Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Guys, it's just a show, you should really just relax.

Literally The Worst posted:

Wizard is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Potsticker posted:

I also liked that pretty much anyone could use the belts in Faiz, with one notable and completely terrible exception. Near the end Gaim was kind of cool with this counting how many belts were left for the remaining riders to use.

As for the belts being pulled out if nowhere, I think Fourze made me laugh for how big and bulky it was and Gentaro would just grab it out from behind his back. On the flip side Wizard was pretty good about Haruto always wearing his handprint belt buckle.

I like that Mr. Belt is pretty mobile on his own.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The little shift-car Mr. Belt Man was adorable.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Mr. Belt being a character with a personality and everything has been pretty great.

Though I suppose that's not too different than Kivat.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Huh, I'm surprised to find myself agreeing completely with LTW for once.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The worst thing about Mr. Belt is that there's nothing about him I can use to continue the number theme like Gaim had, what with an open padlock resembling a 6.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Waffleman_ posted:

The worst thing about Mr. Belt is that there's nothing about him I can use to continue the number theme like Gaim had, what with an open padlock resembling a 6.

Did Wizard have a 5 motif that I'm forgetting?

(I don't remember much from Wizard)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A hand has five fingers.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Potsticker posted:

Mr. Belt being a character with a personality and everything has been pretty great.

I want to watch this alternate version of Drive where Krim has a personality.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Just lay the belt out to make a 7. Sadly the shift cars don't make the proper angle to make a 7

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Xelkelvos posted:

Just lay the belt out to make a 7. Sadly the shift cars don't make the proper angle to make a 7

They kind of do when you flip them into the weird lever mode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So it's Ultraman's 50th anniversary next year.

Now the last few mile stones have been largely ignored in favor of giving UltraSeven all of the everything, but THIS time around, Ultraman is getting celebrated in style.

https://www.facebook.com/hvaipnpzy.ching/videos/1102262156469397/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who wants story details for Ghost?

Sounds awesome, tbh.

Edit: THE BIKE OH MY GOD

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 18, 2015

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

That bike. :allears:
Also relevant, Tokusatsu Network posted the toy listings.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.shoutfactorytvlive.com/

ALSO THIS IS A THING

24 hour Godzilla, UltraSeven, and Ultra Q marathon!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blaze Dragon posted:

They work because toys. Everything in this franchise, and Super Sentai as well, works because toys.

No but see I demand to know how the technological Sentai like Megaranger could give up their powers it doesn't make sense couldn't they just make more transformation devices? WAY TO HAVE A MASSIVE PLOT HOLE GOKAIGER.

That bike is gonna be so awesome in the two episodes it appears in.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh my god those ghosts. I am excited. :choco:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Sounds pretty awesome and that bike is amazing. Wow. I hope Ghost is goofy like Fourze or Drive and not the next Wizard.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 18, 2015

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only thing that disappoints me about this is that Lion Ha-Oh is too bulky to possibly sit on another mech and control it, so we will sadly not be able to go four levels deep.

Unfortunately yes. We already know the final mecha is a new 6 unit combination that has a rotating missle launcher for a chest and can also sit in Lion Ha-Oh in a slightly different combination.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SHIN Tokusatsu Thread: Please, Ghost, Be Good

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
At first I didn't like the title("Ghost" is just a little too uninteresting and lacks flair) but it looks like it might be pretty good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Killer Queen posted:

Sounds pretty awesome and that bike is amazing. Wow. I hope Ghost is goofy like Fourze or Drive and not the next Wizard.

It's not like being goofy or serious is the problem, it's how it is done. Kuuga was serious most of the time (and whatever comedy it had was quite calm, mostly coming from Godai's odd personality), and yet it is an amazing series. Ryuki was super serious and it was really good when it wasn't dragging on like hell (which, sadly, did happen a lot). Drive itself is quite a bit more serious than Fourze, even if it has its comedy like every series from Den-O onwards has had, and yet it is still super enjoyable.

