Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This has the greatest story in the history of mankind so you should all probably listen.

Aukerman's on Never Not Funny this week and they talk about the concert some more since Jimmy Pardo was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

I went back and listened to PFT, Novak, Jake Bagelnest, Adam Pally, and a few others. I'm just going to listen to all of them.

Dave Thomas probably picked up the premise quicker than any uninitiated guest I can remember. I grew up on SCTV so I was very pleased he was delightful.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I figure they give their guests some idea of what the show's like, but yeah, he was great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

We Know More About You Than You'd Like: The Earwolf Thread

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I heard Horatio "the comic" Sanz is quitting ear wolf because Scott and Scott forgot to ask about the t shirts.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Okay Ben Schwartz on Hollywood Handbook just destroyed me

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's in the most recent episode and Chad confirmed it in the forums:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/we-cant-dance-together/

:( so sad. hope there was no sorta falling out, just some creative differences. but super cryptic.

I don't agree with the forums that it's awesomely produced. It definitely has some rough edges (Especially with the music overdubs)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I really hope there's no bad blood; my biggest concern is him not showing on other shows now. CBB & I4H episodes with him are usually some of my favorites :(

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I didn't get a sense of bad blood from the episode at least. They talked about having the conference call with Earwolf and coming to the decision to move on, and them helping with the transition. I feel like it wouldn't have been as candid or open if there was hard feelings.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Add my voice to the "Enjoy the Hooray Show, love Horatio, hope this doesn't sour his appearances on CBB/I4H/etc." chorus. The Hooray Show's shambolic nature and the post-production effects are endearing, and I was just getting into the habit of making it a weekly listen.

The Berzerker posted:

Okay Ben Schwartz on Hollywood Handbook just destroyed me

Thank you for being a SUPPORTER?
Travelin' down the road and SUPPORTING ME?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Before "Welcome to Earf" there was "Hey what's up?"

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Beeez posted:

I figure they give their guests some idea of what the show's like, but yeah, he was great.

I don't think they do because of episodes like the Pauly Shore and Lauren Greenberg ones.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

I don't think they do because of episodes like the Pauly Shore and Lauren Greenberg ones.

Maybe you're right, I guess I just figure they wouldn't completely catch people off guard like that.

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.

The Senator Giroux posted:

I didn't get a sense of bad blood from the episode at least. They talked about having the conference call with Earwolf and coming to the decision to move on, and them helping with the transition. I feel like it wouldn't have been as candid or open if there was hard feelings.

I am under the assumption that since bro bro studios is independent of the earwolf studios they didn't want to pay the earwolf cut when they aren't using their space to record.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Beeez posted:

Maybe you're right, I guess I just figure they wouldn't completely catch people off guard like that.

Those are just exceptions. Greenberg was not a funny person and Pauly Shore is a grade A moron.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I think it's like The Colbert Report, they prep the guest beforehand but sometimes they're still thrown off the charade.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I think it's like the ep of reality show show where at the end the guest says thanks for this real invite to be a guest on your podcast which wasn't actually a joke at my expense.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

I think it's like The Colbert Report, they prep the guest beforehand but sometimes they're still thrown off the charade.

Yeah, I was picturing that video of Stephen Colbert meeting John Kerry and breaking down for him what the interview would be like.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I think Jordan Morris said something to the effect of being told to be the worst version of yourself

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish Brett Gelman was on more podcasts (or that he would do his own one more often) because man he was great on the last I4H

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish Brett Gelman was on more podcasts (or that he would do his own one more often) because man he was great on the last I4H

He said during a live Gelmania two weeks ago that it was being recorded.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I think it's like the ep of reality show show where at the end the guest says thanks for this real invite to be a guest on your podcast which wasn't actually a joke at my expense.

