Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had forgotten how infuriating it is to die to an enemy spawning inside you in geometry wars. :allears:

(It's good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

8 GB patch for the witcher and my pig quest is still broken. i will never solve the mystery of those pigs.

also, i didn't really notice much of a change in the movement. is it just tighter turning?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Attitude Indicator posted:

8 GB patch for the witcher and my pig quest is still broken. i will never solve the mystery of those pigs.

also, i didn't really notice much of a change in the movement. is it just tighter turning?

turn it on in the options i think

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

turn it on in the options i think

I posted in the witcher thread with videos but I'm not noticing much change either. If it is it is EXTREMELY subtle.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Meanwhile, I just started playing through King's Field 2 and 3 on my PS3 again. Why won't you release a King's Field Collection over here, From?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

I posted in the witcher thread with videos but I'm not noticing much change either. If it is it is EXTREMELY subtle.

I didn't notice the last change, either.

I'm not going to let it bother me anymore.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
105 Mbps internet and it's going to take another 36 hours to download GTA V. Wired connection. Restarted the download several times. Tested the connection to reset.

gently caress YOU, PSN.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Did you do a proper restart on the ps4?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Tide posted:

105 Mbps internet and it's going to take another 36 hours to download GTA V. Wired connection. Restarted the download several times. Tested the connection to reset.

gently caress YOU, PSN.

It saw suggested like running your console through your desktop with connection sharing. You apparently get slower speeds on the PS4 because the service provider for PSN slows the connection when it detects that it's a console.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm having more fun playing bloodborne for five hours than I've had with my five game wii-u library.

Why did I buy a Wii U?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

It doesn't seem subtle to me, but I haven't extensively tested it with it turned on/off. I'm sure someone will.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Why did I buy a Wii U?
Bayonetta 2? That's why I did...and then the WiiU started collecting dust when I was done with B2 and I sold it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm having more fun playing bloodborne for five hours than I've had with my five game wii-u library.

Why did I buy a Wii U?

Splatoon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of Wii U. It looks like ZombiU is getting a PS4 and Xbone port which is cool because I always wanted to try it. I hope it's a budget title though. I don't think I'd drop $60 on a launch WiiU game. Also it appears to just be called Zombi now for obvious reasons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Z4mbie
Zomb1e

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

NESguerilla posted:

Speaking of Wii U. It looks like ZombiU is getting a PS4 and Xbone port which is cool because I always wanted to try it. I hope it's a budget title though. I don't think I'd drop $60 on a launch WiiU game. Also it appears to just be called Zombi now for obvious reasons.

ZombiU was a surprising and fun game for the Wii U and I got it used for like 10$. I'd be curious to see how they adapt the game pad specific mechanics to controller only. I'd definitely give it a buy full price depending on how they address that!

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Tide posted:

gently caress YOU, PSN.

I downloaded it today in 4 and a half hours. Sooooo..........maybe psn doesn't like you I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alternately I just downloaded TW3s 7 gig patch wirelessly in about a 45 minutes and my internet isn't even that good.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Herr Direktor posted:

I downloaded it today in 4 and a half hours. Sooooo..........maybe psn doesn't like you I guess.

Quite possible.

SlayVus posted:

It saw suggested like running your console through your desktop with connection sharing. You apparently get slower speeds on the PS4 because the service provider for PSN slows the connection when it detects that it's a console.

I'll have to look into that.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Why did I buy a Wii U?

PS4/WiiU is the best combo this gen (assuming you don't have a gaming PC).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Captain Yossarian posted:

ZombiU was a surprising and fun game for the Wii U and I got it used for like 10$. I'd be curious to see how they adapt the game pad specific mechanics to controller only. I'd definitely give it a buy full price depending on how they address that!

The only thing they would really need to adapt is the backpack being on the gamepad and they can do that by just putting the backpack inventory on the screen and blur everything else around it and keep it running in real time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I finally decide to buy a ps4 only to be unable to get online do to the fact I can't verify my Email as i guess the SEN is down or something.

