Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Feindfeuer posted:

I do PVP only for the rewards, and you get them with minimal participation. I'd probably would enjoy some 1on1, but the 10on10 with pubbies is a wee it to random and the free for all is all about trying to not get into a fight until someone is almost dead, than charge in and hammer 'e', which can be hilarious if it gets someone to rage in the chat, but gameplay wise is rather boring.

Do you have to actually win those for like, the x2/x3 bonuses and poo poo? I won one FFA without realizing I was queueing into it and just avoided it because I'm lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Don't get discouraged by early Cryo, every class is poo poo boring low DPS tutorial mode til 2-3k prestige. Going Paladin locks you into poo poo boring low DPS mode for the entire time you play the class. In exchange you get to be a tank, which means you'll get instant queues, but you should already get instant queues for everything but 5-man stuff.

And here's the fun part: see that difficulty rating? It's only accurate for 5-man stuff, and it only applies to your tank. Every fresh-faced 3k prestige piece of poo poo queues for "Impossible" MSM 2-star with the confidence that "Impossible" only means "remember to press buttons." 95% of those groups fail at the first gate pull because the Paladin dies the instant Skyforge Divine Shield goes down. In contrast, Mystery Pubbie Theater 3k will steamroll the place if you hand them a 4k prestige tank (surprise, MSM 2* appears as "Normal" difficulty to the tank then).

So you, being a responsible fedora-tipping m'lady 3k tank, queue up for MSM 1*, the "Normal" difficulty. And you have a 20 minute queue because the only people that queue for that are other desperate 3k tanks.

gently caress Paladin. If only the symbol wasn't so game-breakingly good.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tsurupettan posted:

Do you have to actually win those for like, the x2/x3 bonuses and poo poo? I won one FFA without realizing I was queueing into it and just avoided it because I'm lazy.

"Victory" for pvp x2/3 bonuses is simply staying around for the entire match. Actually winning just gets a better goodie bag.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Do the founders rings become obsolete really fast? I deconstructed the blue ones soon after I got to about 1k prestige. Did I guck up? The founder weapons are awesome and so are the secondaries (chain for berserker, etc.). I think I will be keeping those forever. I'm tempted to get the knight pack that's now available if the founder weapons are similar to the others.

Game owns.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Rings become replaceable really quickly. The weapons you'll hold on to for a long time depending on what class you are.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I finally unlocked an adaptation chapel after getting lucky with my okki/founder's ring missions today but does anyone know if it needs 5 stacks to start the bonus or does that bonus apply for each stack?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone want to hang out ingame? My character's name is Dracula Spergbank

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Has anyone had the game start crashing on them? I've had this happen twice this morning, with no rhyme or reason to it.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Login yesterday..

"Oh hey Pantheon chat is working finally!"

Login today..

"...aaaand it's gone."

Edit:

Are the queue times on group dungeons indicative of lower population, or that I'm too high prestige compared to most people? :( I am at 7.1k right now and going on 20 mins so far waiting for a Hespilon Temple group.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 18, 2015

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
When I had general chat up a lot of people were forming groups around that range before they went in.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I'm a god, why can't I swim :argh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Finally hit the fabled 2100 Prestige mark, and MAN this minigame with the followers and such seems pretty in-depth. Also pretty grindy, but I've come to expect that of this game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm at like 750 prestige and I need 1020 for the next mission. Do you just grind the old missions for the sparks?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Obscurity posted:

Login yesterday..

"Oh hey Pantheon chat is working finally!"

Login today..

"...aaaand it's gone."

Edit:

Are the queue times on group dungeons indicative of lower population, or that I'm too high prestige compared to most people? :( I am at 7.1k right now and going on 20 mins so far waiting for a Hespilon Temple group.

Chat is working but it's pretty much just me drunk posting. Also yeah people don't really do the 5 mans because they're hard to do and you have to actually try and be coordinated to finish them. I would do them with goons but grouping is sort of weird in this game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Obscurity posted:

Everyone plays a DD class so if you're not a support or tank, queue times will take a while. If you are, then that's unusually long considering your prestige, which isn't that high. It is, however, higher than what is normally achievable to most people who started playing this week.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

Everyone plays a DD class so if you're not a support or tank, queue times will take a while. If you are, then that's unusually long considering your prestige, which isn't that high. It is, however, higher than what is normally achievable to most people who started playing this week.

Ugh figures. I am not interested in Paladin, don't have Knight unlocked, and don't like playing a support that can't heal. Welp..time to netflix!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

What are you guys doing with your sparks once you get the class(es) you're aiming for? I'm almost at Slayer (which is my first goal), and while I liked archer too, it feels a bit silly to do both off the bat.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Tsurupettan posted:

What are you guys doing with your sparks once you get the class(es) you're aiming for? I'm almost at Slayer (which is my first goal), and while I liked archer too, it feels a bit silly to do both off the bat.

I filled out all the starting class atlases (the colored spark half) before I touched the global atlas.

Now I am traveling along the global atlas toward Kinetic, but I am filling in each cluster as I get to it instead of just pathing through it.

Probably not the most efficient way to unlock classes, but at least my stat backbone should be solid. :downs:

e: I feel like the most important thing is to never play a class who isn't on the back-end of their atlas yet unless you have to; class sparks are on a different limit than colored ones so there's no reason to not be getting both all the time. And if you're playing a maxed-out class (and are premium) you basically get double sparks with the Evolution drops.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 18, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You really don't get much from doing that. Sure, more stats, but also higher prestige. To get ahead of the curve you have to take symbols and optimize your stats towards them. Of course, as none of us are currently high enough to do distortions, we're somewhat limited on that front.

