Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Persona 5 arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

i dont think there is going to be a next persona fighting game

Really liked the style of P4AU but this is fine

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Motto posted:

The Tom Cruise anime movie was pretty good (actually a novel/manga but whatever).

Good point.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There needs to be more Persona 4 games.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

WickedHate posted:

There needs to be more Persona 4 games.

No. Persona 4 needs to die.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Persona 4 should be it's own subseries. There doesn't even need to be a Persona 5, but I'm happy that's happening none the less. I just want the Investigation Team to keep being a thing, forever.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Splatfest was cool, but I wish you could play ranked during it. Glad the right team won.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Really? Because the all of the P4 spin offs have made me hate most of the characters that I used to really like. The more P4 games I play the less fondly I think of the series as a whole.

All of these P4 games are making me hate P4

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm still bitter about Persona Q

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Really? Because the all of the P4 spin offs have made me hate most of the characters that I used to really like. The more P4 games I play the less fondly I think of the series as a whole.

All of these P4 games are making me hate P4

That's your fault, man.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Splatfest was cool, but I wish you could play ranked during it. Glad the right team won.

The right team won in both total score and popularity :D

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

WickedHate posted:

That's your fault, man.

I'm not falling for it.

Nice try though I guess.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

What if...for the next arc system persona fighting game..you could play as eikichi >:}

What if... Persona 1 and 2 were ever acknowledged again

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I'm not falling for it.

Nice try though I guess.

littleorv posted:

Atlus makes my favourite video games so I'll continue to throw money at them as well

Hello P4 DAN

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

;)

I don't like them but I'm still going to buy them. Yes, I may have issues.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Holy wow, they started showing GiTS 2 instead of the first. Incredible troll, cinema, brilliant work

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

greyhound dogs are little horses

they are way smarter than horses

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I wonder what would be worse: more American attempts at live action anime (Dragonball Evolution, however Ghost in the Shell/Akira/Battle Angel Alita turn out), or the slurry of young adult novels-turned movie franchise.

It's a tough choice to make, since DB Evolution had some hilariously horrible moments (RIP Asian redneck Yamcha)

How was the Kite movie?

Shinjobi posted:

Good point.

bullshit, All You Need is Kill was a novel. The Ring wasn't an anime movie either

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

bullshit, All You Need is Kill was a novel.

A light novel.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bad Seafood posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.
Sorry getting caught up with this thread, here's mine (you'll probably guess that I watch most of my anime from Toonami)
1 Eureka 7
2 Space Dandy
3 Hellsing Ultimate
4 FMA Brotherhood
5 Cowboy Bebop
6 FLCL
7 Soul Eater
8 Black Lagoon
9 TTGL
10 Michiko & Hatchin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

What if... Persona 1 and 2 were ever acknowledged again

Nyarlathotep as a stance-based fighter who can turn into hitler with shades

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What do people like about soul eater? I didn't like it, mostly found it kind of annoying and didn't do much interesting with its concept, but I know a bunch of people really like it so I'm curious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FirstAidKite posted:

What do people like about soul eater? I didn't like it, mostly found it kind of annoying and didn't do much interesting with its concept, but I know a bunch of people really like it so I'm curious.
I like the voice cast and the characters, I mean I can't hate Troy Baker as Excalibur :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

it's got a really distinctive visual style and while black star sucks the rest of the cast is pretty fun

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The excalibur episodes were the only ones I enjoyed, and I feel like the show would have been much better as just a straight up comedy without the action

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

The excalibur episodes were the only ones I enjoyed, and I feel like the show would have been much better as just a straight up comedy without the action
soul eater not?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I want to say there is something like that but I might have my series mixed up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_kBPQYt74

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

I'm still bitter about Persona Q

I enjoy Etrian Odyssey AND Persona 4 but I didn't bother with Persona Q. I've heard it improves some of the formulas involved with both series, but man...just didn't care for a non-canon fanwank romp between Persona 3 & 4.

boom boom boom posted:

bullshit, All You Need is Kill was a novel. The Ring wasn't an anime movie either

It's close enough dammit.:qq:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I really liked the early bits of Soul Eater and then I realized that Maka was insanely boring compared to every other character and was also the main protagonist so I stopped reading

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shinjobi posted:

I enjoy Etrian Odyssey AND Persona 4 but I didn't bother with Persona Q. I've heard it improves some of the formulas involved with both series, but man...just didn't care for a non-canon fanwank romp between Persona 3 & 4.

It being canon or not shouldn't influence your decision to play a game, but it was actually canon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This is a comedy show?

Then again, remembering some of the comedy bits of soul eater, maybe I wouldn't have liked it if it was just comedy...

The biggest problem I had with soul eater was I felt like they were always trying to build up to fights and then not having a good payoff, either by having the fight happen mostly off screen or having it just end out of nowhere

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything in Soul Eater after Arachne was downhill, I think. I was particularly annoyed by how the whole thing with Medusa ended, because she was a cool character with cool powers and relationships to the cast.

Also Soul Eater Not should have just stayed Soul Eater K-On. I recall them eventually injecting some plot into it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

This is a comedy show?
it's a slice of life comedy

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Have I ever mentioned the time a weeb I know asked me out of the blue in class to write self insert bdsm fanfiction of them and Sasuke.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Some good boring posting going on in the SMT thread right now.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Have I ever mentioned the time a weeb I know asked me out of the blue in class to write self insert bdsm fanfiction of them and Sasuke.

Did you do it?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WickedHate posted:

How much did you make them pay for it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

Did you do it?

Yes, but I kept it mostly just romantic. Very light.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

How much did you make them pay for it?

If they could afford commissions they probably wouldn't have asked me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did they ask because they knew you wrote stuff already or did they just figure "you like anime, you'll write an anime thing right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I wouldn't have done it.

• Locked thread