Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The show that airs seems boring this year (competitions that have been done before; predictable boots) and there's still so many uninteresting HGs still playing. What is this week's celebrity takeover? I guess I tuned out right after the vote and didn't see the end of the episode for the new celebrity twist.
Think I'm going to cut down to only watching Sunday nights and then look online to find out what happens in the vote for the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don't find it boring one bit. Another case of feeds ruining the entertainment value of the show

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SteveVizsla posted:

Shut up. Why are you even believing the two minute edit when you know the producers heavily manipulate tv viewers? And that they want Jeff to look good since he was on another one of their shows? Jeff is one of the most vile, misogynistic people to ever appear on this show and it's a testament to the girls and Austin that none of them have completely gone off on his rear end.
CBS needed a way for the Jeff boot top make sense and didn't want to show any of his many disgusting comments or actions. James has been doing a lot of the comments too, but he's clearly only been doing it because Jeff has.
This is the show-watching thread, you might consider not getting upset at someone for having a show-only perspective. The thing is I didn't defend Jeff at all. I just said Austin is a creep. From what I've heard, Liz was flirting with him, Jeff, James, Steve, etc..., oh and Jase. And yet Austin is acting weirdly possessive, not only prowling around the house ready to explode after catching her under the covers with Jeff, but also yelling at her for being in bed with even Steve for example. And he's saying m'lady type stuff like that he'd give up his game to fill the emptiness in his heart (the edit can't be responsible for those words coming out of his mouth, can it?), while putting on his dopey hat so that "Judas" can vote to evict people. And then there's this:

What the hell is going on with this guy? If you wanna convince me he's not an obsessed weirdo then explain some of that stuff instead of just talking about Jeff.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 18, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh I haven't seen or heard of anything that goes beyond just having a crush on her, it happens. Maybe in 2015 having a crush means you are an obsessed weirdo, but he hasn't been gripping knives and staring at Jeff or staring at her in her sleep or anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, there's a few elements of it.

First, yes, Austin is a weirdo dork. He says stuff like "I want to save the princess" and is possessive of Liz. Its not as bad as you're making it sound or a lot of feedsters are acting. A lot of people make Austin sound like he's an ogre holding a princess hostage and that Liz is terrified of him. That's all kind of over the top. Yes, he got mad when he found Jeff under the covers with Liz. No, he didn't get mad when Liz was flirting with Steve, but he did make jokes about Steve stealing his girl. Austin's a big loser, there's no argument there. But he isn't terrorizing Liz or the house the way Jeff and some feedsters claim. He's just a homeschooled dork who studied Medieval Romanticism and is a loser with girls, despite being a freak of nature physically.

The other important factor is that this isn't a Caleb/Amber situation where Amber gave Caleb no reason to be so interested. Liz has not only flirted with Austin but she has agreed to dates, cuddled with him, rejected none of his advances, and told Vanessa that she's "falling in love with his personality" and "more and more interested every day." Yes, Liz flirts with Jeff and Steve too (not James, she hates James) but she also tells people that's just flirting and she's not interested at all. She's said the opposite about Austin and continually goes with Austin's advances.

The popular theory is that Liz was just trying to manipulate Austin by flirting with him and that she lost control of it because Austin really fell for her. That's entirely possible. But Vanessa repeatedly asked Liz if she was interested or not and offered to help her defuse it and she told Vanessa she WAS interested. So either Liz is interested in Austin or she's playing games with everyone and this is the corner she's trapped herself in.

As for Austin's girlfriend he's said that the relationship is falling apart and they almost broke up before he entered the house. He had a long talk with Vanessa about how it wasn't working and they just weren't breaking up with each other because they didn't want to hurt each other. He talked to Liz about it before he started really pursuing her. He's claimed they both agreed to be open going in. Take that how you will but he's been pretty consistent with his story in the house.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 18, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Austin is like a 0.5 out of 10 on the creep meter and to me that's pretty average of anybody. Nobody's perfect at romance outside of the movies. If he does something Caleb level on the feeds you would see it mentioned here, but he's a pretty chill guy overall.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't think that this season is boring at all. Usually it takes like 6 weeks for me to get into any big brother but this season is different. Although nothing big has happened yet they seem to be laying cement for a lot of big crazy blow ups later in the season which has me interested.

