Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

And it's hilarious listening to Nine's commentators expressing amazement at how Brisbane always gets Friday games and no Sunday ones. Such a mystery how that happens...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

There's a reason I didn't go to this game :(

I don't mind being beaten by a better team, but poo poo refereeing is a different story. You see it ask over the place - Hodges shoved Simona over into touch as he was getting up and the ref just told them to play it as he wasn't out since he was playing the ball when out. No penalty for slowing the play the ball, of course.
Do yourself a favor and just try not to worry about the ref decisions, it will help

as a support of a team also in danger of the getting the spoon go Broncos :toot:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Don't worry, you're losing to a better team, not poo poo refereeing

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm just an optimist that wishes that the refs were even slightly competent at their jobs. I understand they make mistakes and am pretty forgiving but the frequency of terrible calls they make is just incomprehensible. All I ask for is an even playing field.

And as I say that the refs just let woods be knocked over well after being held, again. I'd accuse them off being bent but I don't think they're that competent.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo we got a penalty. Apparently they couldn't quite ignore a shoulder charge on a defenceless kicker, much as they might try.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

I'm just an optimist that wishes that the refs were even slightly competent at their jobs. I understand they make mistakes and am pretty forgiving but the frequency of terrible calls they make is just incomprehensible. All I ask for is an even playing field.

And as I say that the refs just let woods be knocked over well after being held, again. I'd accuse them off being bent but I don't think they're that competent.
My blood pressure dropped as soon as I realized I couldn't do anything about the refs so why worry about it? If you get screwed by them it's just like an act of god

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also Dane Gagai got release from Hospital but he's alright, gotta see a cardiologist but I think he's fine

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Rabs has literally forgotten the entire Broncos roster, either due to senility or just as a testament to how much friday night Ray Hadley we've had to suffer through this season

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This match is looking like its going to turn into an ugly scoreline. :( please do something tigers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

This match is looking like its going to turn into an ugly scoreline. :( please do something tigers
yeah I don't want them to get smashed :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Rabs has literally forgotten the entire Broncos roster, either due to senility or just as a testament to how much friday night Ray Hadley we've had to suffer through this season
he's old

still better than Hadley

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Although admittedly it is extremely confusing seeing Adam Blair put some effort in

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Although admittedly it is extremely confusing seeing Adam Blair put some effort in
put him in a good team he goes good

put him in a bad team...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I asked for something, I got a forward pass. Such is life

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well done Boyd, what play

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

I asked for something, I got a forward pass. Such is life

So frustrating when you see so many let go and then the one critical one gets called. Not a wrong call, just annoying.

Nice to see the broncos letting us off the hook a few times when we could be down by 30.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
that was a pass unlike anything ever. this milford lad is good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
foot on the line, out!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's why we should have the option for the ref to say "I have no idea"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

that's why we should have the option for the ref to say "I have no idea"

The view from behind pretty clearly shows his foot was off the ground due to eyebrows man though

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I wouldn't have thought that was a try, but I could see how you'd give it from that behind shot

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byolante posted:

The view from behind pretty clearly shows his foot was off the ground due to eyebrows man though
really? fair enough

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hopefully Wayne's cured us of the second half naps we've been taking the last couple of years. I want to see 50 - zip.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was a classic "going with refs call". No idea from the video what actually happened (HD video might have helped, gently caress you nine). Honestly what I expected out of the game so far, but I would have lived to see what the able would have been like if the first try was correctly called back instead of starting the rot. I'd also like if we weren't a giant pile of poo poo, too.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

really? fair enough

The view from the front is pretty hard to tell but the view from behind shows his foot lift before the line. Thats where the touchie was looking from as well and he was adamant it was a try

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Asked my Aussie buddy but he had no clue...Why is everyone dressed up in costumes?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Akileese posted:

Asked my Aussie buddy but he had no clue...Why is everyone dressed up in costumes?

Because it's superhero Sunday.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Akileese posted:

something to do with a charity event

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Broncos have some superhero themed celebration today and they're letting folks onto the field after the game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahahaha voluntary tackle clearly isn't a rule anymore. Seriously, are the refs even trying to apply the rules?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Hahahaha voluntary tackle clearly isn't a rule anymore. Seriously, are the refs even trying to apply the rules?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
refs just ignored a pretty blatant forward pass for you iajanus

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

On the flipside we get a try from a forward pass so who knows...

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Well that is a very bad forward pass, guess bad refereeing goes both ways?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

refs just ignored a pretty blatant forward pass for you iajanus

Hey, my position is that the referee staff are incompetent - we just got one our way finally.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I just want decent refereeing. I'm in no illusory state that the broncos shouldn't be leading this game by a mile, I just want them to earn it without ridiculous levels of help.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahahaha we're entering the false hope part of the day

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol broncos are throwing the game away. game of two halves.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

On the replay it looks like he never grounded that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

ili posted:

On the replay it looks like he never grounded that.

Nar it was a good try. Broncos need some Oates and Parcell spark imo

• Locked thread