Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'm in for one. Love kitsch like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

ORRRRRDERED! WOOT!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

In for one, thanks!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo 15 of you motherfuckers have ordered already. Jesus. Time to go buy more bubble mailers.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

God dammit. This is why I can't have nice things. Officially have curb rash on a rim. I feel like throwing up. :cry:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You can use usps to ship to the UK. You'll have to fill out a tiny customs form but you can do it if you are not fully retarded.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Put my money where my mouth was and ordered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This just went up for sale locally.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How much did you get it for?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

How much did you get it for?

He wants $2K. I've just started a ramen diet because I want new wheels, tires and suspension for the Miata. I seriously just realized I've spent $600 on Jimmy Johns this loving year and could have knocked out new wheels by now had I not wasted money on subpar sandwiches. If I could get my plastic-robot habit under control I could probably own a GTR by next year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God dammit. This is why I can't have nice things. Officially have curb rash on a rim. I feel like throwing up. :cry:

I curbed one of my powdercoated wheels so let me tell you about feeling like poo poo. I have to have it redone at some point

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Holy loving poo poo newguy that doesnt know his rear end from a hole in the ground is making 10 an hour and I'm sitting on 8.9. I'm about ready to walk out.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Previa_fun posted:

God dammit, I'm trying to buy an opener but I keep getting the message:

"We're sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using card Visa x-xxxx, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please enter a new card to continue payment."

Any ideas?

It's an odd checkout page, make sure you're putting Credit Card info into the Credit Card tab instead of the default Debit Card tab.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

I seriously just realized I've spent $600 on Jimmy Johns this loving year and could have knocked out new wheels by now had I not wasted money on subpar sandwiches.

Could have been worse... like Subway.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Previa_fun posted:

God dammit, I'm trying to buy an opener but I keep getting the message:

"We're sorry, but we couldn't complete your purchase using card Visa x-xxxx, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please enter a new card to continue payment."

Any ideas?
Call your card support number to find out why its getting denied.
Or try a different card.

I'll skip ordering, let somebody who wants one more grab it.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Call your card support number to find out why its getting denied.
Or try a different card.

I'll skip ordering, let somebody who wants one more grab it.

Yeah, it looks like this is what I'll have to do tomorrow. drat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Could have been worse... like Subway.

Honestly Subway is so much cheaper it would have been better. But then I remember I got food poisoning the last time I ate there and my stomach cramps up a bit.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

meatpimp posted:

It's an odd checkout page, make sure you're putting Credit Card info into the Credit Card tab instead of the default Debit Card tab.

It instantly threw me over to Paypal when I checked out. Did I do something wrong?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't know? You can also just paypal me at klintor@gmail.com with your shipping address in the notes if the page is being fucky.

Not counting the two I'm holding aside for later, there are 10 left.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Honestly Subway is so much cheaper it would have been better. But then I remember I got food poisoning the last time I ate there and my stomach cramps up a bit.

Every time I eat Subway I poo poo myself. I always think "Maybe it will be different this time"

Nope.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

He wants $2K. I've just started a ramen diet because I want new wheels, tires and suspension for the Miata. I seriously just realized I've spent $600 on Jimmy Johns this loving year and could have knocked out new wheels by now had I not wasted money on subpar sandwiches. If I could get my plastic-robot habit under control I could probably own a GTR by next year.

Start selling everything you don't need in your house. That car is non negotiable.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Every time I eat Subway I poo poo myself. I always think "Maybe it will be different this time"

Nope.

Yea same here. Most people say that about Taco Bell but that doesnt bother me. Subway always makes me poo poo my rear end off.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

After spending pretty much the whole of the last two days in my miata, I'm ready for my old focus back. I just can't take it anymore. I can't believe I'm even looking at focus hatches, but goddamnit, that car struck a chord with me for how useful and nice it was. want. Even if it has that loathesome dps6, if it's had its recalls done it'll be perfectly fine. gently caress, I'm so stupid for selling my old funkus.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Learn how to cook and make you own sandwiches, seriously it's not hard and will save you a ton of money.

Every time I eat out it amazes me how loving expensive it is so I rarely do it anymore.

Also whatever you do don't get RPF1's for your Miata because they look horrible on NCs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Learn how to cook and make you own sandwiches, seriously it's not hard and will save you a ton of money.

Every time I eat out it amazes me how loving expensive it is so I rarely do it anymore.

