Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i like subjunctive. he's gonna ban my Facebook Enemy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

emoji posted:

Smythe coordinates loads of depressed actors, unrealistically ambitious playwrights, drunken artworks and other assorted people with brain and personality disorders on a daily basis, making him far more qualified to manage YOSPOS.

who's talking about managing anything? im just saying that having some bad gimmick poster trying to run off an actual computer person is pretty uncool, even if subj is surgically attached to zuck's rear end in a top hat

people should be accepted or not based on their contribution to the community and general ok-ness, not because some drunken theater manager tries to throw down and act like he belongs here, lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

i'm the grease and disrupt circle

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I would like to keep both subj and smythe

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

subjunctive is good and so is smythe. ban that kzed guy, though.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

I would like to keep both subj and smythe

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

computer parts posted:

oh and if a PE is "mentoring" you or w/e you can use engineer

the one PE I've seen code from didn't understand c++ rule of three and dropped sleep() calls into ISRs and called it "debouncing", left me really unimpressed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Subjunctive posted:

the usual reason I hear is because of the risk of problems from hand-off between doctors

that's the AMA's given reason, yeah

yet somehow every hospital outside of freedomland manages to determine that medical errors and adverse long-term health effects are more common w/ 18+ hour shifts

fun fact: doctors are killed by stress-related diseases super often when they aren't falling asleep at the wheel and driving thru red lights

Rexicon1 posted:

there has been a lot of people looking into this and they found out that the reason there are problems with hand-offs is less that the patient has a different doctor and more that really really tired doctors use different short hand and there is no accurate standardized language between doctors esp if they are from different countries. Also, the doctors are really fuckign tired.

EPIC thissness

don't forget the legendarily lovely "doctor handwriting" style that you apparently learn in med school (except for your signature since that is required by law to be legible on medical docs)

oh yeah and a lot of that shorthand is abbreviation for latin terms which are themselves shorthand

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

who's talking about managing anything? im just saying that having some bad gimmick poster trying to run off an actual computer person is pretty uncool, even if subj is surgically attached to zuck's rear end in a top hat

people should be accepted or not based on their contribution to the community and general ok-ness, not because some drunken theater manager tries to throw down and act like he belongs here, lol

Smythe makes actually funny posts on a consistent basis. I don't really read these big threads but have seen Subjunctive make some interesting technical posts. Classifying people as 'actual computer people' or whatever and believing that has any bearing on the ability to produce good content is a manifestation of your brain disease and I hope you get the antiretroviral therapy you need.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Citizen Tayne posted:

I suspect his degree is a computer science degree or whatever.

if he's in Pittsburgh and says Computer Engineering, he may have done Electrical & Computer Engineering at CMU

in which case he should have recruiters beating down his door, he shouldn't have to hunt for job listings, even if his QPA was poo poo (because a poo poo QPA at CMU is like a 4.0 GPA at most state schools)

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

emoji posted:

Smythe makes actually funny posts on a consistent basis. I don't really read these big threads

funny w/o computer is plentiful elsewhere, hth

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i have a computer engineering degree but i've only done regular ol' programming with it. :-(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

i have a computer engineering degree but i've only done regular ol' programming with it. :-(

I dropped out of high school.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

JawnV6 posted:

funny w/o computer is plentiful elsewhere, hth

Most of his posts involve computers or digital technology, so what are you talking about?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oh cool a yospos slapfight

those are always fun

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

emoji posted:

Smythe makes actually funny posts on a consistent basis. I don't really read these big threads but have seen Subjunctive make some interesting technical posts. Classifying people as 'actual computer people' or whatever and believing that has any bearing on the ability to produce good content is a manifestation of your brain disease and I hope you get the antiretroviral therapy you need.

i often chuckle at smythe posts, he does his gimmick well

but I think his "prove you belong here" thing to someone who, imo, has proven they should be here pretty well is bullshit

Apr 7, 2003

lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Tusen Takk posted:

yeah my degree's focus is "computational intelligence" and when i google it it sounds impressive so hopefully someone will hire me

i also have experience writing way too much java so some idiot company will almost definitely hire me

you can PM me your resume

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

quote:

Units earned for a course multiplied by the Quality Point Value of the grade given for that course equals the Quality Points for that course. For example, a 9-unit course assigned a "C" grade is awarded 18 quality points (9 units x 2 quality points = 18 quality points).

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
[whilst late 30s khakis ill-fitting polo and a deece paunch] This content does not conform to my specifications.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

i often chuckle at smythe posts, he does his gimmick well

but I think his "prove you belong here" thing to someone who, imo, has proven they should be here pretty well is bullshit

he suxors jerry! he suxors the big one!!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jfc shut up.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres how u belong here: deliver a savage own or takedown on a computer OS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
and, for the RECORD - it was my good friend and posting pal TORI who pwned that fool off the forums. i cant take credit for it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

subjunctive isn't gone. he's good.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Smythe posted:

heres how u belong here: deliver a savage own or takedown on a computer OS

most computer os'es are ok

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

better him than dr w-rw-rw-r for resident facebook shill though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

agreed op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

wow. too hosed up for YOSPOS

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
iOS fuckin sux0rs and is an ugly POS. YOSPOS bitch!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip homejoy. another one bites the dust

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

and, for the RECORD - it was my good friend and posting pal TORI who pwned that fool off the forums. i cant take credit for it

Thank you.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

emoji posted:

look at this mother fucker riding smythe's dick into the sunset

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
subjunctif ran himself off by being a self loathing weirdo

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

if he's in Pittsburgh and says Computer Engineering, he may have done Electrical & Computer Engineering at CMU

in which case he should have recruiters beating down his door, he shouldn't have to hunt for job listings, even if his QPA was poo poo (because a poo poo QPA at CMU is like a 4.0 GPA at most state schools)

he's from pitt, i can't remember how their programs are structured

also lol at this ce fuckery, ce is a gigantic field and every single undergrad program with any pretense of credibility has like five wildly divergent tracks that different students take completely different selections of courses from, one of which is usually highly software-centric and closely resembles the systems programming track from the cs department if that's in a separate school

also lol at heightening the inherent contradictions in this forum

Apr 7, 2003

eschaton posted:

All the CMU grads I know personally work in tech support.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

look at this mother fucker riding smythe's dick into the sunset

As if I would gently caress a poor who uses a POS phone. Get real. bi0tch!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

my father used to work alongside an mit grad who janitored databases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm the grease and disrupt circle

but enough about goatse