Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

How loving incredible is this free shirt I got.

You could make a fortune printing and selling those.

Edit: I'm getting loving wasted.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I normally wouldn't toot my own horn but I feel like I was loving on point with this

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I don't get it, am I missing something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

I don't get it, am I missing something?

Awww, forgot about World's Worst Clydesdale already?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Locator posted:

There are a bunch of In and Out's in Phoenix now, so apparently they are creeping east. Also, I agree that Whataburger is pretty good, and they are all over Phoenix too.

If you want to spend way too drat much for a burger, there are always Ruby Tuesday's and Fuddruckers (although Fuddruckers has Buffalo burgers that are pretty tasty - but still overpriced).

I really wish Whataburger would open more locations. The only two I ever manage to get to are the one on Chandler/I10 (pretty much the only place I go eat after anything at Firebird) and the one vaguely near me which is on one of the only roads that doesn't actually have a ramp to US60.

I am loving the fact that we seem to be getting a major ingress of Midwest chains. I have a Five Guys and a Freddy's within a few miles, and Steak and Shake is over in Tempe. Hopefully they build more of those.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I normally wouldn't toot my own horn but I feel like I was loving on point with this

That's not the part of a '67 Mustang that you should be concerned about rust in.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Awww, forgot about World's Worst Clydesdale already?

That was a '71 Mustang :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

That was a '71 Mustang :colbert:

STILL A RUSTY MUSTANG.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I just got back from Autopolis for a Mazda event. Saw the 787B, was not disappointed. Just before it was due to do its demo run, the pit crew rolled it back out of the pits into the fan area and took the engine cover off. It was actually surprising how little there was under there. The rotary engine is tiny as it is and it's an absolute dwarf in a Group C size car. Then they turned on the engine. :stare: And with most people standing less than a meter away they started blipping the throttle over and over at which point I just had to leave the area because every blip felt like a Q tip gone too far.

Also saw a pretty cool Miata race. I figured it wasn't gonna be that interesting but the front 2 runners were an NA with a VVT swap and almost no aerodynamics vs. a late NB with a full properly mounted wing. The NA lead the first half of the race then got overtaken by the NB on the straight but on the last corner of the last lap the NA somehow got ahead again and kept it till the finish line. It actually had people clapping in the stands. The car with the most ricey aero body kit actually lagged very badly behind in its class and the only car brave enough to come without a hardtop got lapped by almost everybody and failed to finish.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Safety Dance posted:

My brother's girlfriend works for GM, and she got some hot-poo poo CTS sedan as a loaner for the week as part of an ambassador program. As an experiment, they set the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist, and did a lap around [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_285]Interstate 285[/u] around Atlanta.

According to them, in the clockwise direction, the lanes on I-285 make an outward spiral.
Funny thing, in the anti-clockwise direction I-285 goes down to one lane at the NW corner where it meets I-75. Unless you exit to I-75 and take the one bonus lane that stays on I-285, The highway constantly gains and loses lanes right and left and many of the exits are quite sharp and there's constant construction and the drivers... oooooohhh the drivers.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Funny thing, in the anti-clockwise direction I-285 goes down to one lane at the NW corner where it meets I-75. Unless you exit to I-75 and take the one bonus lane that stays on I-285, The highway constantly gains and loses lanes right and left and many of the exits are quite sharp and there's constant construction and the drivers... oooooohhh the drivers.

They are working on adding lanes on 285 at that interchange and building a bunch of flyovers there too. They're almost done with the new lanes, which will help traffic a whole bunch. The flyovers are mostly for the new Braves stadium they're building just outside the perimeter there.

Edit: and we can't do anything about the drivers. We all suck, it's horrible. I learned to drive on the interstate on 285. Think about that for a second. It was terrifying as a new driver. Now I'm just numb to the insanity.

bandman fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 19, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Locator posted:

There are a bunch of In and Out's in Phoenix now, so apparently they are creeping east. Also, I agree that Whataburger is pretty good, and they are all over Phoenix too.

We've had In n Out in Texas for several years now.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Putting coilovers on a buddy's mk5 GTI today :clint:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat you AI and your Five Guys Gorilla marketing! Went yesterday and drat, was that ever the best fast food burger I've had, if you don't load up on all the toppings, you're doing it wrong. Went with the missus and for the both of us with small fries and a drink came out to $26, so pricey but honestly not that bad compared to how fast food is priced up here. Hell, even McDonalds would cost us ~$20 for the both of us, and the five guys up here are drat good quality. It's not cheap to eat out.

Went to see the minions movie as well, I'd say it's pretty enjoyable. Felt a little drawn out at times, but it made for a good evening.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Bajaha posted:

drat you AI and your Five Guys Gorilla marketing! Went yesterday and drat, was that ever the best fast food burger I've had, if you don't load up on all the toppings, you're doing it wrong. Went with the missus and for the both of us with small fries and a drink came out to $26, so pricey but honestly not that bad compared to how fast food is priced up here. Hell, even McDonalds would cost us ~$20 for the both of us, and the five guys up here are drat good quality. It's not cheap to eat out.