Also whatever you do don't get RPF1's for your Miata because they look horrible on NCs.

I know how to cook! It's about convenience. I took a crate or ramen to work to try and avoid takeout for a while.

I have no idea what as far as wheels honestly, I might just dip the stockers white like I did on the 6 because white wheels > all other wheels.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I know how to cook! It's about convenience. I took a crate or ramen to work to try and avoid takeout for a while.

Well then stop being lazy and cook your own meals? Ramen is the worst possible poo poo to put in your body, jesus.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

leica posted:

Seriously. I eat out when it is either going to be so amazing and I can't cook it well or don't have the equipment to do it well or more often, when I don't want to clean up afterwards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Well then stop being lazy and cook your own meals? Ramen is the worst possible poo poo to put in your body, jesus.

I don't have time to prep lunches to eat at work, I have like 20 minutes to eat on Tuesdays. We cook at home 75% of the time, this is just for lunch on Tuesday and Fridays.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

leica posted:

Nonsense, it covers the starch, carbs, and sodium food groups quite well, all you need to do is get the beer, sugar, red meat, and caffeine groups squared away and you are all set

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

^^^^ lol

Rhyno posted:

I don't have time to prep lunches to eat at work, I have like 20 minutes to eat on Tuesdays. We cook at home 75% of the time, this is just for lunch on Tuesday and Fridays.

I work 50 hours a week and manage to prep my meals, I do it ahead of time on my days off. And making a sandwich takes five minutes tops if that's all you're eating. It's not difficult or time consuming, you just have to get into a groove of doing it all the time and it's second nature. Way cheaper and way healthier.

El Jebus posted:

Seriously. I eat out when it is either going to be so amazing and I can't cook it well or don't have the equipment to do it well or more often, when I don't want to clean up afterwards.

Same here. So many restaurants are disappointing, it sucks when you have to shell out 50 bucks for a mediocre meal when you could have fed yourself much better for a week for that much.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Unless your in California, Inn and Out doesn't exist. Which totally sucks, because those are some good burgers Walter. (seriously, they are good)

We have a whole bunch of them now around the DFW Texas area. They're pretty good, and reasonably cheap, but they're not the Holy Grail of burgers I was told they were.
Locally, I like Twisted Root. They're tasty patties, and put all kinds of whatever you want on them. I like bacon, Bleu cheese, and an egg, over easy. They also brew their own root beer, different varieties, and make pickles, Ranch, dill and Atomic (hot). Kinda pricey, though.
5 Guys is fine, though. I like the Cajun fries.

The Locator posted:

There are a bunch of In and Out's in Phoenix now, so apparently they are creeping east. Also, I agree that Whataburger is pretty good, and they are all over Phoenix too.

If you want to spend way too drat much for a burger, there are always Ruby Tuesday's and Fuddruckers (although Fuddruckers has Buffalo burgers that are pretty tasty - but still overpriced).

Yeah, Ruby Tuesday and Fuddruckers work, too. Twisted Root used to advertise a whole bunch of exotics, like Kangaroo, Allligator, and Ostrich, but I guess they couldn't get them reliably, so no more.
Whataburger and Wendy's are fine for cheap burgers, and Steak 'n' Shake is good, too.
Caveat: I am not difficult to please, food-wise.

Great Beer posted:

God bless those little Bluetooth ODBII things. Turned an evening of fretting over a check engine light into five minutes of googling to learn I didn't tighten my gas cap enough. :toot:

Did that myself a while back on the P71. :feelsgood:

T1g4h posted:

What a fun couple of weeks it's been. Got bit on the knee by a brown recluse, spent a week or so battling that with liberal doses of Icthammol salve, Bactrim and anti-inflammatory meds to reduce the swelling and keep the venom at bay. Finally able to put weight on that leg and bend my knee again, for a while it was so inflamed and hosed up that it was pretty much stuck in one position. So yeah, that sucked :v:

And now I have to decide if I really can drive to Austin in a week or so or if I'm gonna have to break the news to my friends that there's no way in hell i'm gonna make it. Normally I'd be all for it, but I don't have a spare for my Crown Vic thanks to letting a friend borrow it and having it disappear, and considering just last week or so I already had to deal with the consequences of that when I got a flat about 10 minutes from home... Yeah. I kinda feel like taking a car with no spare, no jack, and no lug wrench on a 14 hour trip out of my home state where i'd be totally on my own in the event of an emergency is a bad idea.

