Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the worst part of this is going to be the gop candidates lining up to suck an old man's dick

Someone assembled a timeline of responses:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the worst part of this is going to be the gop candidates lining up to suck an old man's dick
Elder statesman of the party

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Dance puppets, dance.

I love everything about this election.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Hootington posted:

Cruz said he has never attacked any of his colleagues in the senate and will not make personal attacks these next 18 months.

Cruz doesn't need to attack. He's having Trump do it for him, which is part of the reason he had that meeting with Trump.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Cruz just said the Iran deal will make the Obama administration the leading finder of terrorism in the world.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Lexifantastik posted:

I think its fairly obvious that Trump is working for Walker or was told to work for Walker. Trump goes very hard right gets a following then drops out, those supports will naturally go to Walker. Notice how Walker won't mention Trump or say anything bad about him?

This secret agenda of Trump narrative needs to stop, Trump is just being Trump, he has done this same crazy poo poo for decades. The guy is a loving slimball carnival barker albeit a very successful one. This whole thing is that Republican politics has become so insane that a loving clown found an opening and he is just doing his thing.

There is no agenda besides Trump getting into the press.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Standing ovation count is 5. They are not booing but saying CRUUUUUZZZZZ.

I also came to the realization that Luntz is trying desperately to steer the candidates away from certain verbiage and is failing miserably.

Brian brown, president of national organization for marriage is super bigoted. Christian persecution will get bad but not Tunisian bad. This guy just needs to say "Kill the queers!" And get it over with.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 18, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GalacticAcid posted:

His official statement really puts things into perspective.

The best part of this is the complaint that McCain spends too much time on television. :allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Joementum posted:

Cruz doesn't need to attack. He's having Trump do it for him, which is part of the reason he had that meeting with Trump.
So why does Cruz fear McCain? He's not even running?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

frankenfreak posted:

Well, McCain hasn't been silent about his distaste for Cruz. McCain's also not the only person Trump will be attacking.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

McCain represents the establishment wing of the Senate that Cruz has been telling to gently caress off for the last five years

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Can you guys read the bottom paragraph?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Huckabee is against speed limits and city councils. Families are the first stage of government.

He is coming out against the "donor" class. Has he done this before?

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

quote:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

In addition to doing a lousy job in taking care of our Vets, John McCain let us down by losing to Barack Obama in his run for President!

quote:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Captured or not, all our soldiers are heroes!

lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mr Hootington posted:

Huckabee is against speed limits and city councils. Families are the first stage of government.

He is coming out against the "donor" class. Has he done this before?

He plays the populist from time to time as part of his faux-folky down-to-earth persona.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Huckabee: "We don't have a skin problem in America, we have a sin problem in America."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Huckabee was asked how to handle a St. Louis, New York, Or a Baltimore. He said look to charleston that is how people should respond.

We don't have a skin problem in America. We have a sin problem in America. - Mike Huckabee

Hahaha media shaming right now.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the red, white & blue sneakers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr Hootington posted:

Huckabee was asked how to handle a St. Louis, New York, Or a Baltimore. He said look to charleston that is how people should respond.

Wait, what?:stare:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Lastgirl posted:

[intro of Kenan and Kel plays]

Trump walks onto stage, followed by Caine dragging his feet.

Trump: Hello America! Thanks for watching! We have a great show tonight at the White House, some crazy hijinks will ensue. I have the plan to make America great again, if you're not a loser you'll stick around!

[Trump turns to Caine]

Trump: Now Herman, I'm gonna need the following things before my master plan unravels. I'm gonna need a styrofoam noodle, a can of hairspray, duct tape, the Joint Chief of Staff, and a sundae banana split.

[Trump slaps Herman Caine on the back and briskly exits stage left. Caine is dumbfounded at his laundry list and stutters]

Caine: D-donald wait! What do I need this for? Donald!? DONALD?!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY!!

[Caine chases after Trump and exits stage left. Cut to commercial.]

