Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

For Party 2 on the VC I would need classic controllers for everyone and for GC games on Nintendon't I'd need GC controllers and the adapter, is that all correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You have Nintendoland, right?

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You have Nintendoland, right?

Yeah, and MK8 and Sports Club and SM3DW and NSMBU and Dokapon Kingdom and others I'm sure I'm not thinking of now. But I also have a weird desire to provide every kind of video entertainment possible.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Spin the Bottle is on sale right now, I guess?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The hand issue in Mario Maker was a non-issue after all

https://twitter.com/NintendoNews/status/622061784288112640

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Quest For Glory II posted:

What about gamers with prosthetic hands? Is Nintendo just trying to be insensitive on purpose now bc don't they realize the importance of this issue

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Excels posted:

just get Mario Party 2 on virtual console, it is so much better.

My brother bought Mario Party 10 a while ago. He decided he really wanted to get Mario Party 2 after the fact so I bought it for him using ~nintendo coins~. He hasn't really touched Mario Party 10 since.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The real important question is: Can we really change it to the fabled cat's paw?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

This was really loving ridiculous. Make up a critical piece to say Nintendo was being insensitive on race, and it turns out the information is totally incorrect. Are they going to write a critical think piece thanking Nintendo for the inclusiveness now?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Video games journalism is dumb as hell

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Augus posted:

The real important question is: Can we really change it to the fabled cat's paw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvfq1Hqds0s

Yeah, it's shown at the beginning of this great video.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bread Set Jettison posted:

don't sign your posts

majormonotone posted:

Apparently that article isn't even true; GoNintendo issued a correction that said that you can change the skintone of the hand

The funniest part about the whole thing is that the BI writer is now claiming that he had a conversation with many people at Nintendo about Mario Maker and they apparently just talked about the hand or that was all he took away from the convo.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

I wonder what it's like to write a bad clickbait article with misinformation and then get publicly upset at the company about whom you were misinforming after people start correcting you.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Good now I can feel like I'm more in the game, I guess. gently caress that other rear end in a top hat.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

what do you mean after all

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Will I be able to pick up girls at parties if I tell them I'm a video game journalist? It's a highly competitive field, you see

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Augus posted:

Will I be able to pick up girls at parties if I tell them I'm a video game journalist? It's a highly competitive field, you see

Yes, but the girls come with grease balls following them around making threats.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i went on a date with a girl from tinder and "video game journalist" is in my bio so maybe

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I guess these video game journalists weren't paying attention to E3 because I saw multiple hand colors during the E3 demos. I always figured it was tied to the Mii you had selected for your profile or something.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I went on a date with a girl who talked about the last date she'd been on where the guy was a self-proclaimed Pokemon master, and he spent their entire date forcing her to quiz him on Pokemon facts.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

i went on a date with a girl from tinder and "video game journalist" is in my bio so maybe

Every time you are about to take a video game journalist seriously remember that this guy is one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Did other people report on this or are people just doing the "one stupid person said something, ergo that applies to everyone" thing?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

SRM posted:

I went on a date with a girl who talked about the last date she'd been on where the guy was a self-proclaimed Pokemon master, and he spent their entire date forcing her to quiz him on Pokemon facts.

I'm surprised she was willing to see you a second time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Electromax posted:

:wow:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Electromax posted:

Me-owth!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Oh man, Paper Mario with save states means I can use Jump Attack as a convenient source of money (so long as I have 10 coins). 999 coins before even entering Dry Dry Outpass and Mt Rugged oh yeah! :smug:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not a self proclaimed pokemon master. I was declared pokemon master by Gary loving Oak after beating him and the elite four. Get your facts straight Bethany.

PS Bethany fairies are weak against poison. How you could fail to remember this I will never understand, just think about how Hook poisoned Tinkerbell.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Finally pulled the trigger on the deluxe refurb with Super Mario 3D World! Now the order is just pending :ohdear:.

Use Amazon Prime to buy Mario Kart 8, SSB? I know I need to get Splatoon but those two on top of Super Mario 3D World will be sufficient for a while :)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SRM posted:

I want on date like that, expect we both liked Pokemon and it was more about us talking about some guy standing at a ToyRus for 30 mins looking at a Chikorita Plush. He was trying to make sure it wasn't a China fake but leaves without even buying it anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jarogue posted:

I want on date like that, expect we both liked Pokemon and it was more about us talking about some guy standing at a ToyRus for 30 mins looking at a Chikorita Plush. He was trying to make sure it wasn't a China fake but leaves without even buying it anyway.

Sounds romantic.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
do you guys hit it after the date

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

do you guys hit it after the date

We have been dating before that date. She even gave a Farfetch'd plush for my B-Day and I gave her a Wailord plush on her's.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Jarogue posted:

I gave her a Wailord plush on her's.

Trying to say something about her? Hmm?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You can use a Wailord plush as a pillow, I think it's thoughtful.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hey so it turns out hyrule warriors gets loving annoying to play and people saying things like "you'll never finish" confused quality with quantity

gently caress a ranks

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hey so it turns out hyrule warriors gets loving annoying to play and people saying things like "you'll never finish" confused quality with quantity

gently caress a ranks

The answer to all games is play until you stop having fun. Hyrule Warriors particularly so.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

gently caress a ranks

That's the point where you begin to learn how to properly use the weapons you have and what to prioritize when you try a map.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nintendo uploaded their first video in over a week/since the news hit and...that sure is a Marvin the Martian costume.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nintendo uploaded their first video in over a week/since the news hit and...that sure is a Marvin the Martian costume.

That costume terrifies me on a level I have never before experienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hydrocodone posted:

I've got a few weeks this summer over which members of my friends and family will be around and I expect to have 3-5 people to play games with. I lose 30-60 minutes a day reevaluating if I want to buy Mario Party 10 but I keep coming up no. At this point, I want to buy it just to get back that hour every day.

I bought it a week or two ago when newegg had it on sale for 30 bux, and played it for the first time tonight. My only prior experience with Mario Party is the DS and 3DS versions but I thought it was fun enough, and my 5 and 6 year olds loved it. I don't get why people sperg out about the whole car thing, I don't mind it. Bowser Party is lots of fun too.

Maybe the real issue is that there's no way it'll live up to the Mario Party they played when they were 6.

Hydrocodone posted:

Yeah, and MK8 and Sports Club and SM3DW and NSMBU and Dokapon Kingdom and others I'm sure I'm not thinking of now. But I also have a weird desire to provide every kind of video entertainment possible.

Looks like you are also missing Wii Party U.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 18, 2015

• Locked thread