Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Demo 2 is now live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My mom just adpoted a poorly trained 7 year old Boston and he always wants to play, and he will look up at you and bark when he wants attention and he has the exact same face as when Iggy slinks away from the party during the D'arby fight in the original OVA.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Keep him away from washed up 90s rappers if you want to keep a dog

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eyes of Heaven demo 2 quick impressions.

It's more responsive to play and actually improved so that's good. The game doesn't slow down when you gang up on someone and HP bars don't really feel that inflated so the fights feel about the right length to me at about a minute a fight.
There's not much depth to the game at all, it's still spammy and it doesn't seem to make much difference whether you play measured or not. I got bored of playing it after like 30 minutes though and I generally don't really get so bored of playing new things to put them down so quickly so maybe that's damning. I didn't try online fights because meh. I don't think I'll fire it back up until there's menu translations and such to see if there's anything I really missed.

Characters:
Jonathan and Dio (Part 1) both feel similar to play because they're simply similar types of fighter and they just sort of fight like Stand users do without using their stand. Ripple and Vampire is boring, who'd a thunk!
Kars is neat. It's quite fun to fly around as Ultimate Kars and his moves are quite fun.
I didn't play as Kakyoin because I was bored by the time I got to him.
N'Doul is interesting but it's hard to navigate with him on the Cairo rooftops map. Geb does do a lot of damage and it's considerably quicker than players. He's a pain in the arse to fight against the AI with and he seems to have a lot of defensive options. Feels like he's going to be OP if not balanced well.
Jotaro plays the same as Demo 1 for the most part, but now you can stop time with R1. It uses the anime sound/graphic effect. That's pretty neat.

Graphically, it's not good (maybe a bit better now) but it does look quite a bit better than watching footage of it. It'd be a lot nicer if it were 60fps to compensate but it's not. They started using the DualShock 4 speaker for game audio too so it sounds awful off the bat. Mute your DS4.

It's not night and day between the two versions but the game does feel enjoyable enough now that it might be worth picking up in the bargain bin, if only because it's going to have so many different characters to play with. £20 is about fair based on this so far.
I'd still say that the Naruto Storm games are better in every way.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 17, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki's preview image of JoJolion 42 (43?). The next one.

http://www.araki-jojo.com/942/

e: Decided to capture a short video of the best part of the demo. The Time Stop. It's too short to be satisfying though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ycots_za-warudo_videogames

e: More new JoJo newsy things.
Kira, Shigechi and Akira confirmed for Eyes of Heaven.
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-heaven-adds-shigekiyo-akira-yoshikage

JoJolion spoiler info (probably from the new tankobon, but possibly the new chapter instead. RE: Stand name)
Jobin's stand is called Speed King

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 17, 2015

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Aurain posted:

Araki's preview image of JoJolion 42 (43?). The next one.

http://www.araki-jojo.com/942/

Hard to read because it's small, but sounds like they're headed for Josefumi's house.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
re-reading part 5 with the new english scans has made me appreciate it even more.

I like how a lot of the fights play around with the general paradigm of how stand fights worked in parts 3/4. In those the stand user bad guy tends to be in a position of smug superiority for about 80% of the fight while the good guy(s) come up with a bunch of spur of the moment bullshit to survive, before finally getting the upper hand proper.

meanwhile in part 5 a lot of the fights have a real back and forth aspect to them, with the bad guys being the ones that have to come up with insane last minute tricks to buy a few more seconds of survival just as often if not more as the good guys do.

I guess a large part of this is that part 5 is really loving gory compared to those two, so you can have stuff like abbachio desperately cutting off his own hand so get the upper hand, only for man in the mirror to counter, only for giorno to have actually poisoned himself with a deadly virus (and by proxy everyone else), requiring man in the mirror to desperately cut of his OWN hand to escape from the virus.

I'm kinda rambling here but it just feels a lot more visceral and dynamic than "you finally figured out my gimmick, now I am punched and defeated", something later parts have gone back to a bit.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 17, 2015

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

darealkooky posted:

re-reading part 5 with the new english scans has made me appreciate it even more.

Can you share the link? Or who are the ones doing it....? I know it's somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it. I ask, because there are two Spanish translators, and the decent ones didn't translate certain chapters. So it's jumping from good to very,very bad translations.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
it's on batoto, they're up to near the end of man in the mirror and have done everything that wasn't already done by shizuka or whatever their name is

it's by a group called jojo's colored adventure apparently but I can't find a convenient link on their site, so I've just been checking batoto every week or so

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

darealkooky posted:

it's on batoto, they're up to near the end of man in the mirror

it's by a group called jojo's colored adventure apparently but I can't find a convenient link on their site, so I've just been checking batoto every week or so

Thank you, may the Aztec Gods of Fitness give you lots of gains.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, they skipped parts of Narancia doing stuff with Aerosmith for the first time and only just added the missing chapters with their most recent updates. Unfortunately, that was a week ago but looking at the uploads, their update schedule (for Vento Aureo) HAS been very sporadic anyway. They seem to be focusing more on Diamond is Unbreakable for the time being, which is fine in concept since DiU is Cool and Good.

But not fine to me, personally, since I was digging Aureo until I had to stop after Man in the Mirror. But Stone Ocean is also Cool and Good so I can't complain too much.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
About how far into part 5 is Man in the Mirror anyways? Been holding off on it for a while. I'm sure the ETA for the whole thing is like 3 years or something right?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Man in the Mirror isn't too far in, iirc. I think it's before Trish is introduced.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Normie Slayer posted:

Man in the Mirror isn't too far in, iirc. I think it's before Trish is introduced.

