Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lori
Oct 6, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Is it worth it to get the relic weapons?

It wasn't before, and it's definitely not now, since it's only i135 and only offers a "shortcut" to the new relic when it comes out. When the new relics show up, they might be nice, though; given the last step of the old one didn't make people want to kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

RC Cola posted:

They look cool as gently caress, so yes?

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn

Boten Anna posted:

Jesus christ A1 is a menagrie of dipshits

Just had two in a row where someone wouldn't shut the gently caress up or stop whining about my strength accessories, one a healer and the other a tank. :psyduck:

If you are a tank queuing for A1 in the DF you should be wearing VIT gear since pubbies have a hard enough time trying to clear it. Your +10 DPS from your STR gear isnt going to help at all. So yes you are pretty much the worst.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Ith posted:

If you are a tank queuing for A1 in the DF you should be wearing VIT gear since pubbies have a hard enough time trying to clear it. Your +10 DPS from your STR gear isnt going to help at all. So yes you are pretty much the worst.

:frogout:

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Ith posted:

There's like no healing in A1, both of my healers was getting away with only ~800HPS.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
Sure keep wearing your STR gear pretending that your DPS means anything. It is totally a good trade for 3-4k health.

Also make sure to blame the healer when you have 2 stacks of the missle debuff and die because DPS pubbies are poo poo in A1.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ith posted:

Source your quotes.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Ith posted:

Sure keep wearing your STR gear pretending that your DPS means anything. It is totally a good trade for 3-4k health.

Also make sure to blame the healer when you have 2 stacks of the missle debuff and die because DPS pubbies are poo poo in A1.

Someone please tell me the right way to gear tank, because I'm getting conflicting messages from goons on this.

Some tell me to gear up STR and others poo poo on me for doing so and tell me to stop being bad and build VIT.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

Ith posted:

I don't even use Grit in Floor 1 and everything works out fine :getin:

e:

General Morden posted:

Someone please tell me the right way to gear tank, because I'm getting conflicting messages from goons on this.

Some tell me to gear up STR and others poo poo on me for doing so and tell me to stop being bad and build VIT.

For easy content like EX primals and Alex NM use strength. For progression raiding use VIT.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

General Morden posted:

stack vit until progression content tank busters won't one shot you, then strength

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Tarranon posted:

stack vit until progression content tank busters won't one shot you, then strength

corollary: stack vit if it changes the # of hits you can tank and that's relevant (e.g. 2 hits -> 3 hits or 3 hits -> 4 hits)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

General Morden posted:

Just slap STR and kick any healers that throw on cleric stance. YOU'RE the one that is doing DPS, not them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lori posted:

I don't even use Grit in Floor 1 and everything works out fine :getin:

e:

For easy content like EX primals and Alex NM use strength. For progression raiding use VIT.

And if you're serious about progression raiding, you'll probably want crafted STR accessories melded with VIT.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Use strength gear, and use your newly swole muscles to punch any nerds who complain.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RC Cola posted:

At the very least it's easy enough to get them to the Zenith level and they look cool for later glammors.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How much deeps might the average tank gain by switching from all vit accessories/bonus stats to all str, anyway?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
My only regret in not pursuing the Relic Quest that far is that Baruva is such a cool looking axe...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

General Morden posted:

Use STR gear. The VIT guy is some shitposter with just those 2 posts in here (and a post in the last thread saying he prefers playing PLD over WAR so you know he's a moron.)

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

How much deeps might the average tank gain by switching from all vit accessories/bonus stats to all str, anyway?

I've done 800 on A1 as a pld with crafted but I've seen pld approach 900, I can't compare that to vit since I've only entered it with crafted. You won't hit this parse if you are getting jumps though. Whatever it is, it's a good chunk of party DPS.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Whizbang posted:

Use STR gear. The VIT guy is some shitposter with just those 2 posts in here (and a post in the last thread saying he prefers playing PLD over WAR so you know he's a moron.)

Well it wasn't just Ith. I've had some goons in-game tell me to go for VIT.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

General Morden posted:

VIT gear is mostly used when you're learning fights and don't know what kind of damage is coming or when to use your cooldowns. More HP than you need to survive any one blow from a fight mechanic serves as a time buffer for you to pop a cooldown, or your healers to figure out that you're dying.

