Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Also I'm pretty sure sticking your head out the window is like being on a roller coaster as far as a dog is concerned so yeah

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Rollercoasters are either awesome or terrible, waterslides are usually less extreme. I'm having a hard time deciding which to even vote for.

I guess I'll go with waterslides because I've never wanted to throw up after one?

I just don't know.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Dog and Waterslide?

You have terrible opinions :smuggo:

They're okay but rollercosters are way better.

Rollercoasters can go hundreds of feet in the air and do loop de loops and barrel rolls and all kinds of fun poo poo.

Water slides you just start at the top and then slowly go downhill while battling friction and being pushed along in a sea of public urine.

Counterpoint: Action Park, a place with waterslides so goddamn extreme and dangerous that you are literally gambling with your life by going there.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Although I favor roller coasters, this is the truth of the matter. Both are good.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I laughed harder than I should've.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Team catslides best team.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

raditts posted:

Counterpoint: Action Park, a place with waterslides so goddamn extreme and dangerous that you are literally gambling with your life by going there.

This is a pro click, just fyi

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Well if they're on the same team as you they would be in the same area, Guy Who Got Really Mad About The Previous Splatfest.

Its for matchmaking moron. If you and your friend both send a request to the server at the same universal second to be put into a match with "7 random players" eventually it will matchmake you into the same lobby.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fuckin' adorable.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More product placement - Kirin Afternoon Lemon Tea vs Milk Tea, next weekend:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/622224898400743424

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

absolutely anything posted:

if you were on team dog and picked water slide this time around you were actually a false dog all along and are not my friend

Right, because it's cats that would prefer waterslides.

(I have a dog that like water and slides. Also it is 999 degrees out.)

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

IMO, they're both nasty. So :shrug:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marie is showing a emotion other than snark or disinterest so it's not accurate.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Marie is showing a emotion other than snark or disinterest so it's not accurate.

That is the great power of waterslides, my friend.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like the Octobrush for combat, but it really makes me miss having a sprinkler. I think I might still rep the regular Inkbrush during the fest, except that it most certainly loses to the Octo (which will be very common for a little while) in a straight fight. HMMM.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hachi machi! I shoulda chose team waterslide! *pulls on collar*

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon but i will be with team waterslide in spirit because roller coasters are scary. peace.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

I used to down a 1.5 litre bottle of Afternoon Milk Tea every day when I was in Japan, those were some good times.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

raditts posted:

:stonk:

...I'm still Team Waterslide, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why cant NA get product placement...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Octobrush is loving stupid, guys. It makes no sense that it has such a wide range, it's pretty much as easymode as the Aerospray.

I even had a couple matches against some people using the Octobrush that were lagging so hard that even after they died there was still waves of ink flying out of the spot where they died.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Octobrush is great for killing people and I feel a lot better about going after people with a kraken panic button, but I think inkbrush is better at marking turf with the sprinklers and inkstrike.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

So, the Octobrush is basically the Inkbrush with a little more bite. 3 swipes will kill, maybe 4 if the enemy is swimming in Defense Ups. Squid Beakons are easy to place where you want them with the "roll" speed, and the Kraken is the panic button as always.

N-ZAP '89 is pretty much the Inkbrush in Shooter form. The shoot-when-moving speed coupled with the Sprinkler makes for huge area denial, very quick 4-5 hit kills and builds up the Inkstrike stupidly fast. Absolutely deadly if you're good at taking the initiative.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wish I liked the octobrush instantly- gotta play with it more but it just feels like a worse inkbrush to me. The swings for whatever reason feel a lot slower and the ink spread is super unreliable.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Splatfest started 5 minutes early for me and then COMM ERROR :psyduck:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wish I liked the octobrush instantly- gotta play with it more but it just feels like a worse inkbrush to me. The swings for whatever reason feel a lot slower and the ink spread is super unreliable.

I think the swing rates are similar but the octobrush throws five globs of paint that are bigger and more damaging vs individual inkbrush globs. Maybe 50% more ink is layed down on the charge, but the run speed for the inkbrush is way better.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised Moray Towers isn't in

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trent posted:

I'm surprised Moray Towers isn't in

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe because it's a little more complex, and they want Spletfest to be accessible?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe because it's a little more complex, and they want Spletfest to be accessible?

What're the Splatfest maps for Eat vs Sleep?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aw yeah, first match 2 octobrushes against 4 aerosprays. As in only 2 octobrushes and didn't put in 4 people for some reason?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gotta be honest, I'm nowhere near as hyped for this Splatfest as the previous one. I don't know if there will be any that match up to cats vs. dogs though, since that one had time to build hype from before the game was even out. Now you give me Burger vs. Burrito or Mario vs. Luigi and we'll talk.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

First match communication error in the first 30 seconds. Aw yeah!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Second match comm error'd for me. Third match was finished, but pretty laggy.

Really hoping it isn't like this for the whole Splatfest.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Splatfest started and first miiverse post I see is someone trying to copy that Marie and Callie going down a water slide picture while all the others are just stick figures on both sides.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SL the Pyro posted:

Second match comm error'd for me. Third match was finished, but pretty laggy.

Really hoping it isn't like this for the whole Splatfest.

I was hitting a roller in the back, then they rolled over me from behind, twice.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Octobrush is pretty legit guys. Kraken is a way better 'oh gently caress poo poo I way overextended' panic button than inkbrush has.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Me and my coaster teams have been coasting along so far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Has anybody gotten a map that isn't Rig yet? Ten in a fuckn' row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Splatfest started and first miiverse post I see is someone trying to copy that Marie and Callie going down a water slide picture while all the others are just stick figures on both sides.

The Miiverse drawings are so boring this time.:(

I keep fighting against roller coasters that only have 2-3 teammates. Maybe more people chose slide then I thought.

• Locked thread