Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Even after this patch I still can't get Roche to talk to me. this sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GOG Galaxy won't download the patch for me :( it's been fiddly with DLC as well.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The patch seemed to break the console command mod. :(

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Is there a manual link for the patch somewhere? I can't get gog galaxy to stay connected, every time it starts downloading the patch it disconnects from gog.com.

Kinda frustrating.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I was apparently carrying 45 weight of alchemy and crafting mats. Thank you so much CDPR for doing this patch.

Also I didn't see it in the patch notes but lots of little things were patched up to. The cave of dreams quest no longer appears as failed now. Also I had somehow gotten a repeat of the jade figurine quest that went away after patch.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Oh wait nevermind, you can manually download the patch from the actual gog website.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
My biggest problem with the game was trying to attack something, only to have Geralt do these stupid gymnastics moves and completely miss everything, or hitting attack and having him wait a few years for the animation system to put him in the correct position to allow the attack. With the alternative movement system, hitting attack actually makes him attack rather than perform his latest circus act. If you hit somebody they actually react now instead of continuing on with their swing, same goes for you so you can't just spam attacks.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so i guess you still cant finish quests where you loot the treasure chest before you get the quest. cool

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So I just installed the patch (PS4) and started up the game. I see the new sorting, and I see that if I select a crafting or quest item it is listed as weighing zero, but it also still shows 160/160 lbs at the top of the screen. What do I have to do to get this to update?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I have to make a new set of swords because the superior griffin ones I was using before the patch suddenly have a higher level than before the patch that's now one level higher than I am. Same thing with the crossbow I was using before the patch. What a crock of poo poo. Sure as gently caress wasn't in the update notes either.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I have to make a new set of swords because the superior griffin ones I was using before the patch suddenly have a higher level than before the patch that's now one level higher than I am. Same thing with the crossbow I was using before the patch. What a crock of poo poo. Sure as gently caress wasn't in the update notes either.

I feel bad for anyone in the middle of a quest they can't leave and having this happen if they don't carry back-up swords and gear.

I quit playing for a week to wait for the patch, and the last thing I did was get the Superior Ursine schematics, and now I'm three levels short of being able to use any of it. I'm thinking about taking a half hour and using the Path of the Warrior XP glitch to get up to 30, just because I like to change appearance every so often, and I was looking forward to having a different look to the Enhanced Ursine gear.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
thats a big patch

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Big Bidness posted:

I feel bad for anyone in the middle of a quest they can't leave and having this happen if they don't carry back-up swords and gear.
I had to punch a guy to death for his steel sword then used superior grapeshot and dancing star to bomb my way to victory until I was free to leave and visit a blacksmith. It was a loving slog.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Big Bidness posted:

I quit playing for a week to wait for the patch, and the last thing I did was get the Superior Ursine schematics, and now I'm three levels short of being able to use any of it. I'm thinking about taking a half hour and using the Path of the Warrior XP glitch to get up to 30, just because I like to change appearance every so often, and I was looking forward to having a different look to the Enhanced Ursine gear.

Yeah I had finally just been able to equip my sweet-rear end chainmail mastercrafted Ursine set and now I feel I'm probably gonna beat the game before I can wear it. I can't imagine how many people this is going to screw over. I love CDPR but, man, this seems like an astonishingly boneheaded change.

e: well at least if you load a save where you were already wearing gear that's now overleveled for you, it stays on. So just don't unequip your poo poo.

FuriousGeorge fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 18, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's enableUberMovement in the gameplay.ini? Will I finally have Geralt able to magically transform in to an Aryan every time he's walking?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I just finished reason of state. Holy poo poo the quests in this game are so much fun.

I love Roche, he's so awesome.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Is it just me or did load times get a little better on the PS4? I definitely noticed the crazy pop-in for textures and NPCs is almost totally gone now

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Ok so it was apparently a different figurine or something. That quest showed back up, I was able to talk to Triss about it and it was some random soldier not the nobleman from the first one I had.

Game bugged out though. After the guy left the quest didn't mark itself complete. So there's no other objectives. I went back to the pasiflora and talked to her about it again thinking that would fix it.

Nope. We just went to that house and stood there.

Edit:
The nobleman statuette

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 18, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I missing something or should my sword start earning me of its impending damagedness after just a few guys. Feels like it's always running out of durability too fast.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Am I missing something or should my sword start earning me of its impending damagedness after just a few guys. Feels like it's always running out of durability too fast.

I don't know for sure, but I think that attacking into blocks takes more durability off your sword than just hitting guys. You should also check it's stats, because I remember my early gear getting "damaged" easily but it not actually mattering that much.

