Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Leaked screenshot of Ace Attorney 6, case 3

Will Powers is in the suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Every single one of those names could be an Ace Attorney name.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Fangz posted:

The thing is, it had a proper ending. And then it had to go ON AND ON AND ON and fuckingextraterritorialrights.

The only good part about this sequence is the Lethal Weapon 2 reference in the English translation.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Ugh these character designs have been getting so hackneyed since they moved to 3D

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I'm sure that if you search enough you can find some real-life trials that would fit perfectly in a Ace Attorney game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel Jon Lee Riches would fit in AA.

Basically, he's a convict who files incredible lawsuits to troll people.

quote:

One lawsuit, which includes George Bush, also includes another 783 defendants that cover 57 pages. They include Plato, Nostradamus, Che Guevara, James Hoffa, "Various Buddhist Monks," all survivors of the Holocaust, the Lincoln Memorial, the Eiffel Tower, the USS Cole, the book Mein Kampf, the Garden of Eden, the Roman Empire, the Dark Ages, the Appalachian Trail, Plymouth Rock, the Holy Grail, Nordic gods, the dwarf planet Pluto, and the entire Three Mile Island.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel Jon Lee Riches would fit in AA.

Basically, he's a convict who files incredible lawsuits to troll people.

He wouldnt fit because its not an anime murder case.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Is the port of the first three games any good or does it still have like massive typos

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Beef Chief posted:

A thing I like that the game didn't do was bring back witnesses from game's past aside for the sake of having a cameo or whatnot.

You're forgetting a very special witness from the prison case. And there's a couple of completely pointless background cameos, too.

I feel like I'd like AAI2 more if every case wasn't tied into the big final villain. It's fine to have a couple of cases that are tied up in a larger plot, every game does that, especially T&T, but having every single goddamn case be part of a big conspiracy is a bit too much for me. And I'm also still annoyed by Kay turning into a moe~ cliche after losing her memory.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 19, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, but those cameos didn't periodically come into the final case with insanely unfunny gags and stupidity and loving hot dogs and the Steel Samurai's loving child to make an already bad case worse. I can deal with Sahwit over loving Oldbag hitting on Edgeworth for the 40th time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I remember when Oldbag had character development in the first game.

Apparently the writers don't, though. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

fronz posted:

Is the port of the first three games any good or does it still have like massive typos

The 3DS port is supposed to fix all of the major issues the iOS version had, so go for it if you're interested.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I remember when Oldbag had character development in the first game.

Apparently the writers don't, though. :v:

This is the case with every comedy relief character in everything. If they ever receive development it is quickly forgotten as the series goes on in favour of quick jokes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Amppelix posted:

This is the case with every comedy relief character in everything. If they ever receive development it is quickly forgotten as the series goes on in favour of quick jokes.

Even Larry had a bit of a character arc in the original series, but he's back to being a directionless fuckup in Investigations... I really believed you could become an artist, Laurice!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Even Larry had a bit of a character arc in the original series, but he's back to being a directionless fuckup in Investigations... I really believed you could become an artist, Laurice!

Hey he shows up doing it in the 2nd game.

It's pretty drat good, too

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah, one of the contradictions relied on Larry actually being able to recreate a scene accurately in his drawings.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Remember when Nick introduced Larry as his best friend in case 1-1, and meant it? Sure he's pretty pathetic but they clearly like each other and Larry even comes in, willingly, to save your and Edgey's rear end in 1-4.

Then in 3-2 he's been degraded to "Well... not exactly a friend, but we know each other." And is clearly written to be mostly an annoyance and an obstacle to your investigations. Poor Larry, you only had one game as a good character.

Luckily they finally realized this in AAI2 which fixed both Larry and Gumshoe a bit. Since the writers are the same as will be for the eventual AA6 we can expect good things from potential returning characters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gumshoe is definitely the best character in the series.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Gumshoe is definitely the best character in the series.

Him not being there at all was the one thing I disliked in DD. I understand why they did that, though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Him not being there at all was the one thing I disliked in DD. I understand why they did that, though.

The mainline games have had 3 real good detectives and it's a shame they can't use them all.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There should be a Gumshoe game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Remember when Nick introduced Larry as his best friend in case 1-1, and meant it? Sure he's pretty pathetic but they clearly like each other and Larry even comes in, willingly, to save your and Edgey's rear end in 1-4.

Then in 3-2 he's been degraded to "Well... not exactly a friend, but we know each other." And is clearly written to be mostly an annoyance and an obstacle to your investigations. Poor Larry, you only had one game as a good character.

Luckily they finally realized this in AAI2 which fixed both Larry and Gumshoe a bit. Since the writers are the same as will be for the eventual AA6 we can expect good things from potential returning characters.

Yeah, I remember despising Larry.

Then I replayed the first game and wondered who this pretty decent guy without annoying quirks was.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I remember despising Larry.

Then I replayed the first game and wondered who this pretty decent guy without annoying quirks was.

Characters became really exaggerated over time.

This had some advantages and disadvantages and older characters in particular largely suffered for it

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
US release of DGS confirmed.

(I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a way to take in-game screenshots with the 3DS without resorting to taking a picture of the device but I don't know/remember how. Sorry)

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

(I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a way to take in-game screenshots with the 3DS without resorting to taking a picture of the device but I don't know/remember how. Sorry)

Great, I can't wait to play a game that's only partially translated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is she wearing a swan as a hat? :stare:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

oopsie rock posted:

Let’s do it!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't think this is a spoiler, but here's a cute reference or Capcom is messing with us.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If a localisation of DGS is in the works, what's the next big event or such where Cap com might reveal it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Nintendo Direct.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

We''ll never get to hear Iwata point and say "Objection!" :smith:

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

oopsie rock posted:

OK, sorry, I thought it was obviously a joke but there's an English character who just randomly peppers her sentences with English. This is not really a translation at all.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is she wearing a swan as a hat? :stare:
Yes. There are some gags with that later in the case.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Amppelix posted:

You know, to be fair, between those two events Nick did learn that Larry was at fault for one of the most traumatic events of his childhood and didn't even feel bad about it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
"D-Death! The death penalty for both of you!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

nftyw posted:

"D-Death! The death penalty for both of you!"

Thinking back on it, that is one of the last things Phoenix said to Edgeworth before he found that "suicide note".

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

OK, sorry, I thought it was obviously a joke but there's an English character who just randomly peppers her sentences with English. This is not really a translation at all.
My response wasn't serious!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Why would you play with my heart like this?! ;_;

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

If a localisation of DGS is in the works, what's the next big event or such where Cap com might reveal it?
If you're talking Capcom themselves.. uh.. E3 next year I guess? They wouldn't announce a US localization at TGS. If it was coming this year we'd already know about it, so it's E3 or bust next year.

And by bust I mean "Ace Attorney is dead in America again"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This is gonna be some harsh times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

oopsie rock posted:

My response wasn't serious!

Oh, OK. Duh. :downs:

I saw your post and then a bunch of posts underneath asking when the localization was going to be talked about so I thought perhaps I was being misunderstood.

• Locked thread