Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Patrick Roberts to Manchester City for £11mil is a DONE DEAL.

Does he have any chance at all of getting near the first team in the next five years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ape Gone Insane posted:

good move, ronaldo also came from a boy band and look at him now

I'm struggling to understand how a United fan can hate Ronaldo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hegay posted:

same, OP. I loving love our Ron

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hegay posted:

Well he didn't contribute to the fund to bring him home, I thought that was a little offensive

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
I was gonna go out on a limb and say that it's because that guy's a dipshit, but then again all man u fans are so that doesn't explain it!!!!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Breath Ray posted:

I Kurd care less tbh

*stands up, clears throat* I don't give a Kurd

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Does he have any chance at all of getting near the first team in the next five years?

I think you mean tjhis url: https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/622674756547026944

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
According to this guy:

Ibra will go to Milan, but PSG will only let him go after the French Super Cup has been played on August 1.

(yes, that picture is that dude's Twitter background)

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Who in the gently caress is Patrick Roberts?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Xabi posted:

18 year old English forward from Fulham who people thing is really good. He's done really well for the England youth teams. He's really small though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Let's hope they loan him out ASAP then or else he's hosed.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Xabi posted:

Let's hope they loan him out ASAP then or else he's hosed.

I think he'll play with the EDS for a year then get loaned out.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Xabi posted:

somebody whos gonna lay ontop of a big stash of money for several hours doing nothing

edit: sorry misread

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Real shame about Patrick Roberts, would've liked to see him step up to a team that would've given him a lot of starts, rather than Ross Turnbulling his career away.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Jose said there's no interest in Pedro, so looks like that's another one off to United.

Really don't get this window for Chelsea, they said they want to strengthen to compete in the CL but looks like that's buy buying a permacrock and human laundering young Brazilians who will never play for the first team.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i'm sure a couple of them will go up to him at the end of season party to thank him for scrubbing their boots all year

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

hadji murad posted:

Jose said there's no interest in Pedro, so looks like that's another one off to United.

Really don't get this window for Chelsea, they said they want to strengthen to compete in the CL but looks like that's buy buying a permacrock and human laundering young Brazilians who will never play for the first team.

Maybe Mourinho will actually start bringing in youth players for depthahahahaha

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Lmao

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Has anyone mentioned Anderlecht superstar Aleksander Mitrovic flying into Newcastle for his medical yet? £12.5m

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Buggerlugs posted:

Has anyone mentioned Anderlecht superstar Aleksander Mitrovic flying into Newcastle for his medical yet? £12.5m

There was even a blurry photo of him arriving at Newcastle airport

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
seems Stambouli to PSG is nearing completion

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tottenham have been pretty quiet so far and they're getting rid of quite a few players. Feel like they're putting an awful lot of faith in Kane being able to reproduce last season's effort.

So is everyone happy with their club's transfers so far?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ewar Woowar posted:

Tottenham have been pretty quiet so far and they're getting rid of quite a few players. Feel like they're putting an awful lot of faith in Kane being able to reproduce last season's effort.

Yes. :) I'll be even happier if City spend all the money on Pogba and possibly De Bruyne, and move Dzeko and Jovetic on.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Dzeko isnt going anywhere

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

African AIDS cum posted:

Dzeko isnt going anywhere

He's probably going to Roma, actually. Porto are in for him too, to replace Jackson Martinez.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wish we would bring in another good center back (not that I don't trust Caceres) and if we sell Vidal/Pogba, a talented midfielder with the money (but not all of it). Apart from that, I've been incredibly pleased. We've strengthened our attacking options so impressively, I'm shocked we didn't do it years ago. Guess the CL money helped.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Sandwolf posted:

I wish we would bring in another good center back (not that I don't trust Caceres) and if we sell Vidal/Pogba, a talented midfielder with the money (but not all of it). Apart from that, I've been incredibly pleased. We've strengthened our attacking options so impressively, I'm shocked we didn't do it years ago. Guess the CL money helped.

