Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

ThisIsAMadGuy

Sounds like you need to change your avatar to angry-eyes Kirby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ever hear the phrase "I wish I could hate you to death?"

Someone apparently knew how to make that a reality. Killed a Aerospray user and his shots chased me around the map long after his body had vanished.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
please do not get angry at the game as it is not fresh. if you are getting mad there's no reason why you can't take a break to chill. stay fresh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every other member of every team I'm in, 30 seconds from the end:

"Hey, we've got this poo poo in the bag! Guess I can go for a risky potentially suicidal manoeuvre right now!"

Also every time I go to kill someone there's either someone else ready to flank me or the person I'm going after has a kraken or bubbler ready to pop. Between that, the lag, and the fact the teams I'm against seem to have way too many rapid-fire and roller campers (this poo poo makes no sense to me this game is all about movement, chargers sure but other weapons? aaaaah), I'm really just not having as much fun as usual.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Escobarbarian posted:

I think the whole connection thing would be a lot less annoying if matchmaking was as fast as usual instead of taking forever. The continue screen coming up after the results screen is taking a long time for me too.

Yeeep I got my crown but I'm still helping waterslides gets some points and it's super annoying.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To clarify just how bad my luck has been I'm about 40 points away from King and my win multiplier thing is on 1.0.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

seven straight wins on team rollercoaster. only one game was even close. step up the game waterslide fans. I mean I'm done for the day probably, got to the second or third rank so i'll get my free ten clams.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mabels big day posted:

seven straight wins on team rollercoaster. only one game was even close. step up the game waterslide fans. I mean I'm done for the day probably, got to the second or third rank so i'll get my free ten clams.

With how many times I had to go against fellow Sliders, we don't have to. Famous last words, I know.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

mabels big day posted:

You get two good people on your team you'll easily dominate.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Tengames posted:

i just got an entire opossing team of the krak-on roller. Never have i hated any weapon as much as this one.
Oh yeah, it's brutal. You might think a .52 Gal Deco would outrange them but you'd often be wrong. And they always seem ready to pop that special. I think they might be particularly good if you have a fair bit of lag on your side because they''re hitting sitting ducks while lag hopping on the other side?

Other high-skill weapons/users I saw a bit of last night getting to ~60/99 (my team carried me pretty much; I was mostly holding choke-points with some success) were Dual(?) Squelcher, some sniper weapons (lot of lane control including some that surprised me), Splattershot Pro and the occasional Tetatek, and an odd Luna Blaster and Splash-O-Matic. Was expecting to see a lot of annoying sprinkler N-Zap '89s but those players didn't seem that good (I had more trouble with the Inkbrush and the sprinkler-less Octobrush even)? Anybody notice any other trends?

Escobarbarian posted:

Every other member of every team I'm in, 30 seconds from the end:

"Hey, we've got this poo poo in the bag! Guess I can go for a risky potentially suicidal manoeuvre right now!"
I hate this for the opposite reason; it works on me. Everybody seems to get super aggressive and rush the top of the Rig in the last 30; and while I was doing pretty well 1 on 1 and a little bit of cleanup, I couldn't handle that push by myself.

Edit: Now that I think of it, probably part of that would be because my team would feel secure we had the top and then rush elsewhere :downs:

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 19, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Saltspray rig, every game I do the same thing, I put my brush down, dash to that huge area with the choke point and ink it up, the enemy keeps on coming there, but they don't know what it is. It's my swamp and their time here is ogre. I ink up the walls on the crate stacks and leap out from them, you put down enough ink and every spot on that section has multiple ambush points. I go to the borders of my domain and throw out sprinklers, but I know, they can't resist the pull of my swamp.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You're an idiot if you don't rush for the big area at the top of the map on saltspray and keep it on lockdown for the whole match.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love when I use my kraken and I get stuck in enemy ink that's always fun

Also fun when you see the scoreboard after losing and you have like 12/1 and your entire team is 1/7 or something.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

mabels big day posted:

You're an idiot if you don't rush for the big area at the top of the map on saltspray and keep it on lockdown for the whole match.

My team usually tries to get the spot at the bottom and then I'm up in my swamp, murdering the poo poo out of the enemy, usually there ends up being an enemy blockade at the chokepoint, but they don't last long in my swamp.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

mabels big day posted:

Then they go for the bottom and passageways, and you lose the match. I go straight for the bottom to grab that and the connecting passageways and hold those. Counts for more and easier to hold.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'll be impressed if Water Slides win with how terrible the players I'm matched up with are :stare:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Onean posted:

Then they go for the bottom and passageways, and you lose the match. I go straight for the bottom to grab that and the connecting passageways and hold those. Counts for more and easier to hold.

