Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dr_Amazing posted:

I feel bad making fun of hover hand guys. They don't want to put their hands on a random stranger, and asking "is it ok if I touch you" sounds incredibly creepy.

It's kind of seen as respectful to not go around putting your hands on people you don't know; All the better in a place like a con where everyone's all packed in a sweaty germ farm.

Like, we laugh at the hoverhands phenomenon on these forums, but it's usually reserved for photos where the people clearly know each other or the photo is generally pretty awkward all around. I don't think hoverhanding strangers at a con is weird at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jamesman posted:

It's kind of seen as respectful to not go around putting your hands on people you don't know; All the better in a place like a con where everyone's all packed in a sweaty germ farm.

Like, we laugh at the hoverhands phenomenon on these forums, but it's usually reserved for photos where the people clearly know each other or the photo is generally pretty awkward all around. I don't think hoverhanding strangers at a con is weird at all.

If it's uncomfortable to put your arm around them there are other poses instead of the really weird hovering arm.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

If it's uncomfortable to put your arm around them there are other poses instead of the really weird hovering arm.

This is also true.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I think if I ever really want have a a picture with someone in a skimpy costume I think instead of grinding my armpit on them id just do the thumbs up with one hand and the other pointing at them or pantomime an appropriate action.

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jul 17, 2015

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Well played. :haw:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LingcodKilla posted:

I think if I ever really want have a a picture with someone in a skippy costume

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Ya got me. I am a shameful poster.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

EmmyOk posted:

It's not always a matter of comfort, but of costume fragility. A careless arm thrown around a waist or shoulder can have some really ugly consequences. You'd be surprised at how little thought is put into posing with a cosplayer. One of my costumes had huge spikes on one shoulder, and a number of people beaned themselves in the face going in for a waist-grab. Most of them ended up hover handing, but by the end of the day, those spikes were really loose. And yes, it is entirely possible to pose without the hover hand being visible - hovering behind the lower back, for instance. I am a fan of the hover hand, can you tell?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Reformed Tomboy posted:

It's not always a matter of comfort, but of costume fragility. A careless arm thrown around a waist or shoulder can have some really ugly consequences. You'd be surprised at how little thought is put into posing with a cosplayer. One of my costumes had huge spikes on one shoulder, and a number of people beaned themselves in the face going in for a waist-grab. Most of them ended up hover handing, but by the end of the day, those spikes were really loose. And yes, it is entirely possible to pose without the hover hand being visible - hovering behind the lower back, for instance. I am a fan of the hover hand, can you tell?

Well sure that is different but there is no reason to hoverhand. Either put an arm around or don't regardless of the reason. The hoverhand only ever makes someone laugh at you no one has ever been fooled by it. I guess hiding your hand makes it look like your arm is around a person but that seems more effort and awkward than just doing a thumbs up. Those people who do not take a costume into account however do sound terribly rude.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Someone once told me that the easiest way to tell if an attractive person in a photo is a professional model or just happens to be an attractive person is to look at their arms. No one knows what the he'll to do with their arms and hands.

Then again that person was probably lying to me.

:(

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

petition to rename this thread Larper's Bizarre

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

my bitter bi rival posted:

petition to rename this thread Larper's Bizarre

signed

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

LingcodKilla posted:

I think if I ever really want have a a picture with someone in a skippy costume

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

sexy <insert anything> costumes have also been available for years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rUiV_Hh74

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

Post pictures and a progress report so we can judge. :)

(moment of seriousness, keep up the good work McPantserton! Love the SC armor.)

Thanks man! I should have something new for y'all in just under 2 weeks.

Testing it out with makeup and hair! Turns out it's way more fun to make yourself look strung out and nasty, I normally really don't care for makeup but this grey skin/red eye deal is pretty fun.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

davidspackage posted:

Look at that sexy castle.

I'd sure like to sneak a Trojan into that fortification :wiggle:.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I'm the 40k wall scroll and I'm loving proud of it!

and I've loved this since the moment I saw it.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

I'm the 40k wall scroll and I'm loving proud of it!

and I've loved this since the moment I saw it.

I screen printed that banner by hand for our first 40k cosplay group, actually! :D

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

McPantserton posted:

I'm totally going to cosplay as the last bunch of replies in this thread

I was born for this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Samuel posted:

I was born for this.

:eyepop:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Her metal penis is off-center. 3/10

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Oh lol, I was so worried about angling the bikini properly I forgot that the tongue looks like a dick now. Thanks for your insight Donner. :magical:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

McPantserton posted:

Testing it out with makeup and hair! Turns out it's way more fun to make yourself look strung out and nasty, I normally really don't care for makeup but this grey skin/red eye deal is pretty fun.

Yeeeeesss. This is going to be awesome.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

McPantserton posted:

Elentari Cosplay did a super unique Howl's Moving Castle cosplay.... as the castle!

That's some of the best castle cosplay I've ever seen. :stare:

But then again the only other castle cosplay I've seen was Castle Grayskullman and it was kind've poo poo so the bar wasn't that high to start with :v:

Note: that's an actual MOTU character

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Juggallos and juggallets getting ready for a family festival?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Die for violent joe and live forever at the gathering

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

LingcodKilla posted:

Juggallos and juggallets getting ready for a family festival?

Considering Immortan Joe's setup the Juggalos are downright progressive. They would actually share the Faygo with the unwashed masses.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You clearly see him open up the water mains for several whole seconds in the beginning, what more do you expect from the man?? Frankly I think it seems irresponsible the way they left it running at the end there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

You clearly see him open up the water mains for several whole seconds in the beginning, what more do you expect from the man?? Frankly I think it seems irresponsible the way they left it running at the end there.

Clearly there needs to be a better infrastructure involved in the transportation and distribution of water to the people. Just throwing it on top of them is incredibly inefficient. Especially in the desert.

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast

Lord Frisk posted:

Die for violent joe and live forever at the gathering

R.I.P. rear end Dan.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Do not, my friends, become addicted to Faygo, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Note: that's an actual MOTU character

BY THE POWER OF that guy... *points over there*

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Oh man, it was created by Daniel Benedict? The Daniel Benedict?

Who the gently caress is Daniel Benedict?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jamie Lee Curtis and her family went to Evo 2k15

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Hakkesshu posted:

Jamie Lee Curtis and her family went to Evo 2k15

In case you didn't know, she's married to actor/director Christopher Guest, who's there as Dr B in the back.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Colonial Air Force posted:

Oh man, it was created by Daniel Benedict? The Daniel Benedict?

Who the gently caress is Daniel Benedict?

According to http://www.castlegrayskullman.com/ he's someone who won a contest to design a new He-Man character.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Choco1980 posted:

In case you didn't know, she's married to actor/director Christopher Guest, who's there as Dr B in the back.

A/K/A Nigel Tufnel, A/K/A The Six Fingered Man, etc.

• Locked thread