Went to see the minions movie as well, I'd say it's pretty enjoyable. Felt a little drawn out at times, but it made for a good evening.

goddamn gorilla marketing

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Safety Dance posted:

My brother's girlfriend works for GM, and she got some hot-poo poo CTS sedan as a loaner for the week as part of an ambassador program. As an experiment, they set the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist, and did a lap around [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_285]Interstate 285[/u] around Atlanta.

According to them, in the clockwise direction, the lanes on I-285 make an outward spiral.

Um, what the gently caress. I'm assuming they're not from Atlanta? Anyone who has ever driven it would surely realize that was an awful idea.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SuperDucky posted:

Um, what the gently caress. I'm assuming they're not from Atlanta? Anyone who has ever driven it would surely realize that was an awful idea.

They both grew up in Atlanta. I've done laps of 285 too. It's pleasant if you enjoy driving and do it at night.

My best time is like 40-some minutes, with an average speed of 89 mph. I don't drive like that anymore.

e. It might have been 79 mph, upon reflection.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 19, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Safety Dance posted:

They both grew up in Atlanta. I've done laps of 285 too. It's pleasant if you enjoy driving and do it at night.

My best time is like 40-some minutes, with an average speed of 89 mph. I don't drive like that anymore.

e. It might have been 79 mph, upon reflection.

I grew up OTP but lived in Decatur for undergrad. I've gotten from Mr Cues on Chamblee Tucker to Memorial and Candler in like 15 minutes. I too, am only alive because I grew up. 120 on the 85 access road SB to 285EB flyover in an e36 m3 with a popped RTAB was scary as gently caress. If I'd lost it, I'd be dead. That's a long fall onto 85.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLddlTthm4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. I drank cheap vodka until 4am last night.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Ugh. I drank cheap vodka until 4am last night.

How many boxes of pastries?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

How many boxes of pastries?

I ate 4 or 5 hamburger patties. (Buns got moldy).

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

I ate 4 or 5 hamburger patties. (Buns got moldy).

So burgers with meat buns?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

So burgers with meat buns?

I speared them on a knife and ate it like a kebab.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
THE TIME IS AT HAND!

I have come back from my deployment in Guantanamo, and I have brought with me 30 Radio GTMO bottle openers. While I was down there, Obama something something Cuban relations so we're technically not supposed to be offering the "Rockin' in Fidel's Backyard" slogan anymore, but I ordered a batch of 20 at $12/pop, and cleared them out of their remaining 10. I'm selling them, if you want, for $15/apiece, but if that's too high let me know. Not really trying to make a profit on these, just breaking even so I can spread the love to my fellow drinkers shadetree or other mechanics. And before you ask, yes, I ganked the picture off of a tumblr page, because my phone (HTC One M7) puts a purple filter over everything and looks like poo poo.

The form is at:

http://www.jotform.us/form/51996250126154

And if you get 4 or more (which is crazy because that would be $60) use the code ALCOHOLIC to get $10 off the total. CONUS only unless you're Canadian and want to pay $21 in shipping for a flat rate international padded envelope (seriously, USPS?)

If the price is totally crazy just let me know, I don't really sell things often except for ebay and that takes care of the math n'poo poo for me.

In other news, a few pages back I mentioned that :siren:my fiancee:siren: crashed her motorcycle when a pickup turned left in front of her. Now that I'm home I can assess the damage.

Looks like the front forks don't align with the headstock or the frame anymore, but I'll have to strip it down to do further assessment.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 19, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pity, I'd love one in the UK.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

poo poo, I don't get paid until Friday and already spent my bullshit alotment. Would it be possible for you to set 1 aside for me? Please? :kiddo:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Pissed at my situation right now. Was supposed to have tomorrow off for my birthday. Now I have to come in at 730a because one of our drivers is in the hospital and the other has a doctor's appointment so he won't come in. Plus, GM wants to just shift my days off so I won't go into OT either.

I was supposed to fish and drink :argh:

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 19, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Terrible Robot posted:

poo poo, I don't get paid until Friday and already spent my bullshit alotment. Would it be possible for you to set 1 aside for me? Please? :kiddo:

Of course :)

Cakefool posted:

Pity, I'd love one in the UK.

How do I mail things to the UK? Through USPS?

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Rad as gently caress. Just ordered one.

Thanks Geirskogul.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

God knows. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of NA goons to not disappoint.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Dude! I want 2 openers, but I'm in Tucson, so whether you want to ship them or not is up to you. I could swing up there one weekend and grab them.

The Locator posted:

We have 4 or 5 in n outs, same with five guys, like 8 whataburgers, and a bunch of other local places here in Tucson.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

gently caress yeah, bought one. Thanks Geirskogul.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

God dammit, I'm trying to buy an opener but I keep getting the message:

"We're sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using card Visa x-xxxx, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please enter a new card to continue payment."

Any ideas?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Thanks! :tipshat:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Geirskogul posted:

THE TIME IS AT HAND!

Ditto on the set one aside if you could be so kind. I need one of these in my life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ordered, thanks DUDE.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hunh, is that what inspired the chorus in this song?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMuCGkmdJU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002