The good news is that you have a Crown Vic, one of the most common vehicles in the US. I bet you can get a correct-fitting spare with decent tread at any wrecking yard. Or, you know, get AAA for now.

kastein posted:

leica posted:

Nonsense, it covers the starch, carbs, and sodium food groups quite well, all you need to do is get the beer, sugar, red meat, and caffeine groups squared away and you are all set

That made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Yeah, there's no reason to eat lovely food.

Even in the summer I fire up the slow cooker and hunt down some good recipes online. Tonight the wife made that pioneer womans drip beef sandwiches. Super loving easy, throw a roast in the crock pot, some beef stock, water, sliced pepperoncini, (we threw in some caramelized onions too) let the crock pot do its magic for 6 hours. Its even better the next day.

plus bottom round roast is so cheap.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Was on the road a few days and am finally catching up on my bookmarked threads.

Argh, STR. I'm so sorry you're dealing with your mom's diagnosis and getting sick at the same time. Take care of yourself -- she needs you to be healthy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ramen is delicious, you guys are nuts.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

When I'm broke I buy the big bags of plain ramen pucks, some cheap lovely stewing meat and/or miso paste and those survival-grade frozen vegetables. Doesn't cost much more per serving than salty death ramen because the plain noodles are cheaper, but it tastes 10x better and won't kill you nearly as fast.
Also I'm adjusting to the whole 'taking sandwiches' thing (new job is 20 minutes away from the nearest restaurant and my break is 30), and tbh it takes less time than driving to a fast food joint and back at the old job, and if I don't feel like a sandwich I just make an extra portion at dinner and take leftovers.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 20, 2015

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Hit the wrecking yard earlier today.
Spent under $100, raiding a 2004 Merc Grand Marq, and got me the correct grey carpet, fabric seats front and rear (driver's front is powered, but I'll probably just use the non-power base from the P71 bucket), daylight sensor and upper dash panel for the autolamps (got the headlight switch a while back, from the same car), and the double sunvisors. Oh, and the underdash panels with courtesy lights.
Feel pretty good about that, but 4 hours in the Texas sun with nary a cloud to be seen, nor much of a breeze has put me on my rear end for the rest of the day, which suck, because I'd prefer to be cleaning up the haul to put in the cop car... Took plenty of water, so not dehydrated, and we rigged up a shade from the hood of the car to keep it off part of the time, but the humidity is still astounding. I had a boonie hat and one of those neck wraps that absorbs water and then tries to cool you. I sweat like a pig, which works great when it's dry and there's a breeze, but I was just soaking wet by the end of it, blue jeans included, and the neck wrap was just dripping.

Previous visit netted me an overhead console and the headliner to go with it, but I will need to repair a small part of the headliner and reupholster it before putting it in, along with Jesus handles (P71 has none) and rear dome light. Gonna trick out the interior of my cop-rod.

Exterior mods will probably be limited to late-model Mustang wheels and a touch of lowering. Maybe a Marauder trunk lip, in white. Already put in LED lighting all around, in and out.

I really like this car. It's comfortable for me, and pretty fast. Gas mileage is no worse than my old 4-banger Cherokee, and the AC is WAY better.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Ramen is delicious, you guys are nuts.

I like it kind of stir fried after it soaks, with some dried diced onions and garlic, plus soy sauce. Sometime a bouillon cube of the appropriate meat for more of that flavor.
So basically, I make it more noodles than soup, with extra stuff. Add scrambled eggs, if you dare.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

I like it kind of stir fried after it soaks, with some dried diced onions and garlic, plus soy sauce. Sometime a bouillon cube of the appropriate meat for more of that flavor.
So basically, I make it more noodles than soup, with extra stuff. Add scrambled eggs, if you dare.

When I eat it at home I toss in broccoli and a scrambled egg.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

When I eat it at home I toss in broccoli and a scrambled egg.

I can get behind that. But I am a fried rice man my self. Last week I made some steak fried rice from left over ribeyes we had. It was the poo poo. Sesame oil is key to good Asian cooking, though once we move, I would like to add a wok to my kitchen collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I already blew my bullshit budget this 2 week period, but hey, I asked you to pick me up a bottle opener and I'm not leaving you holding the bag on 'em. Thanks for picking 'em up! :toot:

• Locked thread