Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

CampingCarl posted:

Edit those vegan cartoons to replace 'carnist' with 'pro-choice'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardline_(subculture)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Smiling Knight posted:

My understanding is that variations of Protestantism are growing (or in some cases have remained) very popular with China's ethnic minorities.

I think the opposite of this is actually the case? Christianity is still relatively small in China but growing faster among the Chinese themselves than among the Tibetans, Uyghurs, and Mongols. Xining, for example, is basically teeming with foreign missionaries in disguise as English teachers and cafe owners, but they're kinda infamous for having basically 0 converts between them.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

drat that's good.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014
I wonder how Kirschen feels about the Iran nuclear agreement?

Again?

Kischen posted:

We've been there before!
Back in 1994 President Bill Clinton explained how his agreement with North Korea would prevent them from developing nukes.
At the time the New York Times reported:

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21, 1994
— Following are excerpts from President Clinton's White House news conference today:
"Before I take your questions, I'd like to say just a word about the framework with North Korea that Ambassador Gallucci signed this morning. This is a good deal for the United States.
North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program. South Korea and our other allies will be better protected. The entire world will be safer as we slow the spread of nuclear weapons.
South Korea, with support from Japan and other nations, will bear most of the cost of providing North Korea with fuel to make up for the nuclear energy it is losing, and they will pay for an alternative power system for North Korea that will allow them to produce electricity while making it much harder for them to produce nuclear weapons.
The United States and international inspectors will carefully monitor North Korea to make sure it keeps its commitments. Only as it does so will North Korea fully join the community of nations." -more

Help us empower a new generation of activist cartoonists through the Online Dry Bones Academy of Cartoon Advocacy: http://igg.me/at/drybonescartoon
Labels: agreement, America, Bill Clinton, Clinton, Iran, North Korea, Nukes

Fools

Kischen posted:

We've been there before!
Churchill had so accurately and wisely condemned the Munich Agreement with the Nazis. Ironically it was then Winston Churchill himself who would became the Prime Minister to lead Britain through the terrible war years that followed the foolish agreement. His words of warning seem to speak directly now to America's current weakling leaders and to the sheep who follow them.
Labels: agreement, America, Churchill, Iran, Nazi, Nukes, War

What Happens Next?

Kischen posted:

Today a friend asked me what I thought "happens next".
Today's cartoon is my answer.
Join the Dry Bones team:
http://igg.me/at/drybones
Labels: agreement, America, Iran, Nukes, Obama, War

Surprisingly subdued for Kirschen.

Additionally, I love that he feels he needs to put a link to his six month old indiegogo campaign in every blog post. A link he doesn't even get right half of the time. Does anyone know what he was actually trying to accomplish with that campaign?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Is it just me, or does Churchill look like the world's biggest baby with the way he's traced over the photo?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is it just me, or does Churchill look like the world's biggest baby with the way he's traced over the photo?
What is even worse is that eye. He looks like a damaged terminator.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Dr Cheeto posted:

World's biggest baby with a bad combover.

Well, second-biggest.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Acropolis posted:

Additionally, I love that he feels he needs to put a link to his six month old indiegogo campaign in every blog post. A link he doesn't even get right half of the time. Does anyone know what he was actually trying to accomplish with that campaign?

The death of all Arabs and/or freedom of Jonathan Pollard.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

The death of all Arabs and/or freedom of Jonathan Pollard.

Extermination of Turks, Persians, and basically everyone who isn't a Jewish Israeli in the middle east as well.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Extermination of Turks, Persians, and basically everyone who isn't a Jewish Israeli in the middle east as well.

And any Jewish Israelis who don't agree with him.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Flectarn posted:

it's not sane

"Boy, it sure would be nice if women didn't get pregnant unless they wanted to."
"That's insane!"

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Jurgan posted:

"Boy, it sure would be nice if women didn't get pregnant unless they wanted to."
"That's insane!"