It's the writing that saves or dooms a series, not its tone, is what I'm trying to say. A series can totally misunderstand serious (see: Faiz, full of constant melodrama that doesn't help at all), as much as it can have unfun comedy that doesn't manage to actually progress the plot or make interesting characters (I'm not a big fan of Den-O, though it isn't this level of bad...mostly)

Personally I'm hoping Ghost can stay somewhat serious, though not overwhelmingly so. Like Drive, have some deadly serious moments, but not go full Faiz. I won't complain about its tone if it is well-written though, and at the very least, the premise sounds interesting enough and I definitely dig the designs we've seen to this point. Plus I'm really looking forward to Shinnosuke being a sarcastic bastard about teaming up with someone literally called Ghost, like his constant "God" to Kouta :allears:. In short...

Waffleman_ posted:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I really can't think of anything better to say than this. I really really like what I hear so far.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Yup. Please be good. I hope Ghost is good.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thread's been around for two years and the list of poo poo in the OP hasn't been updated in at least one, time for a new thread?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://pluto.tv/watch/shout-factory-tv Marathon is beginning in just a moment!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

http://pluto.tv/watch/shout-factory-tv Marathon is beginning in just a moment!

No it's not, poo poo's broken.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No it's not, poo poo's broken.

Yeeeeep.

What the gently caress happened

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Yeeeeep.

What the gently caress happened

Who knows. Chat's down now too so no updates.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who knows. Chat's down now too so no updates.

I have to seriously wonder if Toho didn't make a fuss or something ultra last minute.

Toho are notoriously awful to work with.

Most companies, for instance, licence a brand and you have a bunch of stuff in that brand. Toho instead has a licence on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR KAIJU.

This is why NECA can only make Godzilla figures- Toho would only give them the rights to make Godzillas, and only what they deem are Godzillay enough to be Godzilla. Meaning variations, like Hanna Barbera or Marvel Godzilla, are out the window.

I hope that's not the case...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nah it seems like it's a tech issue because some people can in fact see it (and according to the host's twitter)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'm sorry guys, it seems to be working for me, but I have to go to bed, so I won't be able to appreciate it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'm sorry guys, it seems to be working for me, but I have to go to bed, so I won't be able to appreciate it.

Yeah it just went up. Gonna break my no tv while i sleep rule and fullscreen this in a minute when i hit the hay.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
SHIN Tokatsu Thread: Be Good, Kamen Rider Ghost

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

SHIN Tokatsu Thread: I ain't afraid of no Ghost

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

https://youtu.be/0tdyU_gW6WE

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

deadly_pudding posted:

My issue is that other systems are at least internally consistent and make sense within like the show's context.
Device A goes into Slot B and a relatively self-contained process either transforms the user's body or summons power armor.
Gaim goes to like a couple of extra lengths that make it seem like a really bad idea, even compared to other systems that are also always fueled by the same power that the hero is battling against. It has to open fresh new portals to the enemy's dimension of origin in order to operate. It can summon those enemies into our dimension and is super easy to gently caress up, thereby losing control of them. Yeah, Ryouma is a gold-star sociopath, but it's sort of astonishing to me that everybody else on that project signed off on it.

Yggdrasil's plan involved methodically killing 66 percent of all humans, or whatever that number was. They even had a weapon capable of destroying an entire city in moments. And that was just by using normal science. Seems like using energies from another dimension to make fruit armor is frankly one of their saner endeavors.

Takeru must travel the world to collect the Eyecons of 15 Great Men in 99 Days

Yet it'll still all occur in Japan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So it's Kamen Rider Yu Yu Hakusho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Potsticker posted:

SHIN Tokatsu Thread: I ain't afraid of no Ghost
SHIN Tokatsu Thread: I Want A New Rider

Some Numbers posted:

So it's Kamen Rider Yu Yu Hakusho?
It does resemble YYH's first arc, doesn't it? Ghost may just be the best Kamen Rider ever.

• Locked thread