Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

she thinks he's a tiny adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If Cody is this competent, how has Johnny been able to bully his friend all this time?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Slime posted:

If Cody is this competent, how has Johnny been able to bully his friend all this time?

They wait until he's not in the room. His greatest weakness.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

oddium posted:

she thinks he's a tiny adult

She's finally found someone who shares her hobby.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

Possibly that the student that she thought was merely unruly is actually possessed. We don't know wheter or not she is aware of the supernatural nature of Mayview.

She's certainly aware that the supernatural exists, what with being herself some weird sort of puppeteering monster with glowing nostrils that imitate her facial expressions.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
The word boyflesh will never not be creepy. :gonk:

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Jetamo posted:

why is she vice-principal

I assume she followed the standard promotion track of killing and eating the heart of the previous vice-principal.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I no longer know what the gently caress is going on.

I confess to slightly losing the thread as well, even with the help of frequent flashbacks. This dodgehitball sequence is fun, not to mention anime as gently caress, but it's also getting a little indulgent. Is this the main scene of the chapter? It's a lot of energy to put into what's mostly just the setup for how the spirit puppeteering Jeff gains access to the teacher's lounge.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Meanwhile, Cody engages Terminator Mode.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Slime posted:

His skills only extend to balls and sports involving them.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Prison Warden posted:

Picking on the gay kid, eh?

That was a joke

Splicer fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 17, 2015

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Prison Warden posted:

The anime, it goes ever deeper.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that even the evil spirit possessing Jeff is horrified at the vice-principal. Lady's scary.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 18, 2015

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

I like that even the evil spirit possessing Cody is horrified at the vice-principal. Lady's scary.

Possessing Jeff

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Back when the LPer duo Run Button got started, people thought Kyle was Keith because he was the one who said the name "Keith" when talking. Likewise, Keith was mistaken for Kyle because he was the one who referred to the other LPer as "Kyle."

Basically people think other people operate on Pokemon name rules.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Roland Jones posted:

I like that even the evil spirit possessing Cody is horrified at the vice-principal. Lady's scary.

What vice principal?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Fried Chicken posted:

What vice principal?

If you look closely at the normal floating kid, you can actually see her. It's one of this webcomic's most intricately hidden easter eggs.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Charlz Guybon posted:

Possessing Jeff

I suck, whoops, yeah. The name "Cody" was in my head when I wrote that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So what was the thing that happened over the past few days referred to in the "I'm removing comments" post?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

So what was the thing that happened over the past few days referred to in the "I'm removing comments" post?

Some people figured out how to post on future comment sections and basically turned the whole thing into one big circlejerk of "oooh, we're all time travelers". It made the comment section obnoxious and unreadable for anyone who wasn't in on it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SirSamVimes posted:

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but if I know comments sections, I'm willing to bet it has something to do with Cody being gay.

e:f;b

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but if I know comments sections, I'm willing to bet it has something to do with Cody being gay.

e:f;b

:munch:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy moly

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I must have been wrong, there can be no reason greater than this one to disable the comments, though I suppose the "posting on pages that don't exist yet" makes a convenient excuse to avoid controversy.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

...so, it was a comments section.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I feel a lot better about my life now that I'm armed with the insight that at least I've never written mutliple paragraph webcomic comments about the sexuality of a tertiary character who the author said was gay.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Of course a character being gay would be the catalyst for the awfulness of a comment section to become terminal. I still remember the whiny babies from the Gunnerkrigg comments.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

SirSamVimes posted:

Of course a character being gay would be the catalyst for the awfulness of a comment section to become terminal. I still remember the whiny babies from the Gunnerkrigg comments.

chibisoma.txt

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The author is a ghost

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GodFish posted:

chibisoma.txt

reverse chibisoma if anything

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Frankly it was only a matter of time before those people latched onto Paranatural.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Are people seriously arguing that the author himself can't declare a character gay?

I guess that nothing less than on screen fornication will convince them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are people seriously arguing that the author himself can't declare a character gay?

I guess that nothing less than on screen fornication will convince them.

They're just wrestling! That's my interpretation!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

Some fans will insist that straight characters are actually gay, and some other fans will insist that gay characters are actually straight. It's just how fandom works.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Cat Mattress posted:

Some fans will insist that straight characters are actually gay, and some other fans will insist that gay characters are actually straight. It's just how fandom works.

As long as the whole thing is up in the air, I have no issue with that; but when the author straight up tells you "no dude this character is totally an homosexual" than it becomes kind of ridiculous.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
B-b-but Death of the Author!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Isn't that concept only supposed to refer to possible interpretations of subtext or thematic meaning in the story, rather than solid universe facts like "X is gay"?

I'm mostly asking because English lit was over a decade ago for me and I wasn't that good at it even then.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Isn't that concept only supposed to refer to possible interpretations of subtext or thematic meaning in the story, rather than solid universe facts like "X is gay"?

I'm mostly asking because English lit was over a decade ago for me and I wasn't that good at it even then.

Basically, but it's a thing people on the Internet love to trot out whenever they're wrong about a thing they like and get told as much by the author/the author's comments or the work itself explicitly show they're wrong. It's really annoying.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Renaissance Robot posted:

If the text supports an argument, that argument should be considered a valid interpretation. That's my view on it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

Basically, but it's a thing people on the Internet love to trot out whenever they're wrong about a thing they like and get told as much by the author/the author's comments or the work itself explicitly show they're wrong. It's really annoying.

But you see the cute sidekick and the hunky werewolf are secretly lovers.