The only problem I had is there is no houseguest that I even really want to win particularly. I have a few that seem pretty ok but theres no one i'm really "rooting" for which has always been the fun of big brother, finding a person or people to "root" for.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Austin is like a 0.5 out of 10 on the creep meter and to me that's pretty average of anybody. Nobody's perfect at romance outside of the movies. If he does something Caleb level on the feeds you would see it mentioned here, but he's a pretty chill guy overall.
Yeah, he's mostly just a sappy guy you might laugh at. Its just that hulking frame that makes it seem more threatening than like Steve having a crush on Liz. Steve and Austin have a lot in common socially and Austin even admits that. Honestly, its why he amuses me so much. He's such an oxymoron.

The "creepy" things Austin has done are:

1) Get WAY into Liz very quickly. Which is a little odd but not really any different from Clay and Shelli planning their wedding. Austin's problem is that Liz isn't reciprocating that level of emotion, at least not outwardly. But people fall for each other at different speeds all the time. Its just not usually on TV, and there's usually not the question of whether the other person is manipulating them to play a game.

2) When he got pissed when he found Jeff under the covers with her. Which was a little creepy but also had a lot to do with his hatred of Jeff, what a creepy perv Jeff is, and how Liz had repeatedly said that Jeff creeped her out and was trying to "force" her to cuddle. Again, its possible Liz is playing Austin but if she is its working really, really well. And its worth noting that while Austin got really angry and jealous he did do the right thing about it. He took a walk, removed himself from the situation, and cooled off. Jeff was the one intentionally antagonizing him to try and get a rise. Jeff has admitted that outside the house and Austin speculated that he was trying to get Austin to punch him as a last ditch attempt to stay.

If Austin looked like Steve or Ian we'd feel bad for the guy for possibly being used and emotionally manipulated by Liz and bullied by Jeff. But since he looks how he looks everything he does appears threatening and Liz looks like the victim, even though she may in fact be the "bad guy" here (I don't know, because I genuinely have no idea if she's interested in him or not).

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
On the topic of floaters, I think the first time I remember that term coming up was in the All Star season. Will made a brilliant move of convincing the Season 6 alliance that the floaters should be picked off before the really threatening people go after each other. It effectively took the target right off his back, and gave him and Mike a pretend alliance that they actually had no commitment to.

I loved that season...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jeff called Austin creepy then like 10 seconds later admitted on live national TV that he basically studied a woman's body in detail for a week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I saw some preview of an interview Jeff did where he explained away the "Jizzgate" video as him "just being someone who touches himself a lot". It was like a Tobias Funke level of lack of self awareness.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Audrey is so terrible at this game. At this point I'm willing to admit the cringe-worthy fact that the only reason Audrey has lasted this long is because she's transgender. Ugh.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Why did they show them singing on tv

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mahoning posted:

Audrey is so terrible at this game. At this point I'm willing to admit the cringe-worthy fact that the only reason Audrey has lasted this long is because she's transgender. Ugh.

Nah, its because Sixth Sense thinks they can weaponize her. Think of it the way BB15 handled Elissa and the MVP. Amanda realized that she was a huge target and the guaranteed MVP each week, so they could either evict her and then its completely up in the air who is the next target or who gets MVP... or they could take her in and control her so she'd always be a target and they'd always have a say in the MVP nomination.

But Elissa was a reasonably enough person while Audrey's nuts so they're trying to leash a rabid wolf and keep it as a pet puppy.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Audrey is the goatiest goat to ever goat. Keeping her makes sense. Never trust anything she ever says (and the other side of the house won't be trusting her either) and just keep her as long as possible (to the end preferably). Keeping her just means keeping someone who will never ever under any circumstances win the game (and quite possibly, not win any HoH, BotB, or Veto's).

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
That Austin-telling-Jackie thing seemed a bit overblown to me, but still a dumb unforced error by him.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Honestly, I think the person that played the worst in this episode is Jackie. She has no one and when Austin tries to pull her in she blew up over the possibility of being a pawn. Rather than follow his advice and talk to Liz before hand, she ran to Shelli and got nothing for her effort. Then she has the temerity to talk to Liz after the nomination and make demands. Jeff might've been the better player of the two of them.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

Why did they show them singing on tv
Yeah, that was just random.
Or they are trying to storyline an angle that Shelli feels she's a Disney princess?

She is quite up her own rear end, especially in positions of power.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

I don't find it boring one bit. Another case of feeds ruining the entertainment value of the show

Was Sunday's show entertaining and exciting? As far as I could see there wasn't much in the way of unexpected plays or Big Moves. John went along with what he was told again, and lost another BOB again.

And it seems weird that after TAR's Phil,Kathy Griffin and Gronk, Big Brother has run out of celebrities for the Takeover that was billed as "each week, a surprise guest will visit the house to reveal a different twist".

