the ISD were less poo poo and I was unbanned from the eve-o forums.

there is hope, isd ezwal quit being an isd

my shitpost potential has become maximum

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

my shitpost potential has become maximum

Good, I've found the whole ISD "Experience" to be entirely negative. It's really bad when they start shifting super active threads to other subforums killing the thread almost entirely.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

They also moderate threads in the favor of scammers because calling them out is off topic

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Reverand maynard posted:

They also moderate threads in the favor of scammers because calling them out is off topic

You can't post chat logs/mails so proving someone is scamming is pretty hard, one of the things ISD does right

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The real hilarity: pubbies are already complaining about how Fozziesov is not actually their imagined-for fanfic fantasy but instead contains elements of weaponized boredom, when we have yet to go on the offensive and demonstrate what an organized bloc can do with this sucker. Done right, this is going to be an Outside Context Problem. So far all that has been seen from this system is random ADHD guerrilla pvpers discovering that they can't handle patience even in 10 minute increments while we quietly test-case poo poo in Querious.

Meanwhile, folks can help us by coming up with a name for strategic PvE besides 'WarKrabbing', tia~

Edit: Let's pause for a moment and consider how for months the playerbase focused on the role of the solo-hacking 'trollceptor' without realizing that the kind of player who would fly such a hull would never in a million years sit orbiting a structure in an empty system for even 20 minutes doing nothing, much less 40m+ for a properly-ADMed system. Here's your gameplay, solo elite ADHD inty pilot: hack for 20-30 minutes with nothing happening, get dropped or chased off by force you can't fight, run away, find another system and begin twiddling for 20-30 minutes with nothing happening once more - exactly the kind of gameplay NPC 0.0 types are looking for~

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 17, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
hypertosising

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

On the other hand; strategic mining to raise indexes. To the point where procurers are now SRP'd. :barf:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Numismancer posted:

The real hilarity: pubbies are already complaining about how Fozziesov is not actually their imagined-for fanfic fantasy but instead contains elements of weaponized boredom, when we have yet to go on the offensive and demonstrate what an organized bloc can do with this sucker. Done right, this is going to be an Outside Context Problem. So far all that has been seen from this system is random ADHD guerrilla pvpers discovering that they can't handle patience even in 10 minute increments while we quietly test-case poo poo in Querious.

Meanwhile, folks can help us by coming up with a name for strategic PvE besides 'WarKrabbing', tia~

Edit: Let's pause for a moment and consider how for months the playerbase focused on the role of the solo-hacking 'trollceptor' without realizing that the kind of player who would fly such a hull would never in a million years sit orbiting a structure in an empty system for even 20 minutes doing nothing, much less 40m+ for a properly-ADMed system. Here's your gameplay, solo elite ADHD inty pilot: hack for 20-30 minutes with nothing happening, get dropped or chased off by force you can't fight, run away, find another system and begin twiddling for 20-30 minutes with nothing happening once more - exactly the kind of gameplay NPC 0.0 types are looking for~

My experience with it so far is that its amazing for getting people to show up for fights, im pretty sure it wont have legs in the long run but being able to cause form ups and bomb the gently caress out of them has been amazing.

fozzie sov is a bad system but bad systems can be fun :sun:

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

darth cookie posted:

On the other hand; strategic mining to raise indexes. To the point where procurers are now SRP'd. :barf:

A ton of our guys rat and mine already and now it's strategically useful - the carebear vs pvper circle has been squared in sovnull at last. This is a good thing, and every time I read some TRI shitlord acting too cool for school about this core aspect of any occupancy sov system, I giggle. Everything, PvE or PvP, should contribute to the success of a space empire, and until now only PvP has which is why you get alliances like TRI and NCdot that simply can't cope.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hey don't get me wrong, SRPing that stuff makes sense strategically but it's still gross. But if it means more nerds to dunk on in other parts of space when they catch on to the idea as well I'm not going to complain.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Was it worked out to how many man hours it takes of either ratting or mining to raise the relevant indices up each level?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

For some reason I thought mindflood had a negative effect on logi.

darth cookie posted:

Hey don't get me wrong, SRPing that stuff makes sense strategically but it's still gross. But if it means more nerds to dunk on in other parts of space when they catch on to the idea as well I'm not going to complain.

