Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Yeah, just think of yellow sparks as class sparks that can be used for any class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Thern posted:

The alchemist has the goofiest walk during battle, it's incredible.

Seriously. You just bound along like a demented rabbit.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

To clarify what people mean when they say "unlock every node" for a class:

You only need to unlock ALL talents and abilities for a class to unlock the symbol slots, the symbol, the costume, and for you to start gaining sparks of evolution. You don't need to get every single stat node to get all that stuff.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

FoolishLobster posted:

To clarify what people mean when they say "unlock every node" for a class:

You only need to unlock ALL talents and abilities for a class to unlock the symbol slots, the symbol, the costume, and for you to start gaining sparks of evolution. You don't need to get every single stat node to get all that stuff.

Yeah, I wish I knew that earlier. When my paladin symbol popped up after I wasted so many sparks filling out the side things that I didn't have to I felt kind of stupid.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Schubalts posted:

Paladin's talents are pretty silly in how much they improve your killing speed. All my normal attacks deal 220% damage and give a stacking move speed buff (30% max)? My last normal hit does 400% damage if the target is under 40% hp? Seal of Light does 215% damage to everything over 80% hp? 20% more damage for the first 12 seconds of a fight? A boss's first two bars might as well not exist, and after that I deal more damage just spamming left-click unless I have Impulse up.

Still slower than something like Berserker, but everything goes so much faster now.

What prestige are you? I'd like to main Paladin because I think the combat is super fun and it seems like everyone else is going for other classes and well, someone has to tank right? I'd like to see your build thus far, but I'm not entirely sure how posting a build would even work since there are so many factors that go into building a class. :psyduck: Anyways, a bit of insight would be rad.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I'm only 2800 but so far you don't seem to need a tank. The hardest fights are trash pulls and those are dealt with best by massive AoEs.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
If you're 2800 you haven't played any of the 5-man content; you need tanks for that. You can do whatever in adventures.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So is there any place to report bugs?

I just unlocked a talent for necro that adds a dot to wall of pain.

But it doesnt. It places a debuff on the target for 2 seconds but does no damage.

It also places a 20 second debuff on the target which i have no idea why or how. I have 0 abilities that should do that, and it has the same symbol of wall of pain.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

There's a bug report section on the official forum.

Note that some tooltips are mistranslated or translated based on older iterations of the talent. Some talents may be working as intended but have a tooltip that doesn't match what is intended.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

What prestige are you? I'd like to main Paladin because I think the combat is super fun and it seems like everyone else is going for other classes and well, someone has to tank right? I'd like to see your build thus far, but I'm not entirely sure how posting a build would even work since there are so many factors that go into building a class. :psyduck: Anyways, a bit of insight would be rad.

I'm at 2800. For my rings I've gone all-in with Strength/Luck. My upper atlas is just nodes on the auto-path to Witch. There's not much to it.

Talents: Rage of Light, Determination, Blame, Shattering Shield, Zeal, Shrine Protector. Gonna fit Luminance in there, once I get another slot.

Abilities are all the basic Paladin ones, but with Aegis of Light 2 and Holy Ground 2.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Thanks! I see what the difference is now, I stunted myself by grabbing every single node in my paladin atlas because I was unaware that I just needed the talents. :( Hopefully having a 100% filled atlas will benefit me in some way later on.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Is Mare Sacro Monastery poorly tuned or are people just really terrible at this game?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Xae posted:

Is Mare Sacro Monastery poorly tuned or are people just really terrible at this game?

A little of both, important thing to understand is that the trash mobs (the 3 diamond ones) actually do most of the damage so killing them quick or ccing them is really important

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Xae posted:

MSM betrays a lot of what the game has set you up to expect, and winds up wiping the poo poo out of most new players who run in without knowing the various gotchas that the game designers lovingly inserted. After one or two runs through, it's no longer awful, just extremely unforgiving.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does anyone else have windowed borderless not quite work right? It makes the window quite a bit larger than my monitor actually is (luckily not large enough to not be able to find the "revert" button :v:)

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

MSM is very, very easy. People are just really bad at watching more than one enemy at once, so they get caught by the bubbles caused by the tank enemies and end up wiping. PUGs often end up killing the tanks first which is bad practice as it gets them used to letting their group's tank and support do all of the work, as those are the only enemies that pose any danger to the rest of the group.

Most other 5-mans aren't as forgiving as MSM, especially during the boss fights, so get used to failed PUGs.

Edit: Also, most pulls in group dungeons do some form of unavoidable damage. Typically the thugs and swarms are responsible for most of this. The group is supposed to AoE down the swarms as quickly as possible, and the thugs need to be tanked and focused; If the tank or support gently caress up, or if the DDs don't focus target, the tank may die and at that point, your odds aren't good.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 20, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Half the time I run it the tells for attacks are invisible because of the water.

I like the clan system in this though cause I can still do stuff when I'm busy with work and school.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i want a phone app to manage my facebook mobile game bullshit while i play other things.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

randombattle posted:

Half the time I run it the tells for attacks are invisible because of the water.

I like the clan system in this though cause I can still do stuff when I'm busy with work and school.

The Naiad telegraph goes over their head and as a general rule of thumb, you should stay away from any khelps with the tank icon. If you're melee the animation is still easily visible unless you have a loving cryomancer in your group.