It's a little after. 2nd fight after she comes in, when they're getting the key from the dog mosaic.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Part 5 can basically be divided up into three acts, of which Man in the Mirror is the second fight of the second, longest act.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda spitballing it here, but I'd say that Man in the Mirror is about a third of the way in.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The latest Vento Aureo chapter by Jojo's Colored Adventure & TMNBE Scans, the second-to-last chapter of Man in the Mirror, is the 44th out of 149 chapters in total which is about 29.53% of all the chapters :goonsay:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The scans that confirmed Kira and some more Part 4 characters for EoH yesterday also supposedly confirm a story mode.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Haven't played the demo myself yet but from what others are saying, EoH has improved dramatically since the last build. I'm looking more and more forward to this game.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Promos for the next arc they're adapting! The new artstyle looks weird though...

https://youtu.be/wb_60F8kBmc

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

darealkooky posted:

I like how a lot of the fights play around with the general paradigm of how stand fights worked in parts 3/4. In those the stand user bad guy tends to be in a position of smug superiority for about 80% of the fight while the good guy(s) come up with a bunch of spur of the moment bullshit to survive, before finally getting the upper hand proper.

meanwhile in part 5 a lot of the fights have a real back and forth aspect to them, with the bad guys being the ones that have to come up with insane last minute tricks to buy a few more seconds of survival just as often if not more as the good guys do.

I guess a large part of this is that part 5 is really loving gory compared to those two, so you can have stuff like abbachio desperately cutting off his own hand so get the upper hand, only for man in the mirror to counter, only for giorno to have actually poisoned himself with a deadly virus (and by proxy everyone else), requiring man in the mirror to desperately cut of his OWN hand to escape from the virus.

I'm kinda rambling here but it just feels a lot more visceral and dynamic than "you finally figured out my gimmick, now I am punched and defeated", something later parts have gone back to a bit.

I really liked that in Vento Aureo as well. Stuff like the fight on the train with aging Stand guy and fishing pole man, where both sides get to have the upper hand pretty evenly, or the final King Crimson fight where Diavolo is actually in a pretty desperate situation a lot of the time.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice on the Part 5 translations, by the way. I did enjoy it quite a bit all the way through despite the old scans, although some parts were a bit confusing due to the shaky translations. Liked it well enough as is, but I think I will enjoy it a good bit more with proper translations or, hopefully, in animation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I miss this guy. :(

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Promos for the next arc they're adapting! The new artstyle looks weird though...

https://youtu.be/wb_60F8kBmc

This owns a whole dang lot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion 45 photo raws.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3904901441?fr=frs

Rock twins attack, set Karera on fire, Gappy puts her out (I assume this reveals to her that he's no longer Josefumi), Looks like Gappy starts fist fighting one of the clones and gets choked.

http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/jojolion045.html
Impressions post from the person who uploads them monthly.

e: The thing that confirmed a story mode for EoH apparently says that Araki is personally overseeing it. No Paid DLC either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-98toujFzTk

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 19, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Does part 6 have good, full translations? Or do I need to skip it too, and go to part 7?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

Does part 6 have good, full translations? Or do I need to skip it too, and go to part 7?

The translation is good, though some of the scans are a bit dodgy. Though you don't need to skip any JoJo; Vento Aureo manages to be cool and entertaining despite the translation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I only read jojolion until I think they defeated the guy in the room above. How far on has it got since then? I'm mostly thinking about just waiting until its finished and reading it all in one go

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Jose posted:

I only read jojolion until I think they defeated the guy in the room above. How far on has it got since then? I'm mostly thinking about just waiting until its finished and reading it all in one go

I have read all of Jojolion and I have no idea how far the story has progressed. It will likely be no more coherent when it is complete. Jojolion is not a narrative. It is an experience that is filtered through the hands of an undying Aztec rock groupie.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Jose posted:

youre gonna be waiting a long loving time

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Jose posted:

We're still less than half way through, if it ends up being about as long as SBR. Read it, it's good.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

I'm with you, I can't really follow month to month like that. I generally wait six months at least before picking it back up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We're probably in the second third now, but not too far in.

- We know who Josuke is on both sides
- We have an overarching goal, the Rokakaka
- We have someone who may be the big bad.
- We have consistent enemies of a specific type
- We have a crew forming and several characters on Josuke's side

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we're gonna find out that the main antagonist gappy must defeat is his attachment to his previous lives, thus freeing him to forge his own destiny as the gap-toothed weirdo with 4 nads that he is

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, it might very well be that we already have the big bad with our bug fighter dude. Could be very interesting, he's really cool, silly AND menacing!

All that's left is figuring out how his abilities could be time-related in the end...

Clearly, it's inducing the heat death of the universe

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

No lie, entropy control is just the kind of insane Stand power befitting a final boss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latest tankobon release apparently says that Speed King raises temperature by causing friction on a molecular level. If true, I guess this confirms that the swiping motion is required.

Frictional heat death of the universe, JoJo universe 3 begins!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Aurain posted:

The latest tankobon release apparently says that Speed King raises temperature by causing friction on a molecular level. If true, I guess this confirms that the swiping motion is required.

Frictional heat death of the universe, JoJo universe 3 begins!

And he uses it to great effect cheating in insect duels.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bina posted:

My friend hasn't seen JoJo, and I keep telling her her pup looks like Iggy.

Make her take him to the beach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

IGGY