Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
The Japanese voice actor for King Kai isn't even trying, is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
hes trying not to die

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

New Leaf posted:

I don't think it's asking too much to want to see the people whose sole ambition is to be the best at punching things to punch something at some point.

It has been two episodes, so yeah you are being unreasonable

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm mad that anime lost to gaijin filth

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sharktamer posted:

What is Superman's power level?

His power level is bullshit.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I read somewhere that superman has the strength of 7457 men.

So his power level would be 37,258 if the farmer's average of 5 is the guide.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bowmore posted:

Can't he also move planets? Pretty sure 7400 people can't move a planet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bowmore posted:

So almost exactly Monster Form Zarbon (34000)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

So almost exactly Monster Form Zarbon (34000)
That sounds good to me

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Superman vs Namek Vegeta would be good. A big gullible brick vs the sneakiest, meanest, pocket-sandiest dude ever.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It has been two episodes, so yeah you are being unreasonable

3 episodes :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

New Leaf posted:

3 episodes :)

Still, that is literally nothing considering this is apparently a 100 min.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Wait, why wasnt King Kai revived when they wished everyone back that Cell killed?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

dr.acula posted:

Wait, why wasnt King Kai revived when they wished everyone back that Cell killed?

Shenron is a dick.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Not even Gregory :negative:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

As said during the wish that revived everyone Freeza killed, the wishes have a distance limit. I guess the Other World was just too far, hence why Goku, King Kai, Bubbles and Gregory remained dead. Which was just fine for Goku because he already felt the burden of being a danger to Earth, but...he took three people who had nothing to do with it with him, the rear end. Which, granted, also makes no difference whatsoever to them, but the humilliation!

That said, thinking about it, beyond distracting Goku, this whole scene might be there to fix a plot hole in Battle of Gods. There Shenlong only granted a single wish (information of SSG), even though he should be able to grant two (this is fixed in Resurrection "F", so it's not an absolute retcon either). With this, there's the excuse of wishing King Kai, Gregory and Bubbles to life with a wish, then use the other for Super Saiyan God.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Just wait for the Kirby vs Superman death battle. Kirby already beat Buu.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

dr.acula posted:

Goku killed King Kai, Cell was merely a tool.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cell was the bomb and goku threw it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

bobjr posted:

Kirby already beat Buu.

I almost hate to ask, but what was the reasoning here?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kirby can defeat anyone. He is the true strongest in the universe.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Started playing Dokkan Battle and got SSJ Vegeta when I bought a summon, now everyone wants to be my friend, this game is strangely addictive

Raxivace posted:

Something something Cartoon Physics applied to Kirby

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Downloaded Dokkan Battle when I heard that King Dog was a support in it, now Androids 18 and 16 are leading around a posse of Majins beating people up. Cell Jr is their mascot.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

The kirby cartoon shows him doing some utterly ridiculous poo poo and thus Kirby is the strongest in the universe.

Seriously, that is almost entirely the reasoning. Again it's really the problem with Death Battle, rather than take an average they take the single most ridiculous thing a character has done and work with that even when it contradicts everything else. If you can survive getting shot with a laser in this one side comic/tv show/whatever then you can survive it and anything lower in death battle, even if your own series shows you constantly getting shredded by small arms fire etc.

Frankly Kirby vs Buu should have come down to neither of them being able to hurt one another until one finally ate the other.

Archenteron posted:

Downloaded Dokkan Battle when I heard that King Dog was a support in it, now Androids 18 and 16 are leading around a posse of Majins beating people up. Cell Jr is their mascot.

I keep getting tiens and yamchas. :(

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Dokkan battle is fun. Rolled Android 18 as my starter character, got Android 19 and Videl as summons which both link with 18. Now I'm beating up fools left and right. :cheers:

Newest Super ep owned, nards to the haters. I mean yeah half of it was BoG retreads, but we also got Krillen's family vacation and Piccolo's photo snafu out of it. I hope when they dub it into english they keep the serious voiced narrator from Dragon Ball Z during the episode recaps and previews.

