Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Normie Slayer posted:

What if they made a comic book movie that wasn't actually based on a comic book?

Darkman is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

are comic book movies over yet

i think they have them planned out for the next 20 years

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Chief posted:

Ant-Man was really good

Was it? I thought about going today but went to the grocery store instead :v:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Normie Slayer posted:

What if they made a comic book movie that wasn't actually based on a comic book?

What if I became a good forums poster?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Darkman is very good

Hell yeah!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

the wildest rear end posted:

i think they have them planned out for the next 20 years

There's some point in like 2017 where we get a new superhero movie every single week for a month.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

No , they're really popular

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Time to ask the hard questions.

Would the anime forum rather see a third season of Chihayafuru, or Mushi-Shi?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

lol not in your lifetime. you're gonna see apocalyptic global warming consequences before they're done with this

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Apparently a Gambit movie is coming out next year?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're gonna run out of characters at this rate, and then we will finally get the question movie we all deserve

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

TOGURO'S NOT DEAD!?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

they're gonna run out of characters at this rate, and then we will finally get the question movie we all deserve

They'll never run out of characters.

and we'll never get a Question movie, DC is really terrible.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Finally starting the Dark Tournament arc. This is gonna rock.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dude789 posted:

chihayafuru

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude789 posted:

chihayafuru, easy

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
even though, ironically enough, the Question is basically the only superhero who actually fits DC's "everything is grey and hosed and terrible" tone

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

chihayafuru

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't seen Chihayafuru or Mushi-shi. I'll finish them, some day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

even though, ironically enough, the Question is basically the only superhero who actually fits DC's "everything is grey and hosed and terrible" tone
yeah i have no idea why DC is so obsessed with making movies that are so unenjoyable to watch

marvel movies aren't always good but at least you can go see a dude punch another dude and snap off a few one lienrs

the writing in the DC movies is just as bad but it's so self-serious and boring.

gently caress christopher nolan

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'd unironically watch a Fourth World TV/movie franchise. That's my superhero movie opinion.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here is my superhero movie prediction: I bet that the Valiant movies will be good, but overlooked because they are not DC or Marvel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Here is my superhero movie prediction: I bet that the Valiant movies will be good, but overlooked because they are not DC or Marvel.
agreed

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

make a space ghost movie, but don't let anyone know whether it's actual space ghost or coast to coast

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this includes the actors

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I liked the Nolan batman movies but boy I really didn't need to see a guy who normally dresses in blue and red spandex destroy his hometown and snap a dude's neck

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also the reason DC is so obsessed with making movies that are unenjoyable to watch is probably because they are obsessed with making comics that are unenjoyable to read

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

yeah i have no idea why DC is so obsessed with making movies that are so unenjoyable to watch

marvel movies aren't always good but at least you can go see a dude punch another dude and snap off a few one lienrs

the writing in the DC movies is just as bad but it's so self-serious and boring.

gently caress christopher nolan

In Superman stuff there's usually a scene where people shoot at Superman, and Superman just stands there while the bullets splat on his bulletproof skin. They should've done a scene like that in Man of Steel, where Zod picks up civilians and throws them super-fast at Superman, and Superman just stands there as the civilians splat against his invincible body. Or maybe he casually bats them away with one hand before they hit him, and their broken bodies fly off into a pile of rubble.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

GorfZaplen posted:

Today can be the day where you begin your journey.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

In Superman stuff there's usually a scene where people shoot at Superman, and Superman just stands there while the bullets splat on his bulletproof skin. They should've done a scene like that in Man of Steel, where Zod picks up civilians and throws them super-fast at Superman, and Superman just stands there as the civilians splat against his invincible body. Or maybe he casually bats them away with one hand before they hit him, and their broken bodies fly off into a pile of rubble.
i think they should've made superman a good movie, instead

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoubleDonut posted:

Also the reason DC is so obsessed with making movies that are unenjoyable to watch is probably because they are obsessed with making comics that are unenjoyable to read

This was completely true since 2011, but they've been trying to turn it around little by little.

boom boom boom posted:

What about a movie where Superman cries as he beats Bizarro to death.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I can't unhear Frieza's voice whenever Genkai speaks.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

GorfZaplen posted:

Chihayafuru and season 2 of Mushi-shi are on crunchyroll and I believe season one of Mushi-shi is on youtube so there is no excuse.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DoubleDonut posted:

I liked the Nolan batman movies but boy I really didn't need to see a guy who normally dresses in blue and red spandex destroy his hometown and snap a dude's neck

They didn't even set up earlier in the movie that Superman doesn't like killing. So it's meaningless when he does it. And he did it to save four people. Superman and Zod had already killed thousands and thousands of people, and Superman hadn't even tried to save any lives or prevent any deaths, but man, 12,769 deaths is 4 deaths more than Superman will accept

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dude789 posted:

Chihayafuru and season 2 of Mushi-shi are on crunchyroll and I believe season one of Mushi-shi is on youtube so there is no excuse.

I will watch them when I'm ready, rest assured.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

GorfZaplen posted:

I can't unhear Frieza's voice whenever Genkai speaks.

You know, my friend is really into these old men like Grunkle Stan and Rick Sanchez, and I teased her about it, but when I was rewatching YYH last year I was like, "gently caress! Genkai is really cute! My friend must never find out."

I never noticed how much like Freeza she sounds like, though. Now I can't unhear it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

dude789 posted:

Chihayafuru, but only if Chihaya and Taichi kiss

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GloomMouse posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GloomMouse posted:

i would accept chihaya and shinobu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU