Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

lol he could've left without much flack from us and now he's going to be vilified

weird guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i think delph will struggle at the top level

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Why even make the original statement though??? Would anyone have really disdained him for going to City before that statement?

That's what I don't get about this. Also serves me right for assuming the picture was illegitimate. I will never doubt random twitter pictures again.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Statement needed in this thread.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

What a weird loving turnaround. Surely Benteke leaving couldn't have had that much of an effect?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://vine.co/v/erFbYOx36qY

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
he's got gaz bazs old number and all

grealish better declare for ireland or city will have him in three years too

Dekko
May 23, 2007
I think this is the worst I've ever felt about anything football related ever

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
That's cold Fabian.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

seems united had something under their sleeve, Woodward is doing some fantastic business.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...ef3&oe=5618109E

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Fabian Delph has replaced Steve Hodge as the Villa fans' bête noire.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Villa signed him for 8 million. Sold him for 8 million with Leeds getting 2 million of it lol

Amazing

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

seems united had something under their sleeve, Woodward is doing some fantastic business.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...ef3&oe=5618109E

32?1

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Maybe he fact that the club decided to unload Bentekkers had something to do with the change of heart??????

Why stay at a poo poo club if said poo poo club is offloading all its other talent?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Maybe Villa will do a Southampton, buy well and have a good league finish :unsmith:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Spurs will qualify for the CL next season

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Starsnostars posted:

Maybe Villa will do a Southampton, buy well and have a good league finish :unsmith:

Southampton still had a decent core of a team. Villa have literally sold all their best players from last season

I'm looking forward to Birmingham playing them in the championship

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

Vlaar has been the backbone of our defence for three years (although had a mediocre season).

Delph has been the only force in our midfield since Young/Milner/Barry/Downing left.

Benteke has been our only competent striker since ... Dwight Yorke?

We're proper hosed.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Delph should be getting a new PR guy. What a dumb chain of events for something.

You could give him the benefit of the doubt and say villa was pushing him out for good money. But for ~10m I rather doubt that.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Randy Lerner is taking down Sherwood like he took down Lambert. He couldn't even organise a dodgy foreign takeover of a Premier League club, something that Portsmouth did about nine times.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Bea Nanner posted:

i think delph will struggle at the top level

City have double decker benches now?

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Parody Threads posted:

Maybe he fact that the club decided to unload Bentekkers had something to do with the change of heart??????

Why stay at a poo poo club if said poo poo club is offloading all its other talent?

Villa haven't decided to sell Benteke; the valuation that Villa placed on him has, allegedly, been met so contractually he can talk to whoever meets that valuation. Why would Villa want to get rid of Benteke?

I've read elsewhere that originally Delph was told by City that he would be behind Pogba in the pecking order, but over the last week that situation changed. Who knows. In any case, this is a bit of a weasel move after releasing a statement that he was staying last week.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
the elite bench

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I used to think Odemwingie sitting in QPR's parking lot couldn't be beaten for most absurd transfer-related behavior but boy was I wrong

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 17, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I used to think Odemwingie sitting in QPR's parking lot couldn't be beaten for most hilarious transfer-related absurdity but boy was I wrong

Uhh this is nowhere near Odemwingie sitting in the parking lot. I don't even think this is as good as the Babelcopeter, Liverpool paying $35,000,000 for Andy Carroll, or Arsenal's $40,000,001 Suarez bid. It's pretty good, though.

So where are we on the homegrown player count? That's Hart, Clichy, Sterling, Delph ... I think someone said two kids were going to be called up. So I guess they need 2 more to field a 25 man roster?

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 17, 2015

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Hardflip posted:

Vlaar has been the backbone of our defence for three years (although had a mediocre season).

Delph has been the only force in our midfield since Young/Milner/Barry/Downing left.

Benteke has been our only competent striker since ... Dwight Yorke?

We're proper hosed.

Luke Moore is going to be so smug.

edit: lol he's already tweeting it up #Moorestradamus

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

So where are we on the homegrown player count? That's Hart, Clichy, Sterling, Delph ... I think someone said two kids were going to be called up. So I guess they need 2 more to field a 25 man roster?

