Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ariong posted:

To be fair, his smalltalk pretty much consisted of pointing out things that Jasprose knew already and Nepeta had no context for.

Well what's the point of setting up a literary reference that the subject won't get, and recruiting someone to do it who would get the reference but then snapping at them for trying to discuss it? If Jasperosesprite^2 was able to contain herself a pleasant three-way conversation where they tell Nepeta a bit about Alice in Wonderland (she'd probably dig the Cheshire cat) might've put her more at ease anyway.

When Jasperosesprite^2 was created I wasn't really buying the "body horror" angle, since Davesprite being a merger of Dave and a crow didn't seem to bother him too much and while merging with Bec hosed Dream Jade up that seemed to be mostly because she couldn't handle the power and the afterlife had left her depressed. I thought it was just Rose but hyperactive and with no filter. This conversation felt uncomfortably un-Rose, however, or if it is the Rose half that's driving this she's got some interesting new issues. I don't think Rose or Rosesprite would like what she's just done though and now it seems more like an unfortunate fate for the Rose wrapped up in this amalgamation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

GunnerJ posted:

Update was stupid as poo poo and I can't wait for this... whatever this is to be over forever.

next up: jasprose^2 and Davepeta^2 find the lolipop juju and its ZILLYTIME

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ariong posted:

Oh god! What if Davepeta met Arquius?

Literally the only followup that could redeem this moment.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dolash posted:

This conversation felt uncomfortably un-Rose, however, or if it is the Rose half that's driving this she's got some interesting new issues. I don't think Rose or Rosesprite would like what she's just done though and now it seems more like an unfortunate fate for the Rose wrapped up in this amalgamation.

nah, it's a p. Rose as gently caress thing, imo. we know that she has bigtime problems with affection and poo poo, see for example her inventing an entire passive-aggressive war with her mother that was taking place entirely in her head. or the fact that she had to get trashed to work up the courage to kiss kanaya. makes sense to me that jasperose would be just completely OTT with people, if shes rose with all of roses weird mental barriers stripped out.

also rose can be kinda creepy. she likes picking at people at trying to get under their skin in little ways. that aspect of her comes out real strongly in jasperose.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 20, 2015

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I have long since accepted this inane chain of events.

Also that drat clown's probably gonna burst out that fridge soon somehow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ariong posted:

It would be highly inappropriate and sweaty.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah but imagine the sick rap-off they would have.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ariong posted:

This Davesprite was the one from the pre-retJohn timeline, right? So he already had a bonding session with pre-retJohn ARquiusprite. And ARquiusprite already apologied to Nepeta (well, Fefeta) in that timeline. So I dunno if there's anything left to talk about.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bobulus posted:

This Davesprite was the one from the pre-retJohn timeline, right? So he already had a bonding session with pre-retJohn ARquiusprite. And ARquiusprite already apologied to Nepeta (well, Fefeta) in that timeline. So I dunno if there's anything left to talk about.

How hosed up their respective situations are.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mods, please rename the thread title to MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition, the Final Acts: Why is everything always so wonderful?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
The only appropriate response.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Sprite doesn't have 1/2CLAWKIND, it sucks.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Bobulus posted:

Merging is just a cheap tactic to make weak sprites stronger.

Hey.

Stronger Than You.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I eagerly await the barrage of bird puns that is surely coming

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Bilirubin posted:

next up: jasprose^2 and Davepeta^2 find the lolipop juju and its ZILLYTIME

>FIND THE LOLIPOP JUJU, GLOWING MONSTER.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Anyone else want to pretend that these little winks and nods aren't a thousand times nerdier than simply saying "YES I TOO HAVE WATCHED STEVEN UNIVERSE" because that iron's getting cooler by the second.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I, too, have watched Steven Universe.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Plom Bar posted:

Anyone else want to pretend that these little winks and nods aren't a thousand times nerdier than simply saying "YES I TOO HAVE WATCHED STEVEN UNIVERSE" because that iron's getting cooler by the second.

