Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
They finally went and did it.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Hasn't that been around for ages?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I can get the deep seas submarine set 60092 for 20€ instead of 30€. I have been eyeing the deep sea sets for a while because I like the theme and it would make for a pretty cool diorama in either a (empty) fishtank or a modified picture frame.

Any opinions on it? Is it as nice at it looks in the pics?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The endtimes are here, bricklink actually updated the look of their site.

No new features as near as I can tell, they just modernized the look.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

xzzy posted:

The endtimes are here, bricklink actually updated the look of their site.

No new features as near as I can tell, they just modernized the look.

There's lots of new features coming though, thank God .

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Rest In Pieces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxM-avNfLo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This video popped up yesterday, is a bit better performed death star smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEHRrZrXOdQ&t=216s

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

xzzy posted:

This video popped up yesterday, is a bit better performed death star smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEHRrZrXOdQ&t=216s

I wish I had that kind of camera when I was a kid. I smashed all my space ships by sending them down the stairs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Oh neat, 40145-1 is the new Lego Store model, I have 3300003-1 but I have a new Lego Store opening near me this weekend, gonna do my best to get one then!

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
For the Aus goons here, targets toy Sale next week has the dark Knight tumbler for $299. Starts Thursday i think.

Dunno how that compares price wise with the rest of the world but they have it as an exclusive so it's probably the cheapest way to get it due to overseas shipping etc.

I'm super tempted but $300 is nuts

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

The Rage posted:

Oh neat, 40145-1 is the new Lego Store model, I have 3300003-1 but I have a new Lego Store opening near me this weekend, gonna do my best to get one then!

What Danish dude do I have to explain to that (1) there are at least two snooty malls in Pittsburgh and (2) no one here makes regular shopping trips to Cleveland or Philadelphia

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The big Arco truck is up for pre-order on Amazon for £165, historically are these things available reduced within any reasonable timeframe or is it "grab it while you can"?

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Copper For Lyfe posted:

For the Aus goons here, targets toy Sale next week has the dark Knight tumbler for $299. Starts Thursday i think.

Dunno how that compares price wise with the rest of the world but they have it as an exclusive so it's probably the cheapest way to get it due to overseas shipping etc.

I'm super tempted but $300 is nuts

Grabbed the Ewok City, $309 is a shitload but I reckon it's a pretty awesome set

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

daveline posted:

Grabbed the Ewok City, $309 is a shitload but I reckon it's a pretty awesome set

I just caved and bought the tumbler online for instore pickup.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ElwoodCuse posted:

What Danish dude do I have to explain to that (1) there are at least two snooty malls in Pittsburgh and (2) no one here makes regular shopping trips to Cleveland or Philadelphia

I just moved from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and now I can go to the Lego store whenever I want :getin:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

ugh tell me about it. it's ridiculous that ross park mall doesn't have a lego store

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

xzzy posted:

Some dude on reddit found this in a second hand shop:

Looks like he's missing the antenna but the flag looks pristine.

I'd fall over if I saw that sitting on a shelf in 2015.

From a few pages ago, but I just bought all of these classic space sets for $150:

piece de resistance:

All have instructions, though you can see that the ones for 6870 are a little water damaged, and 6828 even has the box.

All but two are 100% complete, according to the seller (haven't had a chance to completely inventory them, yet.) 6870 is missing an antenna or two, I believe, and 6971 is missing a few pieces, hopefully it's stuff I can find on Bricklink or something. It'd be sweet to have it 100% (well, minus the box.)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's a good score, they don't show much play wear.

I have three of those sets sitting on a shelf at home. :buddy:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I used to have 6825 and the one above it (6826?) as a kid... Sadly before I rediscovered Lego I gave them away to friends kids...

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I'm surprised how much I ended up liking the Ultra Agents Helicopter. I hadn't intended to get it, but couldn't resist when I saw it for half price. Fun build, really solid (important for a helicopter). So, so much better than the Alien Conquest Jet Copter in every way.

The rotor mechanism is really cool and made me want to get a big technic set, something I've never had an interest in before. Also the two sets of rotors rotate in opposite directions.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm surprised how much I ended up liking the Ultra Agents Helicopter. I hadn't intended to get it, but couldn't resist when I saw it for half price. Fun build, really solid (important for a helicopter). So, so much better than the Alien Conquest Jet Copter in every way.

The rotor mechanism is really cool and made me want to get a big technic set, something I've never had an interest in before. Also the two sets of rotors rotate in opposite directions.

Yeah, the two big Ultra Agents sets from wave 2 are really nice. The chopper's got a great design and the boat is just crammed full of fun touches.