LostRook posted:

Honestly, I think the person that played the worst in this episode is Jackie. She has no one and when Austin tries to pull her in she blew up over the possibility of being a pawn. Rather than follow his advice and talk to Liz before hand, she ran to Shelli and got nothing for her effort. Then she has the temerity to talk to Liz after the nomination and make demands. Jeff might've been the better player of the two of them.
There were so many potential great couples that could have come from The Amazing Race. It would be interesting to find out why this pair of duds was selected.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

Was Sunday's show entertaining and exciting? As far as I could see there wasn't much in the way of unexpected plays or Big Moves. John went along with what he was told again, and lost another BOB again.

And it seems weird that after TAR's Phil,Kathy Griffin and Gronk, Big Brother has run out of celebrities for the Takeover that was billed as "each week, a surprise guest will visit the house to reveal a different twist".

There were so many potential great couples that could have come from The Amazing Race. It would be interesting to find out why this pair of duds was selected.

Jeff kinda looks like a Baldwin brother?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

It was about as entertaining as most episodes of this show ever are. I watch the show for an hour, post about it on here briefly, and move on with my life. Does the job just fine for me.

edit: this seems snarkier than I meant it to

blue squares fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 20, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I liked the random shots of Steve this week. He can't close an ironing board! He talks to the cameras about not throwing the comp!

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

blue squares posted:

It was about as entertaining as most episodes of this show ever are. I watch the show for an hour, post about it on here briefly, and move on with my life. Does the job just fine for me.

It's cool if you don't watch the feeds but I swear you've made this exact post like a dozen times before.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
I think it would be cool if the editors never showed steve interacting with another houseguest again. Just him fumbling around the house by himself like a very awkward ghost.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah, I have. That's probably getting annoying for everybody

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Binary Logic posted:

No joke. I would like to have seen the token non-white couple. They were shrewd in the race and a lot more comfortable with having no romantic attachments to each other.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

Based on reading the feeds thread the next episode should start with "Get Ready For A Takeover!!!!" and then show what Audrey's been up to.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Audrey is worst player who ever actually tried to be a good player. Hilarious and ENTERTAINING

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress this thread

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Live feeds are CRAZY this year. No one has time for that show thing!

I watch Wednesday's show in the feed blackout before Thursday's show.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
This episode has been really good so far, but it looks like the veto ceremony is going to be uneventful :(

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Where does Audrey rank among the most wackadoodle house guests ever?

She's loving nutty as poo poo. I actually think she believes her lies.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Live feeds are CRAZY this year. No one has time for that show thing!

I watch Wednesday's show in the feed blackout before Thursday's show.

oh yeah I forgot that you all would already be way ahead of all this junk. If you're doing feeds I can't blame you for not wanting to spend an hour watching weirdly-edited footage

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

blue squares posted:

oh yeah I forgot that you all would already be way ahead of all this junk. If you're doing feeds I can't blame you for not wanting to spend an hour watching weirdly-edited footage

It's fun to see how the story gets cobbled together, though!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I have the feeds and knew what was gonna happen and I still watch and enjoy the episodes live. The beauty of the edit is that they can juxtapose houseguests lies with the truth, which they did tonight when Audrey was lying about what she said to Clay.

I don't particularly like Shelli (or Clay), but I wish I could tell her not to worry about how she'll be perceived for nominating Audrey because America thinks she's just as crazy as they all do.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sorry for being so judgmental about people's viewing habits in this thread and seasons past, too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I still watch the show for the comps and DRs and stuff that add genuinely new information to the story. There's still a lot of mysteries the feeds don't tell you like who threw comps, who is playing who, why Liz voted for Jeff, etc.

Its just that these feeds are really crazy this year. Like, just when the episode was starting tonight poo poo started happening on the feeds. Its been nonstop like that all season so the shows end up being things I get to eventually after the live stuff calms down.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Just some background for the end of this episode. Shortly before the veto ceremony Monday morning, Audrey went into the DR... and never came out. Well she did come out eventually, about 5 hours later. During that time the HGs were guessing she dropped out or quit. They were then surprised when she finally came out and went straight to the Have Not room. They then finally did the ceremony with her absent.

Related to this, she was one of the HGs picked as a Have Not earlier. Which they skipped over, but it may be addressed tomorrow.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

blue squares posted:

sorry for being so judgmental about people's viewing habits in this thread and seasons past, too

Aww, no worries! I've felt the same way in previous seasons :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Britt Burns posted:

Aww, no worries! I've felt the same way in previous seasons :3:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the feeds because I was so tired of being lost and alone in here. I felt the exact same way before my addiction began.

• Locked thread