As you and your healers learn the fights, wearing your regular tank gear on the left side with STR optimized accessories and STR stats is more optimal, since you can crank out more DPS for faster clears. The only time this isn't true is if you need to reach some HP threshold to survive tank buster mechanics, but you'll generally figure this out as you go along.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

General Morden posted:

Those goons are bad and should feel bad.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn

General Morden posted:

In content like A1 that has been out for a week and change you have a lot of players still learning the fight in the Duty Finder. Having VIT gear will help make the healers job easier as people learn the fight. If you have a super pro static group like Whizbang then gearing STR will help add dps to make the fight quicker.

That was my argument from the start but reading comprehension is incredibly low in here I guess. Hopefully I get bonus points for being called a poo poo poster by the literal King of poo poo Posting in this thread though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So, what's the name of that one pianoish song that plays during some cutscenes with the scions?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't put any vit on my pld in heavensward at all through level 59 and the library. I just don't need it. I have a feeling that full 180 left side with a ravana weapon/shield won't need it either except for Alex savage and even then I'm not sure.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You don't need Fending Accs for anything in the game right now but you're almost guaranteed to need them for Savage or else their encounter design team has done something really wrong this cycle.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

Ith posted:

In content like A1 that has been out for a week and change you have a lot of players still learning the fight in the Duty Finder. Having VIT gear will help make the healers job easier as people learn the fight.

There is nothing to learn. Floor 1 has literally one mechanic, and it is the DPS' job.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got around to doing Neverreap and it is a neat dungeon, but holy crap do the mobs take forever to kill. Just as well I suppose since the main challenge is dealing with environmental hazards along with wrangling enemies, but drat.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Fishious posted:

I've done 800 on A1 as a pld with crafted but I've seen pld approach 900, I can't compare that to vit since I've only entered it with crafted. You won't hit this parse if you are getting jumps though. Whatever it is, it's a good chunk of party DPS.

That's huge. I should really go and hit a targeting dummy for a few minutes.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

"learning a1" lmao

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Re: Minotaur

Man, someone on the dev team really loves Coincounter...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Coincounter owns

The last boss of Neverreap is a jackass

A1 took me like 1 run to figure out what was going on and people still kill adds away from the lasers

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 18, 2015

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Eej posted:

Alex lyrics.

This is likely an elaborate spoiler describing what's going on inside the robot. Something inside it is trying to break free. My guess is, this will happen in part 2 or 3 of alexander when we get rid of the illuminati threat, but, as is the FF way, we beat the boss but were too late to stop whatever was going on.

Please look forward to it!

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

At the very least it's easy enough to get them to the Zenith level and they look cool for later glammors.
I'd say looking cool is the only reason to have one at this point, if you can get someone to buy you a level 50 weapon from a vendor in Ishgard you'll get a weapon that's better than Zenith for practically no time investment.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Ith posted:

In content like A1 that has been out for a week and change you have a lot of players still learning the fight in the Duty Finder. Having VIT gear will help make the healers job easier as people learn the fight. If you have a super pro static group like Whizbang then gearing STR will help add dps to make the fight quicker.

That was my argument from the start but reading comprehension is incredibly low in here I guess. Hopefully I get bonus points for being called a poo poo poster by the literal King of poo poo Posting in this thread though.

What made you this way

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Christ, been checking for the last few hours if I am able to create a character on Excalibur.

The answer is no.

drat you, American Poop sockers. I want to build mah waifuh

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Thatim posted:

Christ, been checking for the last few hours if I am able to create a character on Excalibur.

The answer is no.

Easiest bet would be to hop on after servers come back up from maintenance. Next maintenance is on the 20th.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f1b03f9bdfff2dc010b4f54851ee600d809b659a

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Thatim posted:

The answer is no.

My friends been trying for 3 days now. I teamviewered onto his computer while I was at work to keep refreshing. I never saw it open.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Very serious question...

Is there a glamour top hat in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
There's the Courlregina fedora m'goon

e: joking aside I think the formal wear you can get in Ul'dah across from the aetheryte includes a top hat. I prefer the Maelstrom DoW Allied Seals hat for formal occasions like marriages.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 18, 2015

• Locked thread