It will never happen IRL, and it's retarded to talk about it as if it has any relevance to real life

Don't be willfully dense

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The Larch posted:

And any Jewish Israelis who don't agree with him.

Basically the annihilation of all human life bar about six dozen Jews.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jurgan posted:

"That's insane!"

it is also possible to change one's mind

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Acropolis posted:

I wonder how Kirschen feels about the Iran nuclear agreement?

What Happens Next?

Surprisingly subdued for Kirschen.

Oh the Americans, when have they ever given Israel military aid?

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israe...ran-deal-report

How exactly do the Israelis expect Iran to project military power to Israel anyway?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh the Americans, when have they ever given Israel military aid?

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israe...ran-deal-report

How exactly do the Israelis expect Iran to project military power to Israel anyway?

Some suicide bombers are Muslim, therefore all Muslims are suicide bombers. Iran is Muslim, therefore Iran will suicidally nuke Israel as soon as it gets the chance. It's just simple logic!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

God help me, but I laughed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

We're gonna murder a man. :smug:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Normally (and sadly) I can parse what Muir is trying to convey. I am not so sure on this one unless it is actually about to turn into 'The Most Dangerous Game starring Anthony Weiner'.

Grapeshot
Oct 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

That's what the photo looks like too, the photographer took Churchills cigar away right before snapping it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

That's a strawman. The darker-skinned woman is saying indefensible poo poo (:ironicat:) so that in the "200 years later" situation, her spiritual ancestor's every argument can be assumed to be indefensible poo poo as well.

But the thing is that phrasing is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to his point, because if you DON'T frame it as that it doesn't line up with abortion the way he wants it to.The entire comparison hinges on the idea that slavery is like abortion, so in order to frame pro-slavery as pro-choice, you have to equate their arguments, but doing so like this requires that you pretend that the victims of slavery do not have the capacity to form an opinion against it in the same way as the "victims" of abortion.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Not a bad joke, McCoy. I'll give you that one.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Acropolis posted:

What Happens Next?

Hmm, what visual imagery will best represent my concern that we will be drawn into war with Iran, abandoned by our allies the US?
I know - me, using my computermajig!

Mister Adequate posted:

God help me, but I laughed.

It's a pretty funny joke without all the usual hateful poo poo :shrug:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's my birthday, so enjoy Netanyahu eating delicious fear cake.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rorus Raz posted:

It's my birthday, so enjoy Netanyahu eating delicious fear cake.

Looks like a carpet sample, honestly.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

And having made some vague burn against Obama's America he stood up to put his head directly in the line of fire

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Iron Rose posted:

pretty sure that I didn't say abortions cause PTSD, nor am I sure how saying that "Some women feel sad or conflicted after they get an abortion" means that actually, all those hours I've spent campaigning for the right to choose were a lie and i'm actually a pro-lifer deep down but ok then

E: Pretty sure you're also using a much more strict definition of "psychological" than I am

I don't doubt you're pro-choice, but I'm starting to doubt all those hours you've spent campaigning with how dense you are being about this. The greater context here is that most allegations of mental distress post-abortion are part of a long running propaganda campaign by pro-lifers. Softer-sells talk about how people feel depressed and anxious afterwords, hard ones go into the fake disorder known as Post Abortion Syndrome which is basically abortion will give you PTSD, here are some totally real and not coerced testimonials saying so. The whole thing has been successful enough that it's not uncommon to find even pro-abortion people repeating it which is why I always mention how it's a big fat lie when discussing the relative health and safety of abortion. Could have laid it out better in the first post, will do next time we have some grand abortion derail to pick at each other over.
I thought I'd throw in some abortion cartoons to at least somewhat get back on topic, but in looking for them I found Jim Huber's Politically Correct. He's kind of a much weaker Asay, loves Bush, hates taxes and has a big frowny face about bad sex things.

Toddler leashes should not be that long.

Children of Men is a documentary.

Minors do need confidentiality when it comes to reproductive health because of the very real threat of assault by a parent or guardian. If only we didn't live in such a prudish, sex-negative cul...