If those kids are under 21 they don't count against the 25 player / 8 hg cap iirc.

Looking at City's squad they only have Kompany, Demichelis and Mangala as natural CBs. Sagna or Zaba could switch over but that'd be a spot to look for an English player. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team Would United sell them Smalling? or there's some guy 6'1" named Ben Gibson for Boro/u21 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team#Current_squad maybe Jagielka for a low price because of his age

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ferrero was talking about bringing Balotelli and Cassano to Samp again today.

Would own if that happens.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It still seems a bit weird city didn't go in for Clyne or Schneiderlin. Both seemed like no brainers.

e: I didn't realize Zabaleta was only 30. I was sure he was like 34.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 17, 2015

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Francois_Dillinger posted:

Villa haven't decided to sell Benteke; the valuation that Villa placed on him has, allegedly, been met so contractually he can talk to whoever meets that valuation. Why would Villa want to get rid of Benteke?

I've read elsewhere that originally Delph was told by City that he would be behind Pogba in the pecking order, but over the last week that situation changed. Who knows. In any case, this is a bit of a weasel move after releasing a statement that he was staying last week.

Lol they are selling big Ben dude, sorry for your loss.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Bellerin got a new contract.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

ragle posted:

If those kids are under 21 they don't count against the 25 player / 8 hg cap iirc.

Looking at City's squad they only have Kompany, Demichelis and Mangala as natural CBs. Sagna or Zaba could switch over but that'd be a spot to look for an English player. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team Would United sell them Smalling? or there's some guy 6'1" named Ben Gibson for Boro/u21 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team#Current_squad maybe Jagielka for a low price because of his age

I'm pretty sure United wouldn't sell their best CB to their rivals.

Also, you can register players under 21 to make up the numbers, from what I know.

They can buy all the Englishmen they want, but none of them will be locally trained (trained at club, basically), and you have to have at least four who are locally trained. How is it even possible for a professional club to put themselves in such a retarded position?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Parody Threads posted:

Lol they are selling big Ben dude, sorry for your loss.

That's what he said.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scherloch posted:

I'm pretty sure United wouldn't sell their best CB to their rivals.

Also, you can register players under 21 to make up the numbers, from what I know.

They can buy all the Englishmen they want, but none of them will be locally trained (trained at club, basically), and you have to have at least four who are locally trained. How is it even possible for a professional club to put themselves in such a retarded position?

Because you don't actually need 8 homegrown players in the squad.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Elliptical Dick posted:

That's what he said.

Um, no it's not!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Vlaar was totally average and a liability and I was happy to see him go. Delph was pretty good but not irreplaceable. Only thing that worries me is benteke going because I have no idea where our goals are going to come from unless we make some good signings, but I can't see who we can attract that would score us enough goals.

Seriously though, wtf delph. What an oaf. I hope someone flies a helicopter of his loyalty statements over villa park when man city visit. FABIAN WEALTH

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

sassassin posted:

Because you don't actually need 8 homegrown players in the squad.

I realize that, but they're effectively putting themselves at a bit of a disadvantage by not being able to register a full squad for Europe.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Peruvian (ex) wonderkid Cristian Benavente to MK Dons is a done deal

wouldnt surprise me if he breaks into the EPL after a couple seasons settling in, he's good.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/dons-bag-madrids-benavente-mk-dons-cristian-benavente-cristian-benavente-2554286.aspx

also, this is his sister, a major attention whore: https://twitter.com/SoniBenavente/media

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Ferrero was talking about bringing Balotelli and Cassano to Samp again today.

Would own if that happens.

I would like this because the ego explosion over the course of a whole season between the three of them would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Scherloch posted:

I realize that, but they're effectively putting themselves at a bit of a disadvantage by not being able to register a full squad for Europe.

No one even uses their full squad, anyway. A bunch of kids who might get 5mins on the field in the final game of the group stage make up the last 3 or 4 players of Arsenal's squad.

• Locked thread