Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Trent posted:

I do have the smokebomb, assist trophies and master balls currently off, as well as the beehive and windthingy*. I'm experimenting, but I like it this way so far.

*this one because one of my friends whines about it incessantly and it's just not worth it

Also turn off the beetle and space invader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's at least possible to break out of beetle or galaga invader, the wind thing is complete lame bullshit

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Chieves posted:

Ugh.

Raserys posted:

It's at least possible to break out of beetle or galaga invader, the wind thing is complete lame bullshit
UGH.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

you idiots know frame data but not Galaxian? kill yourselves

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Little Mac posted:

UGH STOP IT

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

whalestory posted:

Rest in peace, s2j. FUckin hell

Who knocked him out

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Druggedfox :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol never heard of him. RIP to the coolest fighter in the series

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Little Mac posted:

I'm pretty sure it is Boss Galaga cause my one friend always yells "GET EM BOSS GALAGA" after he throws it and then it does. It does get me.

Monochromiicorn
Nov 14, 2012
Melee could have 9 characters represented in top 8 if Plup breaks out his Samus.

Unfortunately one of those is Jiggly and none are Falcon.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Monochromiicorn posted:

Melee could have 9 characters represented in top 8 if Plup breaks out his Samus.

Unfortunately one of those is Jiggly and none are Falcon.

isnt hugs in top 8? hugs plays samus

Monochromiicorn
Nov 14, 2012
Nah, Hugs just narrowly lost to Chudat's Sopo Game 3. Scar and Toph got given wrong information.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Ryu is banned and I STILL have to tolerate this Street Fighter talk?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

F. Lobot posted:

Whenever I read the thread's title I always read the last words like how Ludacris says it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chieves posted:

The beetle kicks rear end and is fun as hell to get kills with or reflect back because it is soooo sloooow

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Anyone who bitches about people turning off items and not "learning the whole game" but admits to turning off certain items or avoiding specific stages is a gigantic hypocrit.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I play with all items on and random stages and my main is the Random character. I am the Ubersmasher

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Little Mac posted:

I play with all items on and random stages and my main is the Random character. I am the Ubersmasher

This is the True Smash Experience. Thank you for playing the game "right."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Anyone who bitches about people turning off items and not "learning the whole game" but admits to turning off certain items or avoiding specific stages is a gigantic hypocrit.

Wrong.

(anyway, you can't tell the difference between bitching and playful jibes so you are a gigantic doodoo head)

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Smash tournaments wouldn't exist without the option to turn off items. The winning strategy is pick Sonic, camp, and get the good items before everyone else.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

F. Lobot posted:

He's banned?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

RC Cola posted:

He's banned?

yeah every stage is a walkoff (tatsumakioff)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

RC Cola posted:

He's banned?

all the most recent dlc characters are for being too new which is bs since theyre playing with the most recent patch anyway but w/e.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

IMO Ryu should have been legal, and also the rules should have said you have to substitute FD with Omega Suzaku Castle.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Urgh, I was wondering why I saw no combofiending Sm4sh Ryus at EVO. That's disappointing.

Oh well, maybe next year. We'll probably have more characters and stages by then too. To ban. :cry:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 19, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

IMO Ryu should have been legal, and also the rules should have said you have to substitute FD with Omega Suzaku Castle.

This except Roy

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Trent posted:

Wrong.

(anyway, you can't tell the difference between bitching and playful jibes so you are a gigantic doodoo head)

Good joke. Very original. Split my sides when I saw the same thing that's been said unironically roughly 14,145 times.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
top 8 for melee
Armada- Peach/Fox
Hungrybox- Jigglypuff
Plup- Sheik
PPMD- Marth/Falco
Leffen- Fox
Axe- Pikachu
Chudat- Ice Climbers
Mango- Falco/Fox

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm happy, today, for all the top 8 pikachu players. You deserve a round of applause, both of you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
When will Samus' day in the Top 8 come? Her and her magical air control, keepaway game, and surprisingly potent up-smash. :swoon:

Edit: Zero Suit doesn't count. :colbert:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 19, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm ready for axe to win evo and for hungrybox to realize I don't want to watch jigglypuff

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

When will Samus' day in the Top 8 come? ... surprisingly potent up-smash. :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiPPZKUVITk

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 19, 2015

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Is this before or after the most recent patch? I thought they fixed hers and Zeldas.
this is hilarious

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

Is this before or after the most recent patch? I thought they fixed hers and Zeldas.
this is hilarious

they "fixed" it but it still does exactly this and it is the opposite of hilarious when you get people at kill percent and they fall through it

and by fixed I mean they lowered the kill % by about 15-20 on all characters and now they only fall through 70% of the time instead of 95% of the time

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I fixed up smash, by not using it

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I meant hilarious more in the presentation of the video rather than the failings of the character, but I'm glad that someone is using Regular Samus. She is cool and deserves more screentime, ZSS is overrated.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
Waverhouse come baaaaaaaaack.

I miss you :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Melee later tonight I assume?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cicadas! posted:

I meant hilarious more in the presentation of the video rather than the failings of the character, but I'm glad that someone is using Regular Samus. She is cool and deserves more screentime, ZSS is overrated.

It turns out that not only is regular samus pretty bad, zss is good and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Good joke. Very original. Split my sides when I saw the same thing that's been said unironically roughly 14,145 times.

Sorry, you're right. I forgot how seriously I should take the smash brothers game and thread. Excuse me while I delete all my custom characters and throw away everything but melee and TWO controllers

• Locked thread