This is loving beautiful. :swoon:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

He probably meant the non-violent protesting and forgiveness on the part of victim's families, not the "shoot a bunch of black people, then have a klan rally once the traitor's flag comes down,"

Probably.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Shinjobi posted:

Obviously that is the worst thing you can possibly be heard saying if that is really what he said, but what he was thinking in his head was probably 'don't disrupt daily operations of the city, don't react to police, and have the unifying voice in the conversation be to forgive the killer'.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can never be sure with that guy, is the problem.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its still pretty poo poo to compare Charleston, where the guy was immediately caught and will be prosecuted, to killings where the perps will never be prosecuted

Israel

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Mr Hootington posted:

Cruz said he has never attacked any of his colleagues in the senate
Well there was that time when he mocked the President of the Senate hours after the death of his son.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

He went on to say being Christian like and forgiving.

Gary Bauer is a shithead.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
allah akabar, lol

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
alright lets let trump debate these ladies

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

i like to think they all got together to plan out the rapid succession of tweets.

fans of mccaine should call themselves the mccainiacs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Something happened. Perry is supposed to be on but they are skipping him and jindal for foster friess. They better show up. :toughguy:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beforehand posted:

Trump already gone nuclear on McCain, amidst crowd jeers: "John McCain is a war hero because he got captured, that's a fact - I prefer/like people who didn't get captured."

While that's not far from the truth, it leaves out that Daddy and Grandpa were important people (unlike John) which made his capture an even bigger deal. If John McCain was KIA he would've just been another name on the Vietnam Memorial. Likewise if he was just a random (terrible) pilot his capture and return wouldn't have gotten any more attention than other POWs and maybe he wouldn't have been captured because instead of being allowed to continue being an awful pilot he would've been tossed behind a desk or handed a rifle and sent out with infrantry.

Alkydere posted:

In other news, presidential hopeful Rick Perry ( :lol: ) has spent nearly $1 million to stay out of jail on corruption charges. Meanwhile, he's spent only $600,000 on trying to be the next President.

Full story is behind a paywall sadly, but the article's here for anyone who has a Statesmen account.
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/perry-spends-another-1-million-in-legal-fees-to-fi/nm2nL/

Doesn't he know he just needs to get the state SC to order the investigation terminated and all evidence destroyed like the totally-not-corrupt Wisconsin SC just did for Walker?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He probably meant the non-violent protesting and forgiveness on the part of victim's families, not the "shoot a bunch of black people, then have a klan rally once the traitor's flag comes down,"

Probably.

Only because the black people being shot were Christians.

Though once Roof finds Jesus I'm sure President Huckabee will be more than willing to grant a pardon.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GalacticAcid posted:

Weigel has been retweeting their responses and linking to them questioning John Kerry's service.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/622506393505955841
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/622499530756362240

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

While that's not far from the truth, it leaves out that Daddy and Grandpa were important people (unlike John) which made his capture an even bigger deal. If John McCain was KIA he would've just been another name on the Vietnam Memorial. Likewise if he was just a random (terrible) pilot his capture and return wouldn't have gotten any more attention than other POWs and maybe he wouldn't have been captured because instead of being allowed to continue being an awful pilot he would've been tossed behind a desk or handed a rifle and sent out with infrantry.

Credit where credit is due, McCain did refuse a North Vietnamese offer to exchange him (once they discovered who he was and his father's prominence) as it would put him ahead of other POWs who had been at the Hilton longer, and because he didn't want them making propaganda bank on his last name.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
For how can men die better...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Credit where credit is due, McCain did refuse a North Vietnamese offer to exchange him (once they discovered who he was and his father's prominence) as it would put him ahead of other POWs who had been at the Hilton longer, and because he didn't want them making propaganda bank on his last name.
McCain was a far better prisoner than he was a pilot, that's for sure.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn can anyone stop the Donald?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GalacticAcid posted:

For how can men die better...

:eyepop:

lmao he also just passively aggressively shat on Perry, oh please Donald keep it up. Reveal the GOPs heinous flaws :patriot:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Donald Trump is better at Twitter than the Iron Sheik could ever hope to be

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

spacemang_spliff posted:

Donald Trump is better at Twitter than the Iron Sheik could ever hope to be

Bold claims, but I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU