Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Scyantific posted:

His contract was for 2 seasons and they didn't renew. So he came forward as the "Arrow," got shanked in jail and "died," and left Starling.

So yeah

Yeah I remember all the plot poo poo (and due to the writing was why I was asking) but didn't know about the contract poo poo. Huh, well... okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I'll miss Roy/Colton Haynes but I'm cautiously optimistic that Thea will make a cool Speedy.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Colton Haynes thought he could make it in movies. But his first movie was San Andreas, so... unless he's too prideful, or left on bad terms, we might see him right back on Arrow.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ville Valo posted:

Colton Haynes thought he could make it in movies. But his first movie was San Andreas, so... unless he's too prideful, or left on bad terms, we might see him right back on Arrow.

I don't know if he will ever go back to being a regular, but it seems like he enjoys guest starring. I expect he will keep showing up from time to time. Ironically, he'll probably get more story-lines this way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ville Valo posted:

They didn't offer him the same terms as the other recurring characters which is part of why he left.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Maybe he'll show up in Agents of Shield since he's friends with Mary Sue Poots.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They probably realized that it was pointless to pay him a bunch, when it always seemed to be his scenes that were on the cutting room floor.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah, definitely need less Arsenal and more time for Open Felicity Weeping, more scenes of Black Canary 2.no going from Cant Beat a Street Punk to Beating Down Multiple League of Assassin Bros by the end of the episode.

Oh and more pouty lips barrowman. :bigtran:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah, definitely need less Arsenal and more time for Open Felicity Weeping, more scenes of Black Canary 2.no going from Cant Beat a Street Punk to Beating Down Multiple League of Assassin Bros by the end of the episode.

Oh and more pouty lips barrowman. :bigtran:

Roy getting fried by Ray and just forgotten about for the rest of the scene is probably still one of the single most hilarious parts of Arrow's 3rd season. It's just so flippant. Oliver doesn't so much as look over to make sure he's still breathing, doesn't go check once he's done dealing with the suit. Just leaves him passed the gently caress out and electrocuted on the ground, end scene.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
That's really why Roy didn't come back to Starling city. Oliver failed his bros-before-robos check.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Roys actor was pretty bad anyway and his character flat as gently caress. Can't say i'll be missing him

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Roys actor was pretty bad anyway and his character flat as gently caress. Can't say i'll be missing him

Everyone misses flips.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
His costume was better than all 3 seasons of Ollie's :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

His costume was better than all 3 seasons of Ollie's :colbert:

His costume's still on the show, though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Gaz-L posted:

Thea has a new one this season.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Are we getting a scene in the sweeps Flash crossover where Laurel looks at everyone and pouts.

"How come I'm stuck in last season's mask?"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

The costume had a better agent than Haynes.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
More casting news

We are getting a new hero in Mr Terrific, played by Echo Kellum. Its the Curtis Holt version, a wealthy tech guy who will be working with Felicity. Good news is it won't just be a rehash of Atom because the character is openly gay in the show.

We are getting a new villain in Anarky, played by Alexander Calvert.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

VBane posted:

a wealthy tech guy who will be working with Felicity.

God damnit. :ughh:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

God damnit. :ughh:
Its okay! He's gay! No love triangle!

Unless he falls in love with Ollie and does some kind of Fatal Attraction thing...

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Oracle posted:

Its okay! He's gay! No love triangle!

Unless he falls in love with Ollie and does some kind of Fatal Attraction thing...
...or Pied Piper, who I think is the only other gay character on The Flash.

Edit: Oh wait, forgot about the Central City Police Chief and his husband. Well, they're both taken, I guess.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Both versions of Mister Terrific were pretty cool characters so I have hopes for this one.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Nah I don't give a rats rear end about what team the character bats for it just (probably) means more more "FELICITY HAX THE WORLD BETTER THAN ANYONE" bug-eyed-bandit-episode level of bullshittery.

On the plus side that should at least mean less crying. :shrug:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
As if Felicity needs a logical reason to cry anymore.

I hope Laurel does update the costume a little. I always thought that the trenchcoat/cloak thing that Black Canary wore for some time in the Birds of Prey comics (that I unfortunately can't find any good pics of) might fit Laurel's body type a bit better.

Minus the fishnets, natch.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Or better yet get a black canary who can actually fight oh wait they had one but whoops she got a bad case of arrowitis. :sigh:

ed: vvvvvvvv friendly fire!!

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guess she didn't fight all that well then.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Duke Chin posted:

Or better yet get a black canary who can actually fight oh wait they had one but whoops she got a bad case of arrowitis. :sigh:

ed: vvvvvvvv friendly fire!!

Good thing we're getting White Canary then!

I did like Babby's 1st Vigilante Steps Laurel storyline so she can stay. Weird to say that after season 2 :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Both versions of Mister Terrific were pretty cool characters so I have hopes for this one.

I want a jacket with a huge FAIR PLAY!! shield on it. Like, make the entire jacket just those two words out of cloth, wrapping completely around him.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

How many times can Sarah be not dead and Olive know but not think its a good idea to tell her family. Wonder what the excuse will be this time around.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Good thing we're getting White Canary then!

I did like Babby's 1st Vigilante Steps Laurel storyline so she can stay. Weird to say that after season 2 :psyduck:

Drunk Laurel was the best you take that back. :mad:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VBane posted:

We are getting a new villain in Anarky, played by Alexander Calvert.

Hope this Anarky is based on the awesome Alan Grant version and no the terrible Nicieza one.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Warmachine posted:

Drunk Laurel was the best you take that back. :mad:

Drunk Laurel was great once she hit rock bottom and started lashing out at everyone around her. For most of the season it was pretty hard to watch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Katie Cassidy just won a Prism award for her alcoholism storyline.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Katie Cassidy just won a Prism award for her alcoholism storyline.

I'll never doubt method acting ever again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Drunk Laurel truly the best Laurel.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Laurel and Nyssa hanging out was like one of the top ten plots of last season.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay, just for context though, the "Rise of Arsenal" comic by DC which had Roy Harper beating people up with a dead cat also won a Prism award.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, just for context though, the "Rise of Arsenal" comic by DC which had Roy Harper beating people up with a dead cat also won a Prism award.

Wait, did you think I was posting that as evidence of her talent or something? I mean I like her, she's funny on social media and she's crazy hot but COME ON.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BrianWilly posted:

I remember that one. Crazy poo poo. It better loving happen in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rise of Arsenal may very well be the worst comic book ever, but they determined it depicted addiction and PTSD well. They're more about awareness.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 19, 2015

• Locked thread