[Edit] Went to the Tukwila store today. They opened up the mall doors earlier than I thought, so the lineup started 2 hours before I got there. The first 300 people to spend $100 would get the exclusive Lego Store set. There were a couple hundred people in line, but half of them were kids. It took over 45 minutes for me to get through the line, and I decided to grab the Kwik-E-Mart and got the exclusive set. An employee estimated there were maybe 100 left at that point. After the store opened, an employee went down the line and gave every kid a polybagged Star Wars set. The PAB wall was disappointing; have they gotten rid of the 'Theme' parts? It looked like it was set up to provide pieces for a minibuild, and they took up precious wall space to add another cup dispenser.
There was a guy with his two kids behind me who came down from Canada just for the opening. He wanted to get the Ultra Agents boat, since apparently it's not being released in Canada, but the store isn't carrying them.
The giant build was a Hulk going up in front of Macy's, and it was being constructed by a Master Builder (1 of 7 in the world) out of big blocks kids were building.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 18, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

Yeah, the two big Ultra Agents sets from wave 2 are really nice. The chopper's got a great design and the boat is just crammed full of fun touches.

[Edit] Went to the Tukwila store today. They opened up the mall doors earlier than I thought, so the lineup started 2 hours before I got there. The first 300 people to spend $100 would get the exclusive Lego Store set. There were a couple hundred people in line, but half of them were kids. It took over 45 minutes for me to get through the line, and I decided to grab the Kwik-E-Mart and got the exclusive set. An employee estimated there were maybe 100 left at that point. After the store opened, an employee went down the line and gave every kid a polybagged Star Wars set. The PAB wall was disappointing; have they gotten rid of the 'Theme' parts? It looked like it was set up to provide pieces for a minibuild, and they took up precious wall space to add another cup dispenser.
There was a guy with his two kids behind me who came down from Canada just for the opening. He wanted to get the Ultra Agents boat, since apparently it's not being released in Canada, but the store isn't carrying them.
The giant build was a Hulk going up in front of Macy's, and it was being constructed by a Master Builder (1 of 7 in the world) out of big blocks kids were building.

Yeah doors open at SC at like....6:30 or something for the mall walkers. When I got there at 7ish there were already 50 something people ahead of me. Success though!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Is that Ferrari in more or less the same series as the VW Van and the Mini Cooper? I wasn't too impressed with it at first but it's sort of growing on me, so looking for a reason to get one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, Lego seems to have made a habit of releasing a high end car model every summer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Ferrari kind of looks terrible compared to the VW bus and the mini cooper, especially considering they are in the same price range. I do like how they built the back end, but mostly it's a pretty ugly build imo. It just looks really clunky compared to the other ones. I think those speed champion sets look as good for a fraction of the price.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

The Ferrari kind of looks terrible compared to the VW bus and the mini cooper, especially considering they are in the same price range. I do like how they built the back end, but mostly it's a pretty ugly build imo. It just looks really clunky compared to the other ones. I think those speed champion sets look as good for a fraction of the price.

I think it would look really good but they just used a ton of bricks to make it and the grooves between the bricks are really apparent, so it makes the build look ridiculously blocky.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

The Ferrari kind of looks terrible compared to the VW bus and the mini cooper, especially considering they are in the same price range.

In reality, like side by side?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The real F40 looks like a brick, so it's pretty accurate

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Should've made an F50

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

smackfu posted:

In reality, like side by side?

Nah, look fine in reality. In fact, the F40 is probably my favourite one.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 19, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm. Yeah it looks cool there but the hood still doesn't do it for me at all. Otherwise it is pretty rad though.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Nah, look fine in reality. In fact, the F40 is probably my favourite one.

The most important question is, do the headlights articulate?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SaNChEzZ posted:

The most important question is, do the headlights articulate?

Yes, but the inside of them is a sticker and it doesn't look that good. The model definitely benefits from having them down.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Yes, but the inside of them is a stick and it doesn't look that good. The model definitely benefits from having them down.

At least they went that far, I figured they'd just be wedges that were perma-down. Mine arrives tomorrow, super excited.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SaNChEzZ posted:

At least they went that far, I figured they'd just be wedges that were perma-down. Mine arrives tomorrow, super excited.

Yeah, its an awesome set in general.

The headlight aren't great...

But the rest of the details nailed it...

Let me know what you think, I loved the build process a lot.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Well I wasn't gonna a get the f40, but now I am

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Built the Arctic Outpost today. Fun build and one that I wish I'd been able to do when I was a kid. Probably one of my favorites since the Blacktron Renegade.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

benito posted:

Built the Arctic Outpost today. Fun build and one that I wish I'd been able to do when I was a kid. Probably one of my favorites since the Blacktron Renegade.

That sticker placement is making me feel ill what is wrong with you :gonk:

E: I hate sets with stickers with a passion because I get intensely frustrated if they're not perfectly straight AND centred. This is my problem, not anyone elses :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

E: I hate sets with stickers with a passion because I get intensely frustrated if they're not perfectly straight AND centred. This is my problem, not anyone elses :saddowns:

No, we all hate it too. The healing only starts when you accept it's impossible to put the stickers on right.