Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wish I liked the octobrush instantly- gotta play with it more but it just feels like a worse inkbrush to me. The swings for whatever reason feel a lot slower and the ink spread is super unreliable.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think the swing rates are similar but the octobrush throws five globs of paint that are bigger and more damaging vs individual inkbrush globs. Maybe 50% more ink is layed down on the charge, but the run speed for the inkbrush is way better.

I can't say for sure for the time it takes a swing to complete Octobrush vs. Inkbrush. However, I can say the Octobrush has a much longer cooldown between swings vs. the Inkbrush. I can get 3-4 swings with the Inkbrush in the time it takes to get 2 with the Octobrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I have not been having good luck with teams tonight. Even my bad matches have had me at least skirting 700p, while everyone else on my team sits below me on the scoreboards. Even the ones with Splattershot Jr's.

I should not have reached Defender rank by losing ten consecutive matches, damnit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
team waterdogs, hold steadfast in your quest for not only salvation, but redemption from those who strike you as imbeciles. the day has come where we must continue to rise and fight a battle that has so clearly been handed to us on a silver platter. may our feast be deserving and delicious in the eyes of our doubters. may our barks be ones of highest yearning. may the blood of our enemies become one with the ink we so willingly dominate upon.

blessed are the dog days of victoria. blessed are the dog days.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Played a match where I carried ridiculously hard. As in, my team was consistently dipping into the danger zone and only pulling out because I was behind enemy lines spreading ink as fast as possible. Got up to 1200 points by the end of the match and felt like my team had managed to pull ahead for the win.

We lost by 0.1% :tizzy:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
shoutout to my main man Xanax
i dont even know if youre a goon but we've been in every match together since splatfest started and we're killin it. youre a man who really knows how to booyah

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Had my first ever softlock. Won a match and got stuck on the victory screen with the music playing and no way to leave. No disconnect message or anything.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Onean posted:

I can't say for sure for the time it takes a swing to complete Octobrush vs. Inkbrush. However, I can say the Octobrush has a much longer cooldown between swings vs. the Inkbrush. I can get 3-4 swings with the Inkbrush in the time it takes to get 2 with the Octobrush.

I think the octobrush is going to be way more useful on Moray Towers, but in general turf war I love sprinklers too much to give up the inkbrush. Chuck 'em on ceilings every chance you get, then splat people who're looking up at them trying to knock them off, it's just too good.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

noooo i got a connection error

im gonna miss you Xanax

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Internet Kraken posted:

Played a match where I carried ridiculously hard. As in, my team was consistently dipping into the danger zone and only pulling out because I was behind enemy lines spreading ink as fast as possible. Got up to 1200 points by the end of the match and felt like my team had managed to pull ahead for the win.

I had a match like this except for we won, but I was surprised because first look at the results screen my reaction was "Well that's a loss"

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
What's the IRC room again?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So I had a match where had enough time to ink the whole upper and lower enemy base on Bluefin Depot, took out the same the same charger twice, and even got 900p and 10 to 1 splats in the end. HOW THE HELL DID I STILL LOSE?WHAT WERE THE OTHER 3 TEAM MEMBERS DOING AT OUR BASE?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I hate Bluefin in TW, it's annoying to navigate.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

ever since being cruelly separated from Xanax not a single person has responded in kind to my start of the game booyah

this is heck

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AfroGunsou posted:

ever since being cruelly separated from Xanax not a single person has responded in kind to my start of the game booyah

this is heck

I had a wonderful run of games with a team where I was able to get a start-of-the-game booyah going. I am up to +8 against these water sliding scrubs.

EDIT:

Jarogue posted:

So I had a match where had enough time to ink the whole upper and lower enemy base on Bluefin Depot, took out the same the same charger twice, and even got 900p and 10 to 1 splats in the end. HOW THE HELL DID I STILL LOSE?WHAT WERE THE OTHER 3 TEAM MEMBERS DOING AT OUR BASE?

That's because you chose Team Water Slide

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel your pain. :smith:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's time to ride the roller coaster

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
Water slide team, here's our rallying cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAFLK95EgQ&t=92s

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

That's because you chose Team Water Slide

Yeah and that why the 10 match after that one and the 5 before we won by a land slide.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
water slide*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh whoa the next Japan splatfest is actually sponsored? Sweet I can hold out for like Big Macs vs. McRibs or something then.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm too tired to play, is anyone here streaming?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Do you hear that? That's the sound of 14 consecutive wins. Roller Coaster more like Roller Toaster.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Most water slides, one rides alone. Most rollercoasters are intended to be enjoyed by multiple people at the same time. Or at least that's the rationale I have behind multiple entire teams going after just me and letting me splat all of them at once.

Also wondering what some of my teammates are doing because I had a match where I went 8-2 at saltspray, got over 1k points and somehow we lost the match by a good 30%.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

squikids dont even like water slides, probably

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The thing is, the sponsored Splatfests have all been one company. You're going to get things like the McRib vs. McChicken, or Doritos Cool Ranch vs. Nacho Cheese.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Whelp... my Rollercoaster team was incredibly lovely and just went 1 for 4. I got my next rank up so I can get some seashells, since this is all I can play for this splatfest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
To properly simulate their favorite experience all Roller Coaster teams will have a 3 hour wait in line for 3 minutes of playtime.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

if u think abotu it, turf war is one big water slide

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

Whelp... my Rollercoaster team was incredibly lovely and just went 1 for 4. I got my next rank up so I can get some seashells, since this is all I can play for this splatfest.

Rollercoasters have their ups and downs, but it's all downhill for Waterslides :smuggo:.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

if u think abotu it, turf war is one big water slide

i thought about it and im not so sure, anime curator

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Rollercoasters have their ups and downs, but it's all downhill for Waterslides :smuggo:.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I often wondered what Inklings would look like without their black eyemarks.

I didn't like the answer.

AfroGunsou posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

spooky

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nah, it's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCCwv10k88

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, all of the guys on team waterslide have been level 20 and absolute murder with Krakens and I keep getting this level 2 guy who dies 8 times a match. I've gotten three kills in rapid succession and no one on my team following up. For gently caress's sake I play squiffer and I keep getting the second most turf painted while dudes with aerosprays get fourth how does that even loving happen.

I am sorry my roller coaster brothers, but I am cursed and have brought this down upon you. :negative:

Seriously though gently caress the guys in the warehouse who keep abusing the poo poo out of the Kraken special. I have never been so glad to be C ranked.

e: what I am saying is that I am glad there is no voice chat because I have called my team members things that are borderline illegal. Excellent catharsis but I would singlehandedly make everything toxic.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 18, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Come along and ride on a fantasic voyage
slide slide slippity-slide
We do what we do just to survive
Come along and ride on a fantasic voyage
slide slide who-ride
that's why I pack my N-ZAP '85

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

I often wondered what Inklings would look like without their black eyemarks.

I didn't like the answer.

this is illegal

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

AfroGunsou posted:

You know we sea creatures can't swim!

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

i achieved maximum roller coaster
now while im at work tomorrow i can be satisfied knowing im the best squidkid i can be and that i will have many snails

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

AfroGunsou posted:

noooo i got a connection error

im gonna miss you Xanax

If he shows up on your list of people you played with recently, friend him! I have a few team cat buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
A cat cannot be your "Buddy." Remember this.

• Locked thread