Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man they really need to get better with the wagon that brings you more dudes. I been playing a new save for 5 hours and still have yet to see a jester, leper, or an Arbalest. I even upgraded the thing that increases your choices a few times.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

MinibarMatchman posted:

that is beyond retarded. I figured it was kind of annoying enough for them all to have like 8 hp each but being able to miss them is a stupid rule. other than that I'm fine with the mechanic.

I actually liked the houndmaster but the one I initially got had to be dismissed after the first mission he was on went bad and he caught like 3 fuckin diseases.

Diseases are kinda annoying me. At least two of my dudes come back with diseases that need to be healed, only for them to catch another disease in the next mission.

I can see how traversing the warrens would have a high disease chance, but what kind of rampant maladies are running through the ruins that keep plaguing my party members?!

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Clever to me is more like cunning as in "clever girl" when discussing raptors.

I love the new houndmaster, but I'm not sure he fits with the tone of the game. Unless the hound contracts rabies and he has to put it down after each dungeon run. Tap e quickly to build up the willpower to send her to the farm upstate.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ughhh no Houndmaster will show on the wagon for me.

Corpses are such a big change. I actually went back to using the Crusader's double-hit skill mostly to clear the frontline of corpses or hitting a corpse and an enemy to bring another foe into range. Being abl to cover all the enemy spots means a lot more now if you don't want to waste attacks. The fact that corpses dodge blows, though, is a bit aggravating when it happens.

Also, is it me of did they change the 'Feast' option in camp from 8 food to 6 food?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Sephyr posted:

Also, is it me of did they change the 'Feast' option in camp from 8 food to 6 food?

I haven't played with the new patch yet (and probably won't until they reverse the asinine corpse miss/dodge chance) but could you have a stress faster or similar in the party?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Occultist needs a corpse explosion ability now.

And Leper needs a cannibalize ability :unsmigghh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in 3 or 4 expeditions today I've had like 6 loving deaths.I've had like maybe 3 in the last 3 months. Idk if this is due to corpses or what but safe to say something is kind of hosed in this update. Also missed hitting a corpse 3 goddamn times in a row.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Also, maggots used to be a joke. Now they are one of the biggest threats.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

captain innocuous posted:

Also, maggots used to be a joke. Now they are one of the biggest threats.

Maggots need to be toned the gently caress down. I get that they were given prot so they actually got an attack or two off, but as it stands they're a colossal loving chore to fight. 40% prot instead of 60% would probably be just fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I started playing this again after not touching it in a couple months and I do not like this corpse mechanic.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Coolguye posted:

Maggots need to be toned the gently caress down. I get that they were given prot so they actually got an attack or two off, but as it stands they're a colossal loving chore to fight. 40% prot instead of 60% would probably be just fine.

Man, 60%? Try fighting them at Champion level. loving 80%.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I haven't played in months but weren't maggots already a big threat if you didn't wipe them out on first turn?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Baronjutter posted:

I live in the new world colonies and clever = talented, smart, good at something. I don't think there's a difference in meaning over the Atlantic, or if there is it's a regional thing? Or people are just crazy?
It is very common in native American lore and myth. Europeans don't really prize out of the box thinking, historically.

It is kind of funny hearing Brits talk about how dorky a word sounds though.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

coyo7e posted:

It is very common in native American lore and myth. Europeans don't really prize out of the box thinking, historically.

It is kind of funny hearing Brits talk about how dorky a word sounds though.

They're going to want to go to the chemist for some plasters for all that bum-hurt.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Time_pants posted:

They're going to want to go to the chemist for some plasters for all that bum-hurt.

Assuming we can be arsed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

With any other game, patch changes would be a wash but honestly the developer on twitter and the forums takes note of so much feedback and has been so good at doing quick balance changes that I'm pretty confident a lot will be tweaked in the next week or so. I really do hope corpse HP goes down because 8HP just seems like a bit much to me. I think it's enough that you'd have to hit one like once or even twice to rid yourself of them, but when it can take like 3 or more hits plus misses at like 2 to 3 corpses, enemies have more time to wreck you, which is probably why I lost a ridiculous amount of new recruits for the night.

Jinx
Sep 9, 2001

Violence and Bloodshed
Corpses really weaken classes like the crusader, who don't have skills that allow them to easily hit any rank, or specifically only makes them useful in certain situations. This really makes the Hellion (she can hit literally any rank from the front lines), the Plague Doctor (blight damage is buffed, and she can clear corpses) and the Man-at-Arms (retribution is really good at hitting inaccessible enemies).

