Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
That is well worth a read. Interesting that he seems to talk about doing a dry run show on the 19th.

Every Friday is set to be open callers.

Graham Hancock is first guest, a make good from him being the guy bumped when the XM show ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Since we just started a new page, here's the link to Art Bell's 7/14/15 AMA interview:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3db2cm/hi_im_art_bell_host_of_midnight_in_the_desert/

- - - - -

Also, right as Art was posting to his Facebook to announce his AMA was about to start, he got locked out of his FB (someone accused him of not being himself). There are no coincidences! http://artbell.com/coincidence-art-bells-facebook-page-locked-out/

UPDATE: Art's FB page has been restored, after Art submitted photos of his passport and driver’s license.

- - - - -

Additionally: there will be a test run of Art's new show THIS SUNDAY, JULY 19.

More info will be posted by Art on his FB. https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716?_rdr=p

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 20, 2015

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Thank god richard Hoagland will be back on the show as a science advisor.

:negative:

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Bellgab.com interviews Art Bell. Posted on July 18, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSzV1X1Aj4

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Art Bell's new show MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT begins on Monday, July 20. Art says that Sunday night (July 19) is a "test run, so I am not sure if the show will be all week, or just on Monday. http://artbell.com

MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT will run Monday - Friday

12:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time

11:00 p.m. - 2 a.m. Central Time

9:00 p.m. - 12 a.m. Pacific Time

Information about listening/subscribing/donating:

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/shows/midnight-in-the-desert/

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 20, 2015

cka
May 3, 2004
Cautiously optimistic to see if art still has it, and hopefully some of the classic mainstays alongside unscreened open lines will be back (ghost stories on hallowe'en and the prediction shows on new years) if it survives that long

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Art has already confirmed that calls will be unscreened.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Other than :filez:, is there any way to get Art's old C2C shows from the 90's?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Other than what is behind the C2C am paywall, nope.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

cka posted:

hallowe'en

blugh

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

He does this more than a month I'm in at the $5 subscription level.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Art's on.

http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.mp3

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Wow! Art =is= on! This is great! :D

Thanks for posting about it. I guess Sunday night really WAS the test run!

EDIT: Art is taking unscreened calls on phone and Skype phone!

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 20, 2015

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Do we have a irc channel we're hanging out in?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

We can just so the traditional live post here for now. The posts will attract people to this thread. I'm kind of surprised there's not more interest in Art's new show.

"From the high desert and the great American Southwest. I'm Art Bell."

He sounds just the same as always. :dance:

To call in, the U.S. number is 1-952-225-5278, ( 1-952-CALL ART ).

I momentarily lost the stream and just refreshed the browser. ART IS TAKING THE FIRST CALL NOW!!! :D

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

This is great. :buddy:

cka
May 3, 2004
I didn't realize how much I missed those panic room dinner/GOLD!!!!!! commercials until a little while ago when they had that arctic food ad on

e: wow the skype lines are super high quality

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Man this is great to hear Art's voice again.

Evil Vin posted:

Do we have a irc channel we're hanging out in?

We used to hangout on #c2c on irc.synirc.net. Dunno if anyone will be hanging out on there for this.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

This Australian guy sounds like he's in the studio. Art Bell pounced on him about his headset: hey callers, use a headset and Skype.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Art is really pleased with the audio quality of phone calls so far. The second call was on Skype from Australia.

I'm really glad that Art and his people have persevered and the technological problems seen to have been sorted out.

Ooops. Spoke too soon! The second caller is having a little trouble -- Art and the caller are both coming in clear, but now they can't hear each other! Don't panic, Art! :D

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

LMAO at that HAM radio commercial. I'm a HAM.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

These commercials are nuts

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

LOL! A kickstarter commercial! I wonder what a commercial costs? I like the variety! :)

The show seems to have quite a few commercials, which is good.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Inveigle posted:

LOL! A kickstarter commercial! The show seems to have quite a few commercials, which is good. :)

a dyatlov pass kickstarter no less. Awesome.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

The fourth caller is from Wales. This new show is going to be great. We will get to hear crazies from ALL OVER THE WORLD! :D

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Haha this guy from Wales sounds nuts.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

I lost the stream again, but just refreshed and it's back. Not sure if it's my DSL connection or something else.

Art's show will be on again on Monday and will also be broadcast to the radio stations who have signed up to broadcast the show.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
If you have a shortwave receiver, I'm picking Art up on 5,085 khz right now.

cka
May 3, 2004
A C. Crane radio ad! he's truly back :allears:

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Turn off your steam, oh man this is classic radio here.

Evil Vin fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 20, 2015

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So what's the deal with this [Redacted] lady?

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I think she is from the bellgab forum and I hope this is brief.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

The Redacted woman did an interview with Art a few days ago. See one of my earlier posts above with a link to the interview.

Oh poo poo!....after Art lost the Redacted woman's Skype call, then the audio on the stream went out. Brief pause and now music.

LOL. Art is back and they are discussing what happened. CONSPIRACY! :D

Art's audio is going out again! What could be causing this??? Art is going to take phone calls now. Some guy mentioned that there seems to be a buffering problem. Some guy came on and was discussing the technical problems with Art. This is one reason they had the test run tonight.

In the U.S. and Canada, the number is 1-952-225-5278 ( 1-952-CALL ART ).

Edit: I phoned and got a busy signal.

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 20, 2015

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Curly Shuffle posted:

If you have a shortwave receiver, I'm picking Art up on 5,085 khz right now.

Is the reception on shortwave cutting out at all? the tunein stream is getting choppy here and there. I'm wondering if that is going to be an issue on over-the-air broadcasts.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Prickly Pete posted:

Is the reception on shortwave cutting out at all? the tunein stream is getting choppy here and there. I'm wondering if that is going to be an issue on over-the-air broadcasts.

Art and Redacted getting the choppy audio in the studio too. Sounds like a Skype problem perhaps?

BTW, some program that came on after Art's program has Richard C. Hoagland as the guest. He's going to talk about the Pluto images.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Downloading with my

membership now! :dance:

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have to say the Dark Matter News segments at the bottom of the hour are :krad:.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I couldn't listen, is there a full audio archive some kind soul snagged?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It's five bucks a month for archives access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Is it the full audio ripped right off the logger, though? With Art's stuff, some of the best audio is what happens during a break or mistakes or other wildass poo poo that gets ripped out before re-airs.

• Locked thread