Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Parody Threads posted:

Um, no it's not!

Yes it is. If Benteke goes it's because the valuation Villa have placed on him has been met; shame to lose him but at the same time it has made the club £25m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

No one even uses their full squad, anyway. A bunch of kids who might get 5mins on the field in the final game of the group stage make up the last 3 or 4 players of Arsenal's squad.

Yeah arsenal still have room on their 25 man roster but a couple first team players count as U21 and don't need to be registered.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Scherloch posted:

I realize that, but they're effectively putting themselves at a bit of a disadvantage by not being able to register a full squad for Europe.

Given their performance in Europe with a full squad, I'm not sure we'll be able to tell the difference.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm really mad at Fabian Delph.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

seems united had something under their sleeve, Woodward is doing some fantastic business.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...ef3&oe=5618109E

good move, ronaldo also came from a boy band and look at him now

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

City probably just doubled their original wage offer. Pretty hard to turn that down.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Clark and Okore are injury liabilities but I really liked their partnership and think we will be solid at the back this season if they can stay healthy. Kozak might finally play, which would be cool.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

If we're going to splurge billions on British players I'll take Sterling for a rip off and Delph for a bargain

Careful, this is how Liverpool fans rationalized signing Carroll for more than Suarez.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In other AV news we're supposed to be getting Jordan Amavi this weekend for £10m

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Delph is going to make all the money and I can't blame him.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So apparently special agent Micah Richards joined Villa and persuaded Delph to sign for City :c00l:

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

United planning on triggering Pedro £22m release clause apparently:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/17/manchester-united-pedro-22m-barcelona-release-clause
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ona-escape.html

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Interesting

much like this post

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Ogden/Jackson are usually pretty reliable. Probably means Di Maria is a goner though with Depay and Pedro on the wings and the emphasis on possession play.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Parody Threads posted:

Um, no it's not!

Can't stop another club from buying him which means they're effectively selling him although they didn't choose to. Subtle difference I know but one that was pretty obvious from his post.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

Bellerin got a new contract.

Good, he's awesome

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Tasty. He's a really skilled player. Is there reason to think he'd do better for us than Di Maria though, or would we just be replacing one twink with another. :raise:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

euroboy posted:

Good, he's awesome

he is

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

PirateBob posted:

Tasty. He's a really skilled player. Is there reason to think he'd do better for us than Di Maria though, or would we just be replacing one twink with another. :raise:

Would fit into our system of play better and would hopefully have an impact similar to Sanchez. In any case, he would be more consistent than Di Maria and actually manage to hold onto the ball.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Would fit into our system of play better and would hopefully have an impact similar to Sanchez.

Lol Pedro isn't even close to Sanchez.

I honestly think he's the kind of player that won't look very good outside of Barca. He's a good finisher but he's not physically gifted (like Sanchez is) nor is he overly creative.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Francois_Dillinger posted:

Villa haven't decided to sell Benteke; the valuation that Villa placed on him has, allegedly, been met so contractually he can talk to whoever meets that valuation. Why would Villa want to get rid of Benteke?

I've read elsewhere that originally Delph was told by City that he would be behind Pogba in the pecking order, but over the last week that situation changed. Who knows. In any case, this is a bit of a weasel move after releasing a statement that he was staying last week.

It's nice that we're in for top midfielders like a Pogba or a Delph

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

PirateBob posted:

No he isnt

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol Pedro is not a top top player and owes his entire career to Pep loving him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Would fit into our system of play better and would hopefully have an impact similar to Sanchez. In any case, he would be more consistent than Di Maria and actually manage to hold onto the ball.

This is insane.

Bling Bling
Jun 9, 2001
Women are bitches since they won't fuck me.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I honestly think he's the kind of player that won't look very good outside of Barca. He's a good finisher but he's not physically gifted (like Sanchez is) nor is he overly creative.
Yeah Pedro is like Jesus Navas but slightly less terrible at scoring.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ewar Woowar posted:

pedro is actually really good

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

poo poo Farm posted:

pedro is actually really good

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Pedro these days is a good sub but that's pretty much it

he was really cool and good during Pep though

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I watched Pedro score a brace against Llevante six years ago or some poo poo while i was tanked on 10 or so Estrellas and he was good at taking balls from an in prime Xavi and and in prime Iniesta and kicking them into the back of the net, sometimes hard, sometimes not. He'll surely slot right in at 2015 Manchester United featuring Adnan Jauziaia and coached by a retarded Dutchman, thanks for reading this Pituae post.

Barvo fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 18, 2015

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Yann Erik de Lanlay to RBK is a done deal
http://www.rbk.no/news/article/7jvo1fzhzq9z1mhnl7ac5gpko/title/de-lanley

Dekko
May 23, 2007
I don't speak French but I think this:

http://www.ogcnice.com/fr/actualite/24256/accord-pour-le-transfert-damavi

means that Jordan Amavi to Aston Villa is a Done Deal

If it wasn't for Delph ruining my weekend I'd be really excited about this, we've been searching for a decent left back for the best part of a decade.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kill all trønders.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dekko posted:

I don't speak French but I think this:

http://www.ogcnice.com/fr/actualite/24256/accord-pour-le-transfert-damavi

means that Jordan Amavi to Aston Villa is a Done Deal

If it wasn't for Delph ruining my weekend I'd be really excited about this, we've been searching for a decent left back for the best part of a decade.

We've lacked a good LB since Willy Bouma left. Very happy with this.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I'm warming up my bold tags ready for Mitrović to Newcastle.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Juwt when you thought the owls cpuldbt possibly sigb any more players, Sheffield Wednesday have signed Watford midfielder Lewis McGugan for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old spent time on loan at Hillsborough last season, scoring three goals in 22 league appearances across two spells.

He told the club website: "It's been a stressful few days and I'm glad it's over the line now."

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Amavi to Villa on a five-year deal has been completed

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4872382,00.html

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Steves Asleep posted:

I'm warming up my bold tags ready for Mitrović to Newcastle.

I'm warming up my bold tags for Mbemba too. I know nothing about him, but he's a centre back :getin:

He also has 4 birthdays so he could be anything from 20-25, lmao

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Frankston posted:

Amavi to Villa on a five-year deal has been completed

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4872382,00.html

Nice bold tags, you scared or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rumours that Chicago Fire are trying to sign free agent Didier Drogba...

• Locked thread