So for everyone else, when you loaded up your game after patching, was the carry weight automatically updated? I'm still overburdened even though I can look in my inventory and see that all the crafting stuff weighs zero. I guess I'm gonna go to a stash and try emptying my inventory into it and then picking stuff back up, but it's kind of disappointing.

The oils being stuck at the bottom now is also super annoying since that's the think that you need to access most frequently, but otherwise all new features are great.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Snak posted:

I don't know for sure, but I think that attacking into blocks takes more durability off your sword than just hitting guys. You should also check it's stats, because I remember my early gear getting "damaged" easily but it not actually mattering that much.

Yeah it may be that its not fully unusable yet. I guess I just don't understand why when my sword starts losing enough durability, I have to look at an overlay on the HUD of my player silhouette and 2 swords. (one red, getting redder as I use it.) It feels like THAT happens way too much/ too fast.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Yeah it may be that its not fully unusable yet. I guess I just don't understand why when my sword starts losing enough durability, I have to look at an overlay on the HUD of my player silhouette and 2 swords. (one red, getting redder as I use it.) It feels like THAT happens way too much/ too fast.

You can actually turn that that specific hud element off if you don't like it. Just remember to check your gear in your inventory screen periodically.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Snak posted:

You can actually turn that that specific hud element off if you don't like it. Just remember to check your gear in your inventory screen periodically.

Right on! That's half the battle at least! Thanks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
:c00lbutt:

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
I hope they never loving fix that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Looks like the werewolf is unkillable on skellig's most wanted as of patch 1.07.

Sure that'll get fixed eventually.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone else ever have the bug where you can't talk to Roche on the Get Junior quest? Couldn't find anything helpful with Google. I'm on PS4 with the latest patch installed.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Console version took a bit of a header in terms of performance in 1.07.

What's the good word on PC version? Did they make it worse too? Or is it good?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Mustang posted:

Anyone else ever have the bug where you can't talk to Roche on the Get Junior quest? Couldn't find anything helpful with Google. I'm on PS4 with the latest patch installed.

Have you tried reloading the save? I've had that happen in other instances and I just save the state and then reload and it usually works. The only time I can think of where it didn't is that awful contract where the mob just stands there in the scared pose and you have to glitch him out by throwing a bomb in the pub and mashing X

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is the console version's performance hit because the now optional post-processing is different? I don't understand why a patch would make performance worse... Does turning off blur and motion blur improve performance?

also, please, does anyone know what I'm talking about with regards to the carry weight thing?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

FINALLY, the game will let me get rid of this wyvern trophy that I've been stuck with. Unfortunately I already got rid of all my other trophies so I'm stuck with it anyway.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 19, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They nerfed/fixed fall damage, holy poo poo in all the patch notes I missed that I guess.

This is the best patch.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

JetsGuy posted:

Have you tried reloading the save? I've had that happen in other instances and I just save the state and then reload and it usually works. The only time I can think of where it didn't is that awful contract where the mob just stands there in the scared pose and you have to glitch him out by throwing a bomb in the pub and mashing X

I've tried reloading my save, restarting my PS4, etc and still doesn't work. Apparently there's supposed to be a cutscene when walking into the cave but it doesn't load for me, I just run in and Roche just stands there and can't interact with him.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

JetsGuy posted:

I just finished reason of state. Holy poo poo the quests in this game are so much fun.

I love Roche, he's so awesome.

I just finished it, too. Goddammit, Dijkstra, you pushed just one time too many. I didn't really want to kill him.

Related to this, what was the deal with Geralt telling Dijkstra that Emhyr wanted to abdicate to Ciri? I hadn't heard anything about that until that conversation. It makes sense, but was Geralt just making it up to convince Dijkstra to let Phillippa go?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Is anyone else playing on the PS4 experiencing horrendous issues with NPCs popping into existence right in front of you? Textures on people's faces and clothing not loading in for several seconds? This did not happen to me before the patch, or at least it wasn't as bad as it is now.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

FuriousGeorge posted:

e: well at least if you load a save where you were already wearing gear that's now overleveled for you, it stays on. So just don't unequip your poo poo.

My swords were auto-unequipped when my save loaded.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
The game popped up that I could check what dlc quest I have and where to start them - where abouts is that in the menus? :/

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

The game popped up that I could check what dlc quest I have and where to start them - where abouts is that in the menus? :/

I believe they are listed in the tutorials section

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So... books still have weight, and you CAN'T put them in your stash? What the gently caress is the point of this then. I'm carrying 49lbs of books, and I can't put them in my stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I think i might have a slight addiction