Hmmmm.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo the new controls in witcher are a huge loving improvement.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Does it do anything for the god awful boring combat? I just don't see myself going back to it because I constantly fall asleep while playing it. Everything about it is good except for the most important part in my opinion.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harton posted:

Does it do anything for the god awful boring combat? I just don't see myself going back to it because I constantly fall asleep while playing it. Everything about it is good except for the most important part in my opinion.

what difficulty are you on?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Harton posted:

Everything about it is good except for the most important part in my opinion.
But gwent's fine

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Finally got some time to try out Rocket League and that is fun. It does make my PS4 sound like a jet engine though. Is that normal?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Malt posted:

Finally got some time to try out Rocket League and that is fun. It does make my PS4 sound like a jet engine though. Is that normal?

dont idle in the menu - its a known issue

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, there is gonna be a new Rocket League patch to fix the fan issue and also to provide some graphical improvements. I thought the game looked absolutely beautiful and ran flawlessly, so I'm curious to see if I'll notice a difference whenever the patch goes live.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

NESguerilla posted:

If it's just called Zombi it would be hilarious if instead of ZombiU it was a re-release of the original Ubisoft Zombi game instead. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bua3ZBwqJPk

Man I love ZombiU so much, and like others said while it did make heavy use of the pad it was in ways you could definitely port over to a single screen/no touchpad easily. Its intensity really impresses me compared to other zombie games, it's like ALMOST RE2 when it was a new game caliber. It does have a fatal flaw though, you have exactly ONE melee weapon and it has ONE attack. But the game is designed in such a way that you want to be conservative with ammunition and such, so you'll be using it a lot. Other than that I love everything about the game. The expendability of your character is great too, each time you die your character becomes a zombie and you play as a random other person instead. Your previous "life" has all your gear in its backpack still so like in Demon's Souls you can get all your stuff back if you hunt your previous self down.

I wonder how the port will be handled, like if it will just be a cheap digital release or if they're going to otherwise improve it. It's actually a really nice looking game for a Wii U launch title, only flaw is the character models are very weak, but the actual scenery is cool. Partially because it has very nice fire and lighting effects at times. Red Steel, an original Wii launch title from Ubisoft was similar at its release, weirdly nice looking flames/etc. effects despite the generally not amazing graphics.

Do they have to call it something different in Italy to avoid trouble with the 80s film series there?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 18, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rocket League is fun and cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kooYT-DJhmg

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the environments from the videos I have watched. I like really dense design with lots of stuff to interact with. I could never really tell if it was like an open world thing or linear though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Haha jesus, I didn't notice any changes to the Witcher movement until I went to a vendor stand and tried backing up.

He does this ridiculous wide smooth arc run instead of simply stepping backwards.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

what difficulty are you on?

Started on hard and brought it down to normal. Still a lame click fest.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I haven't played ZombiU but it sounds alright, at least conceptually, so I hope the rerelease gives it a chance for a sequel. They managed to salvage the Red Steel gameplay into a good sequel that did MotionPlus swordplay better than Nintendo themselves, so building on a game that's already at least decent would turn out pretty well.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 18, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I have some pretty decent headphones (audio technica m50s) but the sound quality/volume when I use them connected to the ds4 is really low, maybe its because the ds4 connects thorough bluetooth, but would a headphone amplifier help? anyone here tried anything like that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just noticed the vanishing of Ethan carter got ported to ps4. Is that worth picking up? How long is it?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I have some pretty decent headphones (audio technica m50s) but the sound quality/volume when I use them connected to the ds4 is really low, maybe its because the ds4 connects thorough bluetooth, but would a headphone amplifier help? anyone here tried anything like that?

I use the Astro MixAmp Pro and it REALLY woke up my Sennheisers. I highly recommend it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harton posted:

Started on hard and brought it down to normal. Still a lame click fest.

lower difficulties reward spamming attacks.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Zaphod42 posted:

:3:

I haven't played Disney Infinity but its modeled on Skylanders so I'd expect much the same. Which is to say, its kinda like Diablo but its super dumbed down for kids, they're clearly designed for kids. So its very much like Lego games, yeah, you just kinda wander around from screen to screen pressing buttons until everybody blows up, and then you move on. They're hard to mess up, but they're still decently fun.

I'd actually recommend Skylanders to any parents, although I feel sorry for your wallets if the kids get really into it.

Infinity is not like Skylanders at all. The Toy Set missions can be different genres like beat-em-up, puzzle or even racing but they tend to be different shades of platforming and very short. But it's got a toybox mode where you can build stuff with interactive kind of programmable elements. There's no loot game to it and it's got no "story" like Skylanders has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

lower difficulties reward spamming attacks.

All difficulties do once you understand the combat system. Witcher 3 is great but the combat basically devolves into "how fast can you make signs/alchemy broken."

• Locked thread