The most strategically useful point on the whole map is the choke point. If you control that area, you also control the top by extension and it becomes impossible for the opponent to win by coverage.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Oh yeah! Splatfest time! I missed the first one, but I'm not gonna miss this one!

And I now have all the tunes that I can play in Squid Beatz! Feels good.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

On Saltspray I use the brush to dash to the back ASAP. Once I get to the mound, I look to see if any enemy players are following close behind. Usually there aren't yet, in which case I throw a sprinkler on top of the highest crate and get painting. If there is someone following, the way I try to win the fight is by using the inflatable cushion thing as cover until they're close enough to ambush.

Obviously the whole team shouldn't be fighting to claim the back while ignoring the rest, but if you have a weapon that gives you the advantage in taking it, then you should probably be the one to do it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's my swamp and their time here is ogre.

I'm sad that most of you missed this loving incredible pun.

I haven't had connection issues at all except for maybe the last 30 minutes or so. Team Roller Coaster must be understaffed, I keep getting into 4 on 1 confrontations. I'm trying this during a 4 on 1 match right now so that maybe some of my team mates can also grab their 400 points before time runs out.

It's been great for my meter, though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh, so you thought the creepiest Miiverse post you'd see during this Splatfest would be the squid sisters in a bikini for Team Waterslides? Sorry to disappoint:

Good job, you creepy fucker.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had my first Waterslide v Waterslide match of the day, 2/3 of the way through Champion.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Just had my first Waterslide v Waterslide match of the day, 2/3 of the way through Champion.

Is that a thing? I've had 4v1s, I've had "lol couldn't find anyone" errors and a lot of timeouts but I've never had a Team Eat vs Team Eat match.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When does Splatfest end? 9PM PST?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

When does Splatfest end? 9PM PST?

Yep, 9 PST.

Fedule posted:

Is that a thing? I've had 4v1s, I've had "lol couldn't find anyone" errors and a lot of timeouts but I've never had a Team Eat vs Team Eat match.

Yeah. Last Splatfest when Dogs outnumbered Cats, it was pretty common to have Dog v Dog matches rather than waiting forever for Cat teams. I've also had one Slide v Slide match today.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All this lag is turning the thread into a :salt: fest.

Escobarbarian posted:

oh, so you thought the creepiest Miiverse post you'd see during this Splatfest would be the squid sisters in a bikini for Team Waterslides? Sorry to disappoint:

Good job, you creepy fucker.

Get a shot of that as fireworks.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
I had went 1v4 today, lost the match, but my k/d was 10:0 and got ~1500p. i stayed in my spawn bubble and murdered people who didn't seem to learn that the spawn bubble makes you invincible :downs:

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Me and two other water slide buddies trounced our way through Champion tier. Then, at my last match before queen, they both left. I still got my queen rating, but it felt hollow after that.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Jopoho posted:

Me and two other water slide buddies trounced our way through Champion tier. Then, at my last match before queen, they both left. I still got my queen rating, but it felt hollow after that.

I saw my waterslide BFF attain queen rank a few matches after me and I was so proud! :3:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
did you smash

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wow, facing a full team of Aetosprays is not fun. Especially when your 800 points is the top score.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

I played way more against fellow Team Eaters than Team Sleep people. Finding the actual other team became more common as I went on but overall it was still about 60/40.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

My work is done.

Shout outs to:
  • frosty
  • pickles
  • Mudit
  • E.J.
  • buggy
  • Spookuh
You guys were awesome and made this much less of a slog than last night's playthrough.

Also:

New meta?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
percentage of wins for water slides is going to be 12

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I still didn't see any of this lag that y'all are talking about.
also this happen when I started play after work.

and it was still there after I became royalty

I ain't afraid of no roller coaster, because Team Roller Coaster seems to be out of order.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

whaley posted:

percentage of wins for water slides is going to be 12

I don't know, I lost like 65% of my games for team roller coaster because I am bad at this game.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't know, I lost like 65% of my games for team roller coaster because I am bad at this game.

I'd have no idea because 50+% of my games disconnected me and most of the time it was in the last 10 seconds.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I didn't find any good coaster teams until the past few hours and am now getting stomped.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Voxx posted:

I'd have no idea because 50+% of my games disconnected me and most of the time it was in the last 10 seconds.

My very first game of the night (9:30 EST) had a network error, but the rest were fine with little to no lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Won about 60 matches for team coaster, lost about 10 and dropped another 10. I did my part 8)

• Locked thread