If anything, corpses really punish you early on the most because you cannot easily do 8 HP damage in a single attack with anyone, and you don't always have a class available that can easily clear corpses on a given run. I think this really weakens certain combinations of heroes, especially early on. At least this might give the Leper a chance - his purge skill is really quite useful, especially in the necromancer fight.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
I'm so totally in love with this game but I am forbidding myself to play any further until release.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I don't like that the hound's -PROT attack doesn't just get a flat bonus against marked target, and the whistle isn't just a mark. Basically the houndmaster seems like he'd be a good fourth addition to the Occultist, Arbalest, and Bounty Hunter Mark Brigade but for some reason he's not. :mad:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jinx posted:

Corpses really weaken classes like the crusader, who don't have skills that allow them to easily hit any rank, or specifically only makes them useful in certain situations. This really makes the Hellion (she can hit literally any rank from the front lines), the Plague Doctor (blight damage is buffed, and she can clear corpses) and the Man-at-Arms (retribution is really good at hitting inaccessible enemies).

On the other hand, the Crusader's healing and tanking skills both got an upgrade. They're still good, just in a different role than before.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

How the gently caress do you miss a corpse.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The same way you miss a giant gently caress-off cannon or cooking pot, apparently

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

This is really my biggest issue with the new corpse mechanic

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
This game now runs like complete poo poo on my laptop that was perfectly capable when the game first came out on early access. In dungeons, my party hitches at every "square." Some optimization is dearly needed or it could be just my laptop in the summer.

Also, my torches used to last an entire hallway (25 light per hallway) i.e. I used to just light a torch before entering every room but now they drain much quicker. It seems like entering a door drains your torch a little bit no matter what.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So are there any abilities or enemies that use corpses, like explosions or causing a new, different enemy to spawn out of it, or revive it? Do player characters leave corpses?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lotish posted:

Do player characters leave corpses?

This should definitely be a thing. What a great consolation prize it would be, that even if your front line fighters were to die, at least your party would hold ranks for another round or so.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Mr. Lobe posted:

This should definitely be a thing. What a great consolation prize it would be, that even if your front line fighters were to die, at least your party would hold ranks for another round or so.

I thought they did? Isn't that the whole point of the mechanic?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I only just started my new run but the changes haven't hit me as hard as others I guess since I'm still in beginners. I've just been using a bit more AoE than usual and definitely people who can hit the back ranks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

This game now runs like complete poo poo on my laptop that was perfectly capable when the game first came out on early access. In dungeons, my party hitches at every "square." Some optimization is dearly needed or it could be just my laptop in the summer.

Also, my torches used to last an entire hallway (25 light per hallway) i.e. I used to just light a torch before entering every room but now they drain much quicker. It seems like entering a door drains your torch a little bit no matter what.

I thought I was going nuts but yeah, the torches are draining at a ridiculous pace. I go from 95 to nothing in one room walk. Between that and all the other dungeon buffs it's no wonder I was getting hosed way, way harder.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

I thought I was going nuts but yeah, the torches are draining at a ridiculous pace. I go from 95 to nothing in one room walk. Between that and all the other dungeon buffs it's no wonder I was getting hosed way, way harder.

Each corridor is still only -24 to -30. I'm think they did buff enemies' darkness-causing attacks, though, so if you let a couple of cultists sit there and spam incantations they can eat your torch up.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I thought they did? Isn't that the whole point of the mechanic?

No, enemies leave corpses, but your guys don't. At least, none of my guys who died have.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Mr. Lobe posted:

No, enemies leave corpses, but your guys don't. At least, none of my guys who died have.

:ohdear: Then.... whats getting buried in the graveyard???

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Those are just markers, the corpses go to feed the Plague Doctor's maggots.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Hotfix today added "Monsters get crit bonus with increasing darkness". Can't say I've noticed between having my rear end handed to me in every loving dungeon and my whole team losing their minds repeatedly while catching STDs.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I'm so totally in love with this game but I am forbidding myself to play any further until release.
So much was changed since I played a couple weeks ago that I'm gonna sit on it for a month as well.

Playing Majesty. :snoop:

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

I like how the Steam forums are completely making GBS threads their pants over the corpse mechanic. Apparently a bunch of people couldn't play this game without every enemy steadfastly sauntering towards the front line.

e: also big changes to trinkets in the latest patch. The tough ring has a -10% dmg penalty, and focus rings have -5%.

brocretin fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 18, 2015

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

This was a bad patch to start playing this game, corpses are ridiculous. Lost 3 out of 4 four dudes doing the first mission. Having 2/4 of my characters uselessly wasting their turns missing corpses is terrible.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol this patch also marks the first time I get "X is still missing" like really? now we have multiple days of characters just going loving missing? yeah I'm done till they patch this, this is beyond bad

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol this patch also marks the first time I get "X is still missing" like really? now we have multiple days of characters just going loving missing? yeah I'm done till they patch this, this is beyond bad

That's not new. My last save file had someone gone for like four weeks. It sucks early but that's why I run like three teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I haven't tried out the new patch but from the patch notes and the reaction it sounds like instead of balancing the bad classes the game was just made way more tedious?