It was the ep where it was some chap whod' nobody had ever heard of... Brian Schachter!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If you don't watch Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, you should at least watch the recent episode with Brett Gelman because his part is pretty great.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Natasha Leggero's and Rikki Lindhome's new show Another Period on Comedy Central is also pretty great. The cast is killer and has a lot of mainstays you'd probably recognize from Earwolf appearances. Brett Gelman also plays a very Brett Gelman-y character in it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Another Period is great and kind of makes up for Why? With Hannibal Burress being a bit disappointing.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm just now catching up to the latest episodes of I4H but it's pretty obvious that Matt Besser doesn't know what the word censorship means right? Those sun kill moon arguments are among the dumbest things I've heard. He both says that the market will decide and people won't buy stuff if a person is truly hateful but it's also censoring the artist if you decide you're no longer a fan of them

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, Besser has no idea what he's talking about. But also neither did the opposing viewpoints he brought on from the boards.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

moot the hopple posted:

Natasha Leggero's and Rikki Lindhome's new show Another Period on Comedy Central is also pretty great. The cast is killer and has a lot of mainstays you'd probably recognize from Earwolf appearances. Brett Gelman also plays a very Brett Gelman-y character in it.

#pissflaps

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

This might be a tough pull but does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook epi had the Interstellar quotes over the popcorn gallery?

Months later, it's the Thomas Middleditch episode when they play GMail Roulette.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Reeeeeeeally tempted to make a Spontaneanation thread. It's just so good. PFT losing it in this week's episode was beautiful.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 21, 2015

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Waffleopolis posted:

Reeeeeeeally tempted to make a Spontaneanation thread. It's just so good. PFT losing it in this week's episode was beautiful.

"I ate a whoooole roll of...quarters."

This episode was all over the place, but that's kind of the show's charm. The loose construction, the halting delivery, Eban Schletter's wonderful scoring, they all come together and somehow work.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I loving love the ads on Hollywood Handbook. The angle they're doing with Squarecash of paying money to do weird services to make you look cool is golden

"send money to your mailman to deliver heart packages that are supposed to look like they're mailed to you from a sweetheart but he delivers them to your enemy instead so he thinks you are really cool and popular"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
i don't get why they can't just have one "cut to" sound on spontaneanation. It'd save time explaining the concept and the three different things are basically interchangeable anyway

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely, one cut to sound would work just fine. I like his intention there, but all any of those sounds mean to me is "now we're doing a side scene about the thing just mentioned."

JethroMcB posted:

"I ate a whoooole roll of...quarters."

This episode was all over the place, but that's kind of the show's charm. The loose construction, the halting delivery, Eban Schletter's wonderful scoring, they all come together and somehow work.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for longform improv that tells a complete story throughout, so Spontaneanation is great for me despite its flaws. This week's was a bit too disjointed for me - previous weeks have felt a little more coherent and grounded. The first few practically felt like monoscenes in comparison. Still, it's a great Monday afternoon CBB comedown.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

I loving love the ads on Hollywood Handbook. The angle they're doing with Squarecash of paying money to do weird services to make you look cool is golden

"send money to your mailman to deliver heart packages that are supposed to look like they're mailed to you from a sweetheart but he delivers them to your enemy instead so he thinks you are really cool and popular"

HH and Spontanenation are the only two podcasts where I listen to every ad, no matter how many times I've heard the episode. Hayes and Sean do a great job at gradually building their ads into weird, involved narratives (Sean's rivalry with Cards Against Humanity, the life and death of Earwolfman Jack, etc.,) while PFT is quickly building a stable of characters just to give the copy some personality.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who doesn't tell their wife that they have an identical twin brother in a coma? Mitch is such a dick :colbert:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

There should be a clause that you don't have to Yes and someone when they constantly bring up boring premises that take over the conversation. A rare Hollywood Handbook dud episode for me :smith:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
hey dolores

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
In case anyone here still listens to Professor Blastoff (PB thread died off a good while ago), it looks like the podcast is pretty much over now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

AtomicRust posted:

In case anyone here still listens to Professor Blastoff (PB thread died off a good while ago), it looks like the podcast is pretty much over now.

Honestly, that's a relief. It was my favorite podcast up until last year, but every Tuesday of the last six months I've just shaken my head and wondered why they don't stop doing the podcast at this point. There was actually a slight uptick in quality over the past few episodes, but they were still pretty middling and Tig was obviously not into it when she was even there. Good riddance I say, and Kyle doing his own podcast could be phenomenal since even the people who never liked Blastoff usually agree he's hilarious.