Small credit that this is not a gay couple.

Absent fathers: a thing that exists.

He's got some dumb ones about race, immigration, and the terrorism if anyone is interested. Also all the 'shakes fist at taxman!' toons you could possibly want.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Consider: The first panel is intended to depict a man with a typical head taking a break from shooting a shotgun. The rightmost panel is intended to depict two men, each with the typical number of limbs, taking a break from shooting a shotgun (one of them apparently a Remington).

It is weird how this guy consistently fetishizes Real Men activities but doesn't actually look at them for some kind of visual reference. The trap shooting / skeet shooting joke attempt also has me thinking he doesn't know what those two things are, as he seems to at best have them backwards.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

And having made some vague burn against Obama's America he stood up to put his head directly in the line of fire

"DYING FOR OBAMA'S GUN CONTROL PROFITS!"

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

drat, McCoy's art is never great, but this is... something else entirely. Did he have a stroke or something?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

there wolf posted:

I don't doubt you're pro-choice, but I'm starting to doubt all those hours you've spent campaigning with how dense you are being about this. The greater context here is that most allegations of mental distress post-abortion are part of a long running propaganda campaign by pro-lifers. Softer-sells talk about how people feel depressed and anxious afterwords, hard ones go into the fake disorder known as Post Abortion Syndrome which is basically abortion will give you PTSD, here are some totally real and not coerced testimonials saying so. The whole thing has been successful enough that it's not uncommon to find even pro-abortion people repeating it which is why I always mention how it's a big fat lie when discussing the relative health and safety of abortion. Could have laid it out better in the first post, will do next time we have some grand abortion derail to pick at each other over.
I thought I'd throw in some abortion cartoons to at least somewhat get back on topic, but in looking for them I found Jim Huber's Politically Correct. He's kind of a much weaker Asay, loves Bush, hates taxes and has a big frowny face about bad sex things.

Toddler leashes should not be that long.

Children of Men is a documentary.

Minors do need confidentiality when it comes to reproductive health because of the very real threat of assault by a parent or guardian. If only we didn't live in such a prudish, sex-negative cul...

Small credit that this is not a gay couple.

Absent fathers: a thing that exists.

He's got some dumb ones about race, immigration, and the terrorism if anyone is interested. Also all the 'shakes fist at taxman!' toons you could possibly want.

These characters all look like Jon Arbuckle and it's freaking me out.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheMaskedChemist posted:

drat, McCoy's art is never great, but this is... something else entirely. Did he have a stroke or something?

It would be the height of poor taste to say we can only hope but yeah only if we're really lucky.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

I love what this cartoon implies.

EVERY SINGLE BABY WAS ABORTED AFTER ABORTION WAS LEGALIZED! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!!!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mister Beeg posted:

EVERY SINGLE BABY WAS ABORTED AFTER ABORTION WAS LEGALIZED! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!!!

You'd think the elementary school teachers alone would start loving like jack rabbits so they'd still have a job.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

eviltastic posted:

Consider: The first panel is intended to depict a man with a typical head taking a break from shooting a shotgun. The rightmost panel is intended to depict two men, each with the typical number of limbs, taking a break from shooting a shotgun (one of them apparently a Remington).

It is weird how this guy consistently fetishizes Real Men activities but doesn't actually look at them for some kind of visual reference. The trap shooting / skeet shooting joke attempt also has me thinking he doesn't know what those two things are, as he seems to at best have them backwards.

Hmm, I think you're right. This insane man's retarded fantasy about having a movie star cowboy dad and running a men's club in the middle of nowhere where he forces his imaginary wife and strawsister-in-law to parade semi-nude and threatens to shoot his guests to no negative consequence just isn't holding together.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

TheMaskedChemist posted:

That's fairly typical for Gary McCoy. Glenn's the one who has actual artistic talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mister Beeg posted:

I am posting ~from the graaaaaaaaave~ 👻

I too will never forget when they moved Father's Day to the same day as Mother's Day.

• Locked thread