Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
It's not really the veininess of the arms that gets me, it's how thin they and his legs are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Looks slippy as gently caress out there today

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was thinking of skipping this stage since it looks boring as poo poo on paper but I think it might be exciting. Who knows???

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Nah, its dry now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The cameras just got mooned however.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I only watch cycling for bums, cows and flying piss

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Looks like cup of piss got Michelle froome out of twitter retirement to accuse Ross Tucker, veloclinic, vayer etc of being responsible but she's now deleted her account which is extremely disappointing

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Lefevre is being interviewed at Sporza and he too is pointing at the press asking questions about the performance of Froome being the culprit of the whole shebang.

Yeah, gently caress you too buddy. How did you get away with being the managing director of loving Mapei?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
What was that all about? The Tinkoff mechanic just threw a bottle at the camera moto. For daring to stop and televise sagan changing a bike?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Good shot too

E: planned bike change, probably distracting the camera as they switch out the motorised wheel

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 19, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Surprised the copper didn't nab the car.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
What a garbage stage for a weekend. I want to see pain and suffering on my day off!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

serious gaylord posted:

What was that all about? The Tinkoff mechanic just threw a bottle at the camera moto. For daring to stop and televise sagan changing a bike?

Didn't want to see him set up the motor in the frame, obviously.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ah okay. Sagan slowed with the camera behind him, then kicked the moto as he tried to get around him out the way.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

marsisol posted:

What a garbage stage for a weekend. I want to see pain and suffering on my day off!

The French race organizers seem to forget the rest of the world doesn't get the summer off.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

There's a roundabout like 200 m in front of the finish line. Maybe that'll be entertaining.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

There's a roundabout like 200 m in front of the finish line. Maybe that'll be entertaining.

Thats a very smart course layout.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Yes stybar! Gogogo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love it when the lead out trains get confused and someone goes away to win. I hope he sticks this.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

and griepel *yawn*

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Bralisford on Stade2 (post stage French cycling pundit show) this evening to discuss the atmosphere.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Haha French reporter tried to get Froome to speak in French twice and he just ignored him.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Haha they are really sticking it to him saying how the gently caress can he hold 7.04w/kg up Piere St Martin, everyone else that has done before has been caught doping. He said it's a model they don't know his weight which was countered with the claim they overstated his weight to be safe.

He then tried to talk about the bio-passport to which was immediately shut down by saying it's easy to get around. He's walked into a den of wolves here and not coming off well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

Haha they are really sticking it to him saying how the gently caress can he hold 7.04w/kg up Piere St Martin, everyone else that has done before has been caught doping. He said it's a model they don't know his weight which was countered with the claim they overstated his weight to be safe.

He then tried to talk about the bio-passport to which was immediately shut down by saying it's easy to get around. He's walked into a den of wolves here and not coming off well.

loving awesome. He really hosed up by insulting the French yesterday. Not very smart.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

When asked for Froome's weight he said he didn't know to which a panel member told him every day the riders are weighed. The presenter stated Froome's wife had tweeted he was 69kg, the number of 7.04w/kg was based on the weight of 71, the recent claim of 69kg by his wife would put that number even higher. Brilliant :)

Just wish they'd picked up on GT and Porte's performances because they are flying under the radar it seems.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The french love having a go at someone, especially if it means they can ignore how bad their riders have been by doing it.

Why is Froome getting confrontational, it never works out well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It has nothing to do with nationalism, they don't like to see their race turned into a farce. They loved Indurain and Lemond.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lookitdatface

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I love Greipel! He always looks so happy after his wins. That was a pretty loving awesome sprint finish if you ask me, 4 main contenders going toe to toe on a technical finish? gently caress yeah.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Froome just tweeted ITV4's piece about Jalabert

http://youtu.be/29u-H3xM5rE

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

It was a shame Sagan got edged off his line, he was coming through nicely.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Froome just tweeted ITV4's piece about Jalabert

http://youtu.be/29u-H3xM5rE

Look at who uploaded that video. Lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Michelle F.

Equally funny is him denying things that were broadcast and recorded.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lol @ everything

please return to Twitter Michelle

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Pocket posted:

Out for blood, awesome :D

(Seriously? 7w/kg????)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol the British media are horrible cunts. Please go back to covering soccer or cricket

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Hahaha what an unbelievable shitshow. Also for a second I thought this was a special broadcast commissioned by the Froomes. But THAT is ITV's coverage? Jesus Christ.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
From the Guardian's BTL comments:

quote:

Fascinating stuff on French TV afterwards. Brailsford repeated his intention to release Froome's data and be open, then claimed not to know (ie refused to say) Chris Froome's weight! Incredible stuff.

I wonder where all this is going to end up. It'll be interesting to see.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Wonder if she'll upload the segment from Stade2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Smirr posted:

Hahaha what an unbelievable shitshow. Also for a second I thought this was a special broadcast commissioned by the Froomes. But THAT is ITV's coverage? Jesus Christ.

Lol