Tsurupettan posted:

I did both off the bat. My Archer doesn't have many skills but that will be fixed next week. And after that I'm going to work towards symbols while I max out both classes and eventually go for either Berserker or Warlock.

However, the optimal way is to max out one class at a time, while working towards others and taking symbols you want on the way. I could have gotten Archer next week and it wouldn't have made much of a difference; I only did it this week so I could have a higher chance of finding a bow before I actually started playing the class.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Once I get kinetic I'm going to spend 1600 or so sparks to get the main Knight talents for tanking that I don't have (bottom path) and then max out kinetic over the course of next week and the week after because Knight symbol is the same as the useless cryomancer one :shobon: Then I'll max out lightbinder. After that who knows, I feel like those are the 3 classes I enjoy most so far.

After that I'm working towards the two talents on the upper atlas: the 5% ranged/melee def one near kinetic, and the take 5% less damage/deal 5% less damage one near berserker.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Considering the pink node if you go directly east, that's quite a detour for Protector's Creed.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Liberatore posted:

Considering the pink node if you go directly east, that's quite a detour for Protector's Creed.

I've already got archer or I can go from Berserker. It's going to be 350-650 nodes no matter what I do by then so I might as well get the talents I want :)

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Ah, I figured you were skipping Archer/Slayer, as Protector's Creed is pretty close to that Tactical Defense if you could take the pink node on the way.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Actually maybe I don't need tactical defense at all because looking at the stats on the side ranged/melee defense only reduce pvp damage from other immortals.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Ah, that's good to know. And honestly, I dislike the Creed talents because Symbols are not per-class, so it means resetting them when switching between tank/support and DD.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

The next likely candidate for knight tanking talents seems to be the impulse barrier ones because they gain a lot out of stacking impulse charges already (willpower when their main defense stance prevents willpower regeneration, stuns, something else probably)

I might have to start investing in discharge recovery once an easier way of acquiring chapel construction items becomes available since that'll benefit kinetic as well.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I am still very lost in the atlas at 7.3k prestige. I am just unlocking the classes I want, and getting greatness/symbol nodes along the way that sound useful.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Obscurity posted:

I am still very lost in the atlas at 7.3k prestige. I am just unlocking the classes I want, and getting greatness/symbol nodes along the way that sound useful.

I think this is the most enjoyable approach to be honest. Just focus on getting the classes and anything which really changes how you place your classes of choice first. It will make the rest of the progression in the game more fun.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Do Amulets unlock at a certain prestige or after a certain mission? All my amulet and trophy slots are still locked. I completed Port Naori a long rear end time ago.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

There was a mission that unlocked them at around 3k prestige iirc, i know you start getting ether crystal drops on the mobs on the east coast of naori island open world so around there as well.

Trophies are like 10k prestige or that's where I noticed them starting to drop.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Both amulets and trophies are unlocked through story quests. Amulets at around 3k prestige, trophies at 8k. Once they're unlocked, the ether crystals and trophies drop just about anywhere.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 18, 2015

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Took a dive in the memory in Skyforge and found an unreleased class named Pirate. It looks like a stance based class which uses a Sword and a Pistol. :yarr:
Also has an ability named Sky Captain! :black101:

e:
Pirate energy resource is named Balence

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 18, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jesus, the little training room preps do gently caress all to indicate what the class feels like in any significant capacity. The 'Play this class for X2!' bonus missions do a great job at it. I am very much looking forward to Slayer now.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lemon King posted:

Took a dive in the memory in Skyforge and found an unreleased class named Pirate. It looks like a stance based class which uses a Sword and a Pistol. :yarr:
Also has an ability named Sky Captain! :black101:

e:
Pirate energy resource is named Balence

If this gets released, i'm so bumrushing it. There's already a tricorn hat.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I joined a 3v3 pvp match as a Paladin today and holy poo poo was I useless. I got focused by the slayer, necro, and kinetic every single time and the cryo and berserker started poo poo talking me because I didn't run headlong to my death at the start of every match.

I'm only like 4k prestige but is there a certain setup or tactic I should be doing? I read all about how paladins are broken badasses in pvp, but I sure as poo poo haven't experienced any of that. It seems like my shields keep me from dying 2 seconds longer and my damage is a joke.

What am I doing wrong besides being a paladin in pvp? :(

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 18, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Paladins in PvP are pretty dangerous but there's not an easy solution to it. Also don't do team based poo poo unless you have to and if you have to don't give a poo poo about it, you get paid anyway.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got this quest to dash 50 times, but the number never goes up on it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

imgay posted:

do it in combat

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I joined a 3v3 pvp match as a Paladin today and holy poo poo was I useless. I got focused by the slayer, necro, and kinetic every single time and the cryo and berserker started poo poo talking me because I didn't run headlong to my death at the start of every match.

I'm only like 4k prestige but is there a certain setup or tactic I should be doing? I read all about how paladins are broken badasses in pvp, but I sure as poo poo haven't experienced any of that. It seems like my shields keep me from dying 2 seconds longer and my damage is a joke.

What am I doing wrong besides being a paladin in pvp? :(

There's nothing wrong with being a paladin in pvp. You have a surprising amount of ability to disrupt, so you really should just be charging in with shields up and pushing around the squishier people. If you go balls deep on a cryomancer and they panic and either run away and leave the fight to be a 3v2 or start throwing their CC on you you've basically already won. You are ridiculously tough if you use your abilities correctly, so be fearless and it'll click eventually.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

imgay posted:

Gotta do it in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

imgay posted:

Think it has to be in combat? I cheated and went to the training room started a class demo and dashed while the stationary mobs waited for me to do the class stuff.

• Locked thread