Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

drat I look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I replayed richters levels the other day and then accidentally S-ranked the peniultimate one which felt really great. Then awful because I remembered the rest of the game.

Also where is the loving level editor?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
http://dennaton.blogspot.fi/2015/05/hotline-miami-2-level-editor.html

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah they're missing the boat, if this thread is any indication interest has kinda waned

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't even really think about Hotline Miami 2 anymore except for odd moments where I wonder if the level editor is out yet, why isn't it out yet, and when it's coming out.

I kind of feel like they should have just kept the game under wraps and not even announced a release date until they knew when the editor would be finished, and then release the game only when the editor's done.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

UIApplication posted:

Yeah they're missing the boat, if this thread is any indication interest has kinda waned

So what? Interest will jump back up when the editor is out.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

King Vidiot posted:

I kind of feel like they should have just kept the game under wraps and not even announced a release date until they knew when the editor would be finished, and then release the game only when the editor's done.

I think you're only saying that because the game was so completely underwhelming, and I'd bet that it was because of design decisions rather than lack of production. They're not going to say "we had some dumb ideas, so we're going to wait to release and mitigate those with a level editor."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

Sadly most characters are only able to fight one or two different factions, enabling them to fight all enemies would mean a ton of work for Dennis and the editor would likely take at least another four to six months to finish.

:psyduck:

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
The game was great, dunno what are you talking about.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

turboraton posted:

The game was great, dunno what are you talking about.

It was a sequel to a well loved game, of course goons are going to hate it. It's either too samey or too different

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
Regardless of our goonpinions on the difficulty of the videogame, it was pretty silly to stagger the release so heavily. Interest certainly won't peak nearly as much as it did on release, and people who do come back for the level editor probably won't stick around for long. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong and it gets some small-but-devoted fanbase that cranks out tons of levels for ages, but even then the tools are just limited enough that it doesn't seem to have that kind of lastability.

Hopefully there's some rad levels regardless tho.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Broseph Brostar posted:

It was a sequel to a well loved game, of course goons are going to hate it. It's either too samey or too different

Yes, I'm sure that's it, just goons being goons.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Eh. The gameplay is really dividing because of how gunplay focused it was, and the plot completely fell flat of what Dennaton teased, so I think it's fair to call it underwhelming.

I'm hoping someone on Reddit or something will step up to the bat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I just don't understand how that could take four to six months. There aren't any custom per-enemy-type animations or anything right?

The game's code must be held together by loving duct tape and bubblegum, because I can't imagine that taking so loving long.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Broseph Brostar posted:

Or the level designs aren't very good. :supaburn:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I found it to be a frustrating experience that I thoroughly enjoyed, I don't know what that means. :ohdear:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Anatharon posted:

Eh. The gameplay is really dividing because of how gunplay focused it was, and the plot completely fell flat of what Dennaton teased, so I think it's fair to call it underwhelming.

What do you mean it completely fell flat? Is it because the plot is straightforward and actually makes sense?

Brosnan posted:

Or the level designs aren't very good. :supaburn:

That's just like your opinion, man

There's only one HM map I don't enjoy, and its the extra they added several months after the original game released

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
At this point Bloodbath Kavkaz might put out its level editor before Hotline Miami 2 does.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

What do you mean it completely fell flat? Is it because the plot is straightforward and actually makes sense?

They talked about things that were supposed to happen in the plot but didn't.

Zaphod42 posted:

I just don't understand how that could take four to six months. There aren't any custom per-enemy-type animations or anything right?

The game's code must be held together by loving duct tape and bubblegum, because I can't imagine that taking so loving long.

It's game maker, so I understand that to be the case.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zaphod42 posted:

Rather than having one sprite set (player doing execution) over another (bad guy getting executed) apparently every unique pc/npc combo has a custom animation frame set for every kind of kill.

These guys are not programmers

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Geight posted:

I found it to be a frustrating experience that I thoroughly enjoyed, I don't know what that means. :ohdear:

That's pretty much my opinion. I really liked Hotline Miami 2 but I was grinding my teeth and pounding my fist the whole way. At no point did I think the game sucked or was disappointing though, it was exactly the game I thought it was going to be and it was really good while it lasted.

I've just kind of cooled on it now and I don't know that the editor is going to rekindle my interest.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Broseph Brostar posted:

That's just like your opinion, man

It is, and that's fine. Some other people also have this opinion, and some people don't. I don't think whining about goons means very much.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

UIApplication posted:

Rather than having one sprite set (player doing execution) over another (bad guy getting executed) apparently every unique pc/npc combo has a custom animation frame set for every kind of kill.

These guys are not programmers

Well, that at least makes sense. I know its in game maker but even the worst game maker spaghetti code shouldn't take you four loving months to just add that kind of modular functionality that already exists in the game.

But if they'd have to do custom art assets, that's a whole other ballgame. Thing is they shouldn't have to, but the way they made the game they do (barring remaking that part of it), so that at least explains things.

Seriously shows some stupid design on their part though.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, that at least makes sense. I know its in game maker but even the worst game maker spaghetti code shouldn't take you four loving months to just add that kind of modular functionality that already exists in the game.

But if they'd have to do custom art assets, that's a whole other ballgame. Thing is they shouldn't have to, but the way they made the game they do (barring remaking that part of it), so that at least explains things.

Seriously shows some stupid design on their part though.

Yeah it's prettymuch the ultimate "build what you need" scenario despite them knowing they promised a fuckin level editor down the road

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Geight posted:

It means it's a Hotline Miami game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ETCh0tFRc

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...
I installed the latest version, and I still seem to be getting some mouse acceleration. I did a search and all these issues on various forums/Steam seemed to be from roughly three months ago and then never mentioned again. I think the last person to bring it up in this thread was back on page 40.

