Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

JT

Terry will retire and Cahill struggles at times (mostly because he plays next to Iva who plays really far up the pitch) so I think Stones could be a good replacement and it would be nice for the replacement to get some mentoring time from JT so now is the year.

Zouma needs more time, from what I saw of him stats wise he's good at defending but didn't move the ball a lot. He's really good though.

Kalas played excellently in a certain game two seasons ago which I'm sure you'll remember. Then he was at Boro last year and now again. I don't get it, he looked good.

Christensen is the Dane he's at a German club this year. He featured in I think two games last year, one the FA cup spanking from Bradford. He'll eventually be sold just like Kalas.

Yeah that's why I mentioned Kalas. He looked great 😢

Are Chelsea supporters disappointed with the lack of youth players being given a chance? I mean winning things is pretty sweet but doing it with players who came through the academy has to be that much sweeter.

For all the goals we scored when we came second the goal that gave me the biggest smile was Flanagan's against Spurs. It was a nice goal obviously but the fact it was by a Liverpool born youngster made it that much sweeter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Did someone seriously just say "unproven in Italy" as if that's a thing, lmao

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah that's why I mentioned Kalas. He looked great 😢

Are Chelsea supporters disappointed with the lack of youth players being given a chance? I mean winning things is pretty sweet but doing it with players who came through the academy has to be that much sweeter.

For all the goals we scored when we came second the goal that gave me the biggest smile was Flanagan's against Spurs. It was a nice goal obviously but the fact it was by a Liverpool born youngster made it that much sweeter

Most fans don't. They are relatively new fans after all. Twitter is full of people who still want Griezman and Pogba and every other big name and change their names with the wind.

There are some people who want the youth to come in but they also want Bale signed so they aren't really thinking.

There are also some people with Chelsea TV who watch the youth games and give a poo poo but they seem a huge minority.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Parody Threads posted:

Did someone seriously just say "unproven in Italy" as if that's a thing, lmao

Yeah, after all Torres and Podolski did so well in Serie A.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Squats going on here?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's Heskey but I don't really get the joke beyond that.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The guardian are banging on about Cuadrado going. That has to have been the most pointless signing ever. I think I saw him place twice?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

opus111 posted:

The guardian are banging on about Cuadrado going. That has to have been the most pointless signing ever. I think I saw him place twice?

He is unproven in England.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

opus111 posted:

He changed his kit number to 11 so now that he's got the spirit of Drogba behind him he'll bang in all the goals.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Cuadrado is garbage

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Ewar Woowar posted:

Tottenham have been pretty quiet so far and they're getting rid of quite a few players. Feel like they're putting an awful lot of faith in Kane being able to reproduce last season's effort.

Gotta ship out Adebayor and Soldado first, you know how Levy works.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

blue footed boobie posted:

Its purple aki

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, after all Torres and Podolski did so well in Serie A.

Noted premier league superstars F. Torres and L. Podolski....who were dumped on teams in Italy.....because......

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

blue footed boobie posted:

Stfu idiot

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Parody Threads posted:

Noted premier league superstars F. Torres and L. Podolski....who were dumped on teams in Italy.....because......

Just a reminder that before Liverpool ran him into the ground, Torres was scary good in the premier league.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Der Shovel posted:

Just a reminder that before Liverpool ran him into the ground, Torres was scary good in the premier league.

But if Liverpool ran him into the ground, how did they get twice what they paid for him?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Strawman posted:

But if Liverpool ran him into the ground, how did they get twice what they paid for him?

He scored a brace against Chelsea a couple months before the transfer. That's all it takes to get a transfer. Like KdB or Salah.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

:vince:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm picking West Brom to go down. Their squad is poo poo and they're cheap bastards who won't spend when everyone around them is.

Also just saw that Watford have picked up Allan Nyom through their Udinese connection. I saw him play a season or two ago and the guy is an absolute beast. I think Watford will struggle this season but they might be quite fun to watch.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Adebayor? Eeee's a triffic triffic lad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

Also just saw that Watford have picked up Allan Nyom through their Udinese connection. I saw him play a season or two ago and the guy is an absolute beast.

Mods!?!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm picking West Brom to go down. Their squad is poo poo and they're cheap bastards who won't spend when everyone around them is.

Tony Pulis to get relegated? Hand in your pundits licence.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

euroboy posted:

Adebayor? Eeee's a triffic triffic lad.

face is going the same way an' all

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Tony Pulis to get relegated? Hand in your pundits licence.

Oh yeah, forgot he was in charge. Suppose that does change things a bit. Still think they're struggle if they don't bring in some quality though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Stefan Savic was photographed arriving for his medical with Atletico Madrid today, that should be done soon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Oh yeah, forgot he was in charge. Suppose that does change things a bit. Still think they're struggle if they don't bring in some quality though.

Pulis doesn't need quality, he needs poo poo cloggers and he's probably already got them in abundance.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

MrBling posted:

Gotta ship out Adebayor and Soldado first, you know how Levy works.

We'll ship them out and then miss all our targets.

I have a feeling it'll be a kids team this season. Who needs experienced players? (emoticon)

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe Spurs have finally realised there's no point spending not enough money to get into the Champions League every single year

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Robert Lundström from GIF Sundsvall to Vålerenga Fotball is a done deal (from 01.01.16, but most probably from tomorrow).
http://www.vif-fotball.no/news/article/19ymmv236v3mc11ryxz03cd13d/title/valerenga-signerer-svensk-back

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Stefan Savic was photographed arriving for his medical with Atletico Madrid today, that should be done soon.

Savic goes to Atletico for Suarez and something between 6 and 12 millions (depending which source you trust, I say it's more likely 8).

Savic came to Florence 3 years ago in a deal with ManC for Nastasic which included 16 millions to Fiorentina - so Nastasic got us Suarez and 24 millions. Not bad.

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran
Loving this Bale/Ronaldo struggle for supremacy thing that the media are making out at the moment, Ronaldo has just sold his image rights to an outside company of Real Madrid and so the papers are linking him with a move to possibly Man Utd. I'd love to see him back in the premiership.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe Spurs have finally realised there's no point spending not enough money to get into the Champions League every single year

Levy and Lewis would take money over players any day of the millennia.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

pik_d posted:

Yes. :) I'll be even happier if City spend all the money on Pogba and possibly De Bruyne, and move Dzeko and Jovetic on.

Supposedly Wenger wants Dzeko which I don't understand but... Perhaps he knows.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

That and they're building a new stadium.

Still think a striker will be brought if both Soldado and Ade gets shipped out.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

quiet enjoyment posted:

Supposedly Wenger wants Dzeko which I don't understand but... Perhaps he knows.

To be fair he's a big tall centre forward who Arsene won't need to coach to be inexplicably on the wing all the time because it's his natural game

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
if arsenal sign dzeko they will win the league and that's a

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Dzeko is a big lumbering pile of poo poo

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Bayern have agreed a price with Juve for Vidal according to the Guardian and Juve are looking at Draxler apparently

http://gu.com/p/4azbx/stw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Walcott supposedly wants more than 100k/week to stay at Arsenal, but has realized he's never going to be a striker. I could see him going tbh. Maybe city want him at a cut rate *pretends to plug numbers into a calculator* 45m.

• Locked thread