It does explain why a lot of people end up dying in the water, though.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Does anyone else have windowed borderless not quite work right? It makes the window quite a bit larger than my monitor actually is (luckily not large enough to not be able to find the "revert" button :v:)

I had to re-start the game to get it to work properly. :iiam:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

is this MMO actually pretty fun or is it just another grindy time-filler?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ruggan posted:

is this MMO actually pretty fun or is it just another grindy time-filler?

yes.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
I go through patches where I really enjoy playing, then others when I nearly ragequit forever. It's very inconsistent, and badly balanced right now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tsurupettan posted:

i want a phone app to manage my facebook mobile game bullshit while i play other things.

There's a facebook game?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

rantmo posted:

There's a facebook game?

Sending your followers out on missions every X hours is equitable to numerous facebook and mobile games. Also WoW strongholds.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

From watching videos I really want to unlock Gunner. I haven't even figured out how to unlock new classes yet (or the game hasn't explained it yet); how long (or how much money :v:) is it gonna take?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tsurupettan posted:

Sending your followers out on missions every X hours is equitable to numerous facebook and mobile games. Also WoW strongholds.

I was hoping we'd actually be able to do that without being logged in like you could with Neverwinter Online.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

From watching videos I really want to unlock Gunner. I haven't even figured out how to unlock new classes yet (or the game hasn't explained it yet); how long (or how much money :v:) is it gonna take?

its a couple weeks for gunner, some of the other closer classes are available in 1 week, money cannot bypass the cap, only make you get to it faster in the week

people with gunner already got it in founders pack which is no longer available

once you complete the basic atlas for one of the starter classes it unlocks the upper atlas for class unlocks and perk unlocks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do the unlocks for class-specific atlases and the global atlas share currencies or can I work on one without stalling the other?

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Do the unlocks for class-specific atlases and the global atlas share currencies or can I work on one without stalling the other?

you use red/blue/green to upgrade till you can start earning class sparks, after that point class sparks are used entirely and the red/blue/green go towards main atlas, so you progress in both simultaneously

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

auzuguwu posted:

you use red/blue/green to upgrade till you can start earning class sparks, after that point class sparks are used entirely and the red/blue/green go towards main atlas, so you progress in both simultaneously

Well thank god. The other answer would have been a game-ender :v:

Thanks for the info.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the marketplace the cash shop for this game, or is that not available yet?

It seems to have a lack of the usual stuff you find in one.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Playing this game for a few days now it feels alot like Neverwinter from the way the classes play to the send followers on missions to the "dungeon" structure, not that it's a bad thing Neverwinter had some good aspects.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Aphrodite posted:

Is the marketplace the cash shop for this game, or is that not available yet?

It seems to have a lack of the usual stuff you find in one.

It is and pretty much the only things we're missing at the moment are costumes you can buy with argents.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Higher prestige 3v3 PvP queues are popping pretty frequently tonight. There are some premades trying to farm the queues for the PvP bags so they can hold them for Wednesday. making GBS threads all over them as a knight was really satisfying. I also discovered there's a double and triple kill announcement and sound effect (when I reflected a zerker/kinetic ult on their whole team). People will figure it out at some point and Knight PvP will suck eventually but steamrolling pubbies is pretty great for now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

It is and pretty much the only things we're missing at the moment are costumes you can buy with argents.

Seems to be missing mounts too. Those are the usual two big ones for F2P.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Started off as a Pally and am having a good time, wanted to poke the thread with a few questions.

Some cursory skyforge forums surfing and googling has lead lead me to believe that, for a Pally, I should be prioritizing Stamina, Strength, Spirit, and Luck in that order, and that Might isn't all that useful. Does that sound about right to ya'll?

Should I be sperging out over the grid sphere? Will not moving about optimally/picking up nodes I don't necessarily need gently caress me in the long run, or can I just work my way in the direction of the classes I want to unlock without having my path 100% planned out ahead of time? Is it possible to end up with a lovely character who is weaker than their Prestige would indicate because all their Prestige comes from useless/less-than-optimal stats?

Do I have to do all of the missions currently up with x2/x3 multipliers in order to get more of them to spawn? I've done all of the ones on my map besides the PvP one since I don't know about getting involved in PvP this early (I'm at a smidge over 1k Prestige) and it seems that the multipliers don't reset on the 40 minute timer that rewards do, it's just that one left with no more appearing.

What's Alchemist like? Is worth holding out until I can unlock it to have it as my support class instead of Lightbinder?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Lawlicaust posted:

Higher prestige 3v3 PvP queues are popping pretty frequently tonight. There are some premades trying to farm the queues for the PvP bags so they can hold them for Wednesday.

What's the advantage in doing so?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

They reward sparks and stuff, so if you're capped you can store them to open when the cap resets. I do this with gear, but I don't think the PvP bags are worth it, mainly because they can reward credits.

Aphrodite posted:

Seems to be missing mounts too. Those are the usual two big ones for F2P.

We already have one mount in the store, the others are two exclusives and one is obtained from buying any amount of argents. More will likely be added but mounts are pretty minor in this game unless you really enjoy the region maps.

The costumes are supposed to be there, but they removed them so they could be rotated. Why they haven't started doing so yet, I have no idea.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Welp, I finally decided to go 'gently caress it,' dug out my old wired mouse and keyboard, and grabbed a tv-tray to play this game from my couch.

It's pretty fun so far. Just got through the Factory solo. Little bit harder than I expected for a first real dungeon, but it was easy enough as I'm smart enough to not stand in obvious fire.

Still was kind of touch and go at the boss, beat him with under a 100 health left. Are there potions or healing items in the game? I noticed some enemies can drop lil health orb things, but the summoned guys weren't doing that in that fight.

• Locked thread