Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Someone Namtabify this in av-size.

Hello

In the International Namtab Av Tiling Format

Actual better full av size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

.jpg posted:

Hello

In the International Namtab Av Tiling Format

Actual better full av size

Hell yeah! :cheers:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I encourage you all to find your own ava gimmick

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's going to be my new go-to reaction image for this thread.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Namtab posted:

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

my av gimmick is having no control over what avatars people buy for me

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macdoo posted:

God tier:
Giita

Regular tier:
Elizabeth
Mut-tan

Pleb Tier:
Drum-chan

leave troll, you have no power in this realm~

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Wark Say posted:

I am okay with that opinion, and your friend is a fine-rear end person for formulating it on his/her own. :)

But now, in my search for greatness, I must inquire: Goons, what are your favorite :black101: moments in manga and anime?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

On the other hand, an avy of that style outing members as ADTRW posters would be kinda cool.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

On the other hand, an avy of that style outing members as ADTRW posters would be kinda cool.

would it, though?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shinjobi posted:

we don't need special avs for that

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Namtab posted:

I agree.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I am okay with that opinion, and your friend is a fine-rear end person for formulating it on his/her own. :)

But now, in my search for greatness, I must inquire: Goons, what are your favorite :black101: moments in manga and anime?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shinjobi posted:

Haha, hell yeah! :D And then somebody can also finally make the official ADTRW gang tag! :DDDDDDDD

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

pon alien posted:

Haha, hell yeah! :D And then somebody can also finally make the official ADTRW gang tag! :DDDDDDDD

:crossange:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

when Guts kills the big tigers

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Wark Say posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8rLh8arSo

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

littleorv posted:

Ping Pong is really loving good.

I don't really have time to post atm, so someone post a link to the soundtrack along with the agreed meme tia

Wark Say posted:

Please imagine I posted that entire chapter of Thorfinn getting the poo poo kicked out of him from Vinland Saga. That was baller as gently caress and hella payoff for the narrative.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ping Pong has such a good soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiOhl6gRtg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why does Katanagatari episode 7 look so much better than the others

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wark Say posted:

The last episode of Katanagatari Shichika's vengeance fueled rampage against the shogun when he no longer has to obey Togame's rules about protecting the swords, protecting her, or protecting himself.
It is also :smithicide: as hell at the same time.

Ending of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

a kitten posted:

That last fight is out-loving-standing; first: how the group takes out Animus' last, obscenely huge golem by combining all of their power, then the fight against him has to start with both Samidare and Yuuhi MIA and they win, without any direct help from Sami (but, essentially knocking on the goddamn sky to break Magus's concentration is insanely cool all by itself) and the Owl Knight's wish...I could basically go on from here, but I would more or less just be narrating the ending while going like this:supaburn:
also this

Chihyaya taking a card from Shinobu

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Also from Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

The last episode of Katanagatari Shichika's vengeance fueled rampage against the shogun when he no longer has to obey Togame's rules about protecting the swords, protecting her, or protecting himself.
It is also :smithicide: as hell at the same time.

Ending of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

also this

Chihyaya taking a card from Shinobu

These are really good answers, and I claim them as my own.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

why does Katanagatari episode 7 look so much better than the others

If that's the second sister episode, it's because there was a different animation director I think? Something like that.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

:agreed:

Thanks for covering for me buddy :hfive:

Shoujo 4 lyfe

I wanted to get back into this comic ever since Smoking Crow's pic dump. No idea why I stopped reading in the first place, but I'm guessing translator issues.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ping Pong makes me wish there was a good billiards anime. AKA the one thing I'm actually pretty good at.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I feel like i should have started watching Punchline sooner.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Not exactly :black101:, but this entire sequence from episode 23 of Shirobako is incredibly cathartic. I wouldn't watch that unless you've seen the series though, since it's one of the best parts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

I feel like i should have started watching Punchline sooner.

It was a good show and I still hope someone translates the game, but if that is the price of getting Zero Escape 3 I'll accept it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

If that's the second sister episode, it's because there was a different animation director I think? Something like that.

i saw that, it just seemed like a pretty drastic change to only do once. plus nothing else i've seen him do was at all different from a normal anime aesthetic.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

It was a good show and I still hope someone translates the game, but if that is the price of getting Zero Escape 3 I'll accept it.

If Zero Escape 3 does well we'll be more likely to get Punchline, not less.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I know a lot of people feel 20th Century Boys jumped the shark after the Era of Friend begins, but I honestly enjoyed it all the way up until the last two "21st Century" volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Terper posted:

I think Brotherhood has a strong emotional ending, but a pretty bad thematic one.
I won't comment on this without knowing more, but I highly suspect I disagree with you.

• Locked thread