I just realized that Tevez went home. Do you think he's been properly replaced?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

pik_d posted:

I just realized that Tevez went home. Do you think he's been properly replaced?

Between Mandzukic (unproven in Italy, but basically a better Llorente), Dybala (a talented, young, creative attacking player proven in Serie A with assists and goals), and Zaza (another creative talented young player kinda proven in Serie A), I trust we will have no issues scoring goals. Especially alongside Morata, who blew me away during our CL run. Llorente also, technically, hasn't been moved along yet.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Between Mandzukic (unproven in Italy, but basically a better Llorente), Dybala (a talented, young, creative attacking player proven in Serie A with assists and goals), and Zaza (another creative talented young player kinda proven in Serie A), I trust we will have no issues scoring goals. Especially alongside Morata, who blew me away during our CL run. Llorente also, technically, hasn't been moved along yet.

Losing both Vidal and Pirlo has to sting though. Who's likely to play instead? Midfield three of Pogba, Pereya, Sturaro? What ever happened to Asamoah?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ewar Woowar posted:

Losing both Vidal and Pirlo has to sting though. Who's likely to play instead? Midfield three of Pogba, Pereya, Sturaro? What ever happened to Asamoah?

Pogba's leaving too mate. They picked up Khedira though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ewar Woowar posted:

Now now now there have been a lot of rumors about Pogba and Vidal but nothing confirmed even if Bayern has come sniffing.

Asamoah is good, Lichsteiner are good. Pereyra had a great first season with us. Marchisio is one of my favorite players. Sturaro has shown some promise. Pirlo is a big loss but I think being able to have a more speedy midfield could benefit us overall. I hope we don't lose both Pogba and Vidal unless it's for crazy money!

e: I have low expectations for Khedira. Low.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ah yeah, forgot about Marchisio, he's real good.

Vidal is all but gone isn't he?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ewar Woowar posted:

Ah yeah, forgot about Marchisio, he's real good.

Vidal is all but gone isn't he?

I've seen a bunch of rumors but I don't know if anything real has gone through besides Bayern making public their interest in buying him.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sandwolf posted:

I've seen a bunch of rumors but I don't know if anything real has gone through besides Bayern making public their interest in buying him.

So far Arturo still is in vacation, which should end come Monday and then fly in for a medical check this week (if there's substance to the rumours).

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

rats off to ya posted:

Maybe Mourinho will actually start bringing in youth players for depthahahahaha

Ake's time to shine!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Ake's time to shine!

Who was the last youth player that got regular minutes?

Also aren't Kala and that Danish centre back supposed to be great? With Cahill, Terry, Zouma and Ivanovic do you really need to buy Stones?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

hadji murad posted:

Ake's time to shine!

For Leicester/Newcastle/Watford on loan. The real test will be who he puts in for garbage minutes, RLC or Mikel...

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who was the last youth player that got regular minutes?

JT

quote:

Also aren't Kala and that Danish centre back supposed to be great? With Cahill, Terry, Zouma and Ivanovic do you really need to buy Stones?

Terry will retire and Cahill struggles at times (mostly because he plays next to Iva who plays really far up the pitch) so I think Stones could be a good replacement and it would be nice for the replacement to get some mentoring time from JT so now is the year.

Zouma needs more time, from what I saw of him stats wise he's good at defending but didn't move the ball a lot. He's really good though.

Kalas played excellently in a certain game two seasons ago which I'm sure you'll remember. Then he was at Boro last year and now again. I don't get it, he looked good.

Christensen is the Dane he's at a German club this year. He featured in I think two games last year, one the FA cup spanking from Bradford. He'll eventually be sold just like Kalas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

rats off to ya posted:

For Leicester/Newcastle/Watford on loan. The real test will be who he puts in for garbage minutes, RLC or Mikel...

Mikel of course.

• Locked thread