I don't think so this was an established mechanic before all that.

I have found it amusing that two characters named Jasper and Rose became a perma-fusion in this comic considering Jasper and Rose on That Show and their natures. But it's really hard to make a joke about it or even get the right audience to tell it to. It's a huge double nerd reach-around.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I too have watched dbz

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SynthOrange posted:

I too have watched dbz

But enough about Steven Universe.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I too have watched dbz

Is this a dance or an earring situation

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

See isn't this nicer now the dam's been broken?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Since it is now on-topic again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

ell o ell that was uploaded four years ago

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I always take the time to watch that video each time it is linked. Which has been a lot, over the course of these threads!

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Plom Bar posted:

Having just marathonned the whole show over the past few days, I am 100% behind this. SU is like if Homestuck and DBZ had a baby and that baby was nonviolent conflict resolution skills.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Is this a dance or an earring situation

Earring, of course.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Would they be bird puns or, like, cat-bird puns? Griffin puns? If this were Rose, she'd relish the intellectual difficulty in making griffin puns. But Dave? Hmm...

Lupus Rufus posted:

SU is like if Homestuck and DBZ had a baby and that baby was nonviolent conflict resolution skills.

I honestly don't see a lot of parallels between Steven Universe and Homestuck, but there seems to be a fair amount of crossover in fans.

edit: I suppose Homestuck, DBZ, and SU all have green alien friendenemies? Just, DBZ is a decade older, so Piccolo had time to turn into a Good Guy, while Peridot and Caliborn are still in the antagonist phase.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 20, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

Homestuck and DBZ had a baby and that baby was you!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm having a baby and the baby is me

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The golfiest of :golfclap:s

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

I was about to come in here with a nice "so this is what homeworldstuck thinks of fusion." shitpost but i guess that train has left the station.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So, remember how time-traveling duplicates can only survive being doomed if they are prototyped with a kernelsprite?

Do we know for sure that post-retJohn Davesprite and Jaspersprite are really dead? Jade sorta turned her back on the bodies, in a philosophical sense, yeah?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I don't think we've seen any evidence that post-retJohn Jaspersprite is dead? He just... hasn't shown up yet after arriving with Jade and Nannasprite. Post-retJohn Davesprite is a tossup. The narration has ironically assumed he's dead enough times that he'll either come back or stay dead, which ever is more ironic.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Davepeta's Derse jammies have a Moon + Time symbol, not a Moon + Time + Heart symbol.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Enourmo posted:

re: recent events,

no

Okay, but, have you considered.. yes??

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Suaimhneas posted:

Davepetasprite will only use puns that incorporate both of their constituent animal species.

In practice, this will consist of Davepetasprite constantly claiming to be "in the catbird seat," for lack of any other viable puns.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Two Inch Bee posted:

Davepetasprite will only use puns that incorporate both of their constituent animal species.

In practice, this will consist of Davepetasprite constantly claiming to be "in the catbird seat," for lack of any other viable puns.

He will throw a half-hearted "Sphinx you later" as he departs, but both he and you will know it was not his A-game.

\/ Well, Davesprite and Nepeta, as some of the the most ignored characters in Homestuck, are naturally going to be the ones that a certain sections of fans are going to care the most about. So if you look at it from the perspective of 'my two favorite characters both just got annihilated'...

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 20, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wow people on tumblr really are insanely upset about this upd8. like, bizarrely upset.

JOKES?? YOU DARE MAKE JOKES IN MY HOUSE?!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

paranoid randroid posted:

wow people on tumblr really are insanely upset about this upd8. like, bizarrely upset.

JOKES?? YOU DARE MAKE JOKES IN MY HOUSE?!

You say that as if the same reaction doesn't happen in this thread whenever there's an update that isn't plot-heavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

And the winner for "Best Steven Universe Fusion Joke for the Merging of Dave and Nepeta" goes to: