Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

heroin looks nothing like sugar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Good thing the free sample made him too blitzed to either notice or care

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
its also not sold by shady characters in alleys, in small baggies

this comic's really stretching my suspension of disbelief

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

being an active poster in the yospos bitcoin thread i am definitely cool and sophisticated and have seen heroin irl (or "in real life" for you normies)

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

being an active poster in the yospos bitcoin thread i am definitely cool and sophisticated and have seen heroin irl (or "in real life" for you normies)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

being an active poster in the yospos bitcoin thread i am definitely cool and sophisticated and have seen sugar irl (or "in real life" for you normies)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

being an active a shitpost whitenoise poster in the yospos bitcoin thread i am definitely cool and sophisticated and have seen heroin irl (or "in real life" for you normies)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

divabot posted:

Sidechains are vapourwared as being an altcoin pegged to bitcoin via :reasons: - they have all the problems of Bitcoin (being even smaller, shittier and prone to scams), so yeah.

The important point about sidechains is that they will in fact be whatever sounds good, because they don't exist. I don't expect anything like the sidechain white paper to be in operation this year, and I suspect not next year. They solve a problem that doesn't exist, because Bitcoin does not actually have users.
i guess since sidechains don't actually exist they could put a thing in the wiki to invent (without defining or explaining) some mechanism whereby transferring butts from a sidechain to the central chain records it in the central chain in some way that is checked when validating a fork of the sidechain or something. so a fork without that would be known to be fraudulent

even without that, it always seemed weird to me that sidechains would mean (if they existed) that mining one chain would require validating multiple others. adding even more work to do that already doesn't get done because nobody validates poo poo loooool

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

jony ive aces posted:

adding even more work to do that already doesn't get done because nobody validates poo poo loooool

But you don't understand, Bitcoin is set up so that miners will earn their block rewards by verifying stuff even when they can mine faster by not bothering, because

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jony ive aces posted:

i guess since sidechains don't actually exist they could put a thing in the wiki to invent (without defining or explaining) some mechanism whereby transferring butts from a sidechain to the central chain records it in the central chain in some way that is checked when validating a fork of the sidechain or something. so a fork without that would be known to be fraudulent
isn't cluttering up the main blockchain with extra bullshit what sidechains are supposed to avoid?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I'm Roger Ver, long-time rear end-kicking advocate and investor. Today, I'm at the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world headquarters in Saint Kitts and Nevis. I had a nice chat with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu CEO, Geo Omori, about their current situation. He showed me multiple BJJ gym memberships, as well as letters from gymbros and lawyers. I'm sure that all Bitcoin's current getting-its-rear end-kicked problems at BJJ gyms are being caused by the traditional training system, not because of a lack of even lifting at BJJ gyms. The traditional sparring partners that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu needs to work with are not able to keep up with the demands of the growing Bitcoin economy. The dozens of people that make up the BJJ gym system are hard at work establishing additional sparring partners, that eventually will make dealing with BJJ gyms easier for all their customers around the world. For now, I hope that everyone will continue working on rear end-kicking projects that will help make the world a more ripped place.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

divabot posted:

multiple BJJ

text me?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

jony ive aces posted:

even without that, it always seemed weird to me that sidechains would mean (if they existed) that mining one chain would require validating multiple others. adding even more work to do that already doesn't get done because nobody validates poo poo loooool
apparently there is a white paper on sidechains. it does suggest one way is to have sidechains also validate the parent chain but then what happens when the parent chain forks?

quote:

We do not explore this possibility in detail here, as issues surrounding reorganisations result in a significant expansion in complexity.

Bitcoin...but with race conditions!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

Bitcoin...but with more race conditions!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

apparently there is a white paper on sidechains. it does suggest one way is to have sidechains also validate the parent chain but then what happens when the parent chain forks?

Bitcoin...but with race conditions!

laffs

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i have discovered a most marvellous solution to all bitcoin's problems, which this wiki is too narrow to contain

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Whollyhemp posted:

It's an honor that they think I care enough to create an alt to involve myself in the block size debate after I was doxxed, threatened, and ultimately left the bitcoin world in disgust almost half a year ago.