Next time on Dragon Ball Super... Goku races against the clock to make it to Bulma's birthday in time... but what tricks do the Pilaf Gang have in store for him when he gets there? Meanwhile, Lord Beerus finds his bento box to be unpleasant! What is the God of Destruction going to want to eat for lunch!? *guitar riff*

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've got Goku, Chi-chi, and Kid Gohan kicking rear end together. It's like the early DBZ movie that could have been but never was...

(Also SSJ Vegeta, 17, and Zarbon, but gently caress em)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dokkan Battle won't appear at all in the Play Store for me and it saddens me immensely.

I'm guessing this is because I live in a third world country? I have no idea, it just isn't there at all.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I have a Yamcha, who was fighting a Yamcha, so I got to see Yamcha yamcha Yamcha.

Dokkan Battle owns.

Caros
May 14, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

I have a Yamcha, who was fighting a Yamcha, so I got to see Yamcha yamcha Yamcha.

Dokkan Battle owns.

Did your game crash with a divide by zero error?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My goku ate a bunch of cell jrs and a chaotzu and now's pretty strong.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Chinese Kid Gohan is really strong, definitely recommend picking him up eleven times and creating a super one.

Game is pretty fun, though I wish the ki balls would fall a bit more consistently. Sucks losing a fight to the RNG. And never getting the SR Vegeta.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 20, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

cptn_dr posted:

Dokkan Battle owns.

This is an excellent post.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm sad cause Dokkan Battle won't work on my phone due to it having been jailbroken by the previous owner

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dokkan Battle won't appear at all in the Play Store for me and it saddens me immensely.

I'm guessing this is because I live in a third world country? I have no idea, it just isn't there at all.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm sad cause Dokkan Battle won't work on my phone due to it having been jailbroken by the previous owner
'sup fellow "unable to play mobile tie-in P2W game" buddies.
The app just says my phone is too old to be able to play the game.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I managed to get Krillin as my first character - honestly dunno if that's good or not, but he's being useful so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

I managed to get Krillin as my first character - honestly dunno if that's good or not, but he's being useful so far.

I actually WANTED Krillin for my group because he would synergize better than my loving Super-Rare Zarbon.. of all goddamn people to get a Super-Rare of, it had to be him.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
So what's the timeline going on here in these episodes. In the first episode Gohan and Videl were yet to be married? We're clearly caught up to BoG at this point, but have we gone from 6 months after Buu to 4 years later sometime between episodes?

This isn't very important, but it's weird.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

HGH posted:

'sup fellow "unable to play mobile tie-in P2W game" buddies.
The app just says my phone is too old to be able to play the game.

I wouldn't even say that it's p2w, there's not really a paywall to speak of and you earn dragon stones at a pretty good rate.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Kithkar posted:

So what's the timeline going on here in these episodes. In the first episode Gohan and Videl were yet to be married? We're clearly caught up to BoG at this point, but have we gone from 6 months after Buu to 4 years later sometime between episodes?

This isn't very important, but it's weird.

Well, one could argue there's a small timeskip between each of the first few episodes, and that its in the space somewhere between 2 and 3 that the wedding took place, offscreen - ie, the same time that it would have taken for Bulma to rearrange her birthday plans to incorporate the cruise ship, and King Kai to fix his house. Sure, the way the second episode ends does make it seem like Goku just trained non-stop thereafter, but Chi-Chi did also bring up the point of Goku being okay to train so long as he remembered to come home every once in a while. So, in theory, there's room...

Except Elder Kai says Beerus has been awake for half a day. When we've had two separate evening/night scenes.

I think either there's screwy subs, or the writers didn't double check the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
My least favourite continuity error is that Supreme Kai is millions of years old, and Beerus has been asleep for four decades, yet Supreme Kai apparently knows nothing about Beerus, including the fact he even exists.

He seemed really aware of it in the movie. There's absolutely nothing to be gained, narratively-speaking, by having him be so oblivious.

• Locked thread