I'm probably the most vocal human being about wanting to be elitist but I don't see a problem with SRping mining ships, considering that mining is 1) required to keep index's up 2) literally the worst form of pve, isk wise and shoot yourself in the head wise.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Numismancer posted:

Arbeit macht frei. :godwin:

The Odd One
Dec 5, 2011

Stpuid
Is there any way to reapply for membership if you didn't get accepted the first time?

My SA account was too new at the time, but its been a few years, I've never been able to get into EVE alone and I want to give it a shot with other people.

Now when I go on the goonfleet forums, I cant see anything. Not even the little bees section.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

I'm probably the most vocal human being about wanting to be elitist but I don't see a problem with SRping mining ships, considering that mining is 1) required to keep index's up 2) literally the worst form of pve, isk wise and shoot yourself in the head wise.

He agrees with you. Everyone's basically saying it's philosophically gross to SRP mining ships but we all get how valuable it is now to have active PVE'ers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Odd One posted:

Is there any way to reapply for membership if you didn't get accepted the first time?

My SA account was too new at the time, but its been a few years, I've never been able to get into EVE alone and I want to give it a shot with other people.

Now when I go on the goonfleet forums, I cant see anything. Not even the little bees section.

I wouldn't bother worrying about it since you still don't qualify.

Try Groon.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Numismancer posted:

timeshitting

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Numismancer posted:

I can't believe no one has already suggested "Stratting".

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Tosising their Salads

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

He waited until he truly stifled any meaningful conversation for the better part of 3 years before parting ways though.

EVE-O is a horrible, horrible place.

Numismancer posted:

Everything, PvE or PvP, should contribute to the success of a space empire, and until now only PvP has which is why you get alliances like TRI and NCdot that simply can't cope.

TRI/NCdot and a few other little groups from the failing N3 bloc want to hold sov for the money it can potentially bring in, yet don't want to do anything to maintain sov. Ratting of course, is far below the vocal minority who have things like personal moons, alliance subsidies and randomly flowing isk from somewhere not little red triangles, while their line members and day to day players suffer. Watching their impotent flailing about FozzieSov has been hilarious.

EVE is still my favorite game I don't actually have to even have installed to enjoy.

vyst posted:

He agrees with you. Everyone's basically saying it's philosophically gross to SRP mining ships but we all get how valuable it is now to have active PVE'ers.

SMA, now 100% more strategically useful.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Well I guess I picked the right time to start buying mining alts to multibox

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Worldshatter posted:

Well I guess I picked the right time to start buying mining alts to multibox

lmao there's never a right time to do that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Numismancer posted:

Aggressive Judaism

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

Aggressive Judaism

What's the name of that really controversial land reclamation/building policy by Israeli migrants on Palestinian territory?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

darth cookie posted:

What's the name of that really controversial land reclamation/building policy by Israeli migrants on Palestinian territory?

Drobles Plan

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

looks like another posting victory for team querns

i was one of the loudest complainers about T2 entosis link interceptors and pretty much carried the entire conversation down that path for nearly a week straight

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also please do not adopt any form of the word "krab" as it is a wormholer lingo loanword and that pretty much makes it the worst type of lingo

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

sadly the only phrases i can think of for the act of strategic pve are racially insensitive and that does not fly in gsf in tyool 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

looks like another posting victory for team querns

i was one of the loudest complainers about T2 entosis link interceptors and pretty much carried the entire conversation down that path for nearly a week straight

I hear its much easier to suck your own dick if you get your bottom two ribs removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Call it the German Northern Labour Front

• Locked thread