Oh and I looked up /u/Holographiks, my supposed alter ego. We have completely different writing styles and he spends his days hunting anyone who has posted in /r/Buttcoin before. Oh, and he's Norwegian.

I honestly don't get why they keep dragging my name through the mud (not that it isn't comedy gold). I'm a small scale skin care manufacturer who decided bitcoin wasn't right for me, and to this day I'm harassed - just this last week I had a harassing phone call and two angry customer service chats regarding bitcoin, with the user yelling at my employees demanding an explanation as to why we don't accept bitcoin and why we no longer "support the bitcoin economy."

If they were to even check my post history they would have seen I haven't posted in either /r/Bitcoin or /r/Buttcoin since the fallout. I've moved on from that chapter in my life to much more important things.

Yet somehow to them I'm still an integral part in why bitcoin has not succeeded.

10 print "notacult"
20 goto 10

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

divabot posted:

10 print "notacult"
20 goto 10

lol roger ver's on that list

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

divabot posted:

Yet somehow to them I'm still an integral part in why bitcoin has not succeeded.

so close

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Free Ross at the cryptoshow.com

The fundraiser has some great deals (All funds will go directly to FreeRoss.org).

quote:

Roger Ver: of Memorydealers.com $1000 worth of advertising on Bitcoin.com 5 units $500 ea http://bitcoin.com

Kirk & Lyn Ulbricht: 1 week in a Bamoo Beach House in Costa Rica. 2 units $785 to $1,185 (2 to 8 people) http://casabambu.com/lapina.shtml http://casabambu.com/lasonrisa.shtml Aug 25 thru Nov 15

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

who's actually in charge of the #freeross twitter?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

isn't it supposed to be his mommy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Boxturret posted:

tibanne

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

From recent conversations, it appears to be Fifi.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soricidus posted:

i have discovered a most marvellous solution to all bitcoin's problems, which this wiki is too narrow to contain

:pwn:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

JamesieAB posted:

The fundraiser has some great deals (All funds will go directly to FreeRoss.org).

it's good to see that ross's parents kept at least one of their vacation homes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

fermun posted:

it's good to see that ross's parents kept at least one of their vacation homes

seeing some of the thing's lyn ulbricht's been tweeting, she and her husband seem to be dyed in the wool libertarian shitheads

ross never stood a chance, he's a victim of his circumstances

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Condiv posted:

seeing some of the thing's lyn ulbricht's been tweeting, she and her husband seem to be dyed in the wool libertarian shitheads

uh, upbringing and circumstance don't affect what sort of person you are. as a rational actor with perfect knowledge he should have bootstrapped his way into the one true ideology, glorious juche

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Condiv posted:

The repeated claims that the Maryland charges don't exist. YOU NOTE THEM ON THE loving WEBSITE.

Condiv posted:

Not quite rich enough for affluenza.

big scary monsters posted:

uh, upbringing and circumstance don't affect what sort of person you are. as a rational actor with perfect knowledge he should have bootstrapped his way into the one true ideology, glorious juche

You mean of course Timeless Decision Theory.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

JamesieAB posted:

you could also buy 5-8 hours of graphic design work from this guy http://www.crypto-graphics.com/

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

anthonypants posted:

you could also buy 5-8 hours of graphic design work from this guy http://www.crypto-graphics.com/

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Soricidus posted:

i'll make the wiki(s)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
can you have a reverse sidechain? as in, have bitcoins acting as sidechain to some other blockchain?

i realise that sidechains are In The Wiki, but do they conceive of them as a symmetric thing or is bitcoin the king blockchain or w/e

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this one's good too

i particularly like the whatever is going on with that watermark

also the Anarchy © Self Ownership at the bottom of the page

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

JamesieAB posted:

lmao at every goddamn thing in this auction

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Davi Barker: Silk Road Green Camel Pin 10 units $10 ea http://muslimagorist.com/products/causes

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Michael Cargill: at Central Texas Gun Works Stun Guns 5 units $35 ea http://shop.centraltexasgunworks.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Tatiana Moroz: 2 cds her first 2 albums, Tatiana and Love and Liberty.(signed copies) 2 units $40 ea set http://tatianamoroz.com

Tatiana Moroz: 1 free mp3 down load of her new song The Silk Road to everyone that donates to this campaign.

free mp3 down load

• Locked thread