Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
mom's got great collarbonones though which makes that whole thing even way more messed up when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Valeyard posted:

Scarlett Johansson is the most beautiful thing on this planet. I would last longer in the ring with Mike Tyson then I would in bed with her

you need to see more women imo

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

dope

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
My car is so 90s it's easier to replace an alternator than it is to replace the battery.

Worlds fiddliest loving bracket with multiple parts that can fall into the engine bay, while the alternator is held on with two bolts.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
thats why i just own an old motorcycle now

yeah i have to repair it all the time, but that requires a screwdriver and maybe an hex wrench at most

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

plus your organs will go to somebody who desperately needs them

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

My car is so 90s it's easier to replace an alternator than it is to replace the battery.

Worlds fiddliest loving bracket with multiple parts that can fall into the engine bay, while the alternator is held on with two bolts.

After losing a part of such a needlessly complicated bracket, I rigged it together with zip ties. It's been holding steady for about 5 years.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

sweet neg

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Trabant posted:

After losing a part of such a needlessly complicated bracket, I rigged it together with zip ties. It's been holding steady for about 5 years.

I was pretty close to just throwing the entire thing away and just using a packing strap to hold the battery to the base.

The whole alternator was swapped out in a total of 17 minutes including finding the right sockets for the bolts. The battery took that long to get the bracket back on.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

pizza kata

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

I was pretty close to just throwing the entire thing away and just using a packing strap to hold the battery to the base.

The whole alternator was swapped out in a total of 17 minutes including finding the right sockets for the bolts. The battery took that long to get the bracket back on.

i ride a bike op

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
oh gross

a chiclet keyboard :barf:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Constant Hamprince posted:

what's the water for? heat storage to reduce wear from thermal expansion/contraction?

probably storm sewer with porous roadway so water doesn't puddle on it

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

what if seinfeld wiht cars?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

wayfinder posted:

what if seinfeld wiht cars?

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkNwws6gcg

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

You're not wrong

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lemmie look at these SSD reviews

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

man amazon owns so hard

ordered 2 SSDs on a sunday morning. getting them by 9pm for free w/ prime. i never have to leave the house again

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

only way it could be better is if the drives were delivered by drone to my balcony

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

akadajet posted:

man amazon owns so hard

ordered 2 SSDs on a sunday morning. getting them by 9pm for free w/ prime. i never have to leave the house again

why do you need 2?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Symbolic Butt posted:

why do you need 2?

get dat raid0 son

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Symbolic Butt posted:

why do you need 2?

one for windows, one for osx

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

akadajet posted:

man amazon owns so hard

prime ftw

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
we live between two DCs so there's a good chance of things being next day, even with normal shipping

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

get dat raid0 son

lol is raid0 even going to do anything with modern SSDs? i thought they were pretty close to saturating the bus as is

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

akadajet posted:

lol is raid0 even going to do anything with modern SSDs? i thought they were pretty close to saturating the bus as is

you get higher benchmarks

the actuall day to day difference is probably almost nil for most people though

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

lol they are indeed

raid10 for lyfe btw. get like... 200 SSDs and make a giant RAID10. Not a RAID5 or something with fancy parity. I mean a full stripe-mirror of 200 drives.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

trust me for each 1TB SSD you put in a RAID your dilz grows by 10mm... doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that ur dilz gone get FAT AS gently caress

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

du -hast posted:

trust me for each 1TB SSD you put in a RAID your dilz grows by 10mm... doesn't sound like a lot until you realize that ur dilz gone get FAT AS gently caress

so 10mm in girth? or long and thin? either way sounds like it could get awkward after awhile

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

akadajet posted:

so 10mm in girth? or long and thin? either way sounds like it could get awkward after awhile

both :rms:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
none of this makes me want raided ssds less :shobon:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

its cool we sell them all the loving time at work. like clowns will buy 4x1TB SSDs for a retarded price and do a RAID10 with it. smh

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Panty Saluter posted:

make a raid of pcie ssds then

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365767/feed-your-greed-for-speed-by-installing-ssds-in-raid-0.html

see but the numbers are higher :spergin:

althought adding another 8gb and letting rapid use 4gb of it (i think thats how samsungs software works) would probably be at least as useful for a lot less money

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol. they put a grateful dead skull on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

anthonypants posted:

make a raid of pcie ssds then

ooh better yet do it in a software raid.... thats pure ownage right there

• Locked thread