I've disabled vsync in game (and since it is patched vsync does remain turned off), have enhanced pointer precision turned off in Windows and have tried full screen and borderless. And tried playing with the mouse sensitivity sliders in game. Right now I'm using one arrow click more sensitive than the default middle setting. Turning vsync off did help tremendously, but the mouse movements still feel slightly off compared to the first game which was very fluid. For instance it seems like I can flick 180 degrees instantly, but trying to do a slight few degree adjustment to aim at something will be slower than it should.

Any other suggestions to try out?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

J-Pak posted:

I installed the latest version, and I still seem to be getting some mouse acceleration. I did a search and all these issues on various forums/Steam seemed to be from roughly three months ago and then never mentioned again. I think the last person to bring it up in this thread was back on page 40.

I've disabled vsync in game (and since it is patched vsync does remain turned off), have enhanced pointer precision turned off in Windows and have tried full screen and borderless. And tried playing with the mouse sensitivity sliders in game. Right now I'm using one arrow click more sensitive than the default middle setting. Turning vsync off did help tremendously, but the mouse movements still feel slightly off compared to the first game which was very fluid. For instance it seems like I can flick 180 degrees instantly, but trying to do a slight few degree adjustment to aim at something will be slower than it should.

Any other suggestions to try out?

Vsync off and turning controller mode to digital fixed it for me.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sleeveless posted:

At this point Bloodbath Kavkaz might put out its level editor before Hotline Miami 2 does.

:owned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8waIWj3wQ

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Hey, Australian here... anyone wanna potentially gift me this game?

Basically I really want the deluxe edition that gives you the payday character as well... I can pay you in games and the warm feeling of overcoming bullshit government issue nonsense.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 18, 2015

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

Hey, Australian here... anyone wanna potentially gift me this game?

Basically I really want the deluxe edition that gives you the payday character as well... I can pay you in games and the warm feeling of overcoming bullshit government issue nonsense.

If you e-mail Overkill Software with a photo of your Australian identification they'll give you all the Payday stuff on the house.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hotlinemiami2/

Overkill posted:

Q: I live in Australia and Hotline Miami 2 is banned here. How can I enjoy this content for PAYDAY 2?
A: Those of you who are Australians are free to send an e-mail to info@overkillsoftware.com with the subject line “Australian Heister calling in”. In the e-mail, please attach a scanned copy of your passport or ID that identifies you as an Australian. You will then be sent a special code that unlocks the content to you for free.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Got something cool int he mail today

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Those are fuckin' tight

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
On a similar note, the Gamer's Edition special edition is supposed to ship next month.

The casette tape's track listing:

Side A - Hotline Miami

M|O|O|N - Hydrogen
Elliot Berlin - Musikk per automatikk
Scattle - Inner Animal
M|O|O|N - Paris
Jasper Byrne - Hotline
El Huervo - Daisuke
Perturbator - Miami Disco
Scattle - Knock Knock
M|O|O|N - Crystals
El Huervo - Turf
Jasper Byrne - Miami

Side B - Wrong Number

Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
Perturbator - Tech Noir
Jasper Byrne - Voyager
M|O|O|N - Quixotic
Perturbator - Sexualizer
M|O|O|N - Delay
Jasper Byrne - Decade Dance
Perturbator - Future Club
M|O|O|N - dust

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 18, 2015

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Those are fuckin' tight

One mo' pic then

My only complaints are that it doesn't come with a left hand that can hold (I had to swap hands with another figure for this pose) and that the heads come off WAY too easily, even if they are supposed to be swapped. Also the Rasmus mask I got is noticeably under scale and doesn't look right when put on the figure.

The packaging, accessories, and figure itself are flawless so I can't wait to see what the Biker will look like.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Anatharon posted:

On a similar note, the Gamer's Edition special edition is supposed to ship next month.

The casette tape's track listing:

Side A - Hotline Miami

M|O|O|N - Hydrogen
Elliot Berlin - Musikk per automatikk
Scattle - Inner Animal
M|O|O|N - Paris
Jasper Byrne - Hotline
El Huervo - Daisuke
Perturbator - Miami Disco
Scattle - Knock Knock
M|O|O|N - Crystals
El Huervo - Turf
Jasper Byrne - Miami

Side B - Wrong Number

Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
Perturbator - Tech Noir
Jasper Byrne - Voyager
M|O|O|N - Quixotic
Perturbator - Sexualizer
M|O|O|N - Delay
Jasper Byrne - Decade Dance
Perturbator - Future Club
M|O|O|N - dust

only thing i want from that collection is this fuckin cassette tape

they would sell like hot cakes

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ClonedPickle posted:

If you e-mail Overkill Software with a photo of your Australian identification they'll give you all the Payday stuff on the house.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/hotlinemiami2/

Oh, sweet! thanks.

Now I'll just pirate the game instead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

s0m3 guy posted:

only thing i want from that collection is this fuckin cassette tape

only thing I want is the goddamn editor

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
only thing I want is ... hell, I don't even know. I think I'm all hotline miami'd out after this one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i just want more of the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I don't even think about Hotline Miami anymore unless this thread gets bumped. But now I don't even get excited about the prospect of the editor, it's more like I'm getting tapped on the shoulder by Jacket. And he just stands there waiting for me to react because he's all creepy-looking and I just can't care.

Even when I boot up Payday 2 and I'm literally playing as Jacket I don't think of him as the Hotline Miami guy, now he's just Funny Tape Recorder Man.

• Locked thread