Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I get the gist of the A PRINTER joke but can someone give me some usernames or something more specific. Can't find anything in SAclopedia. I'd like to start doing that quest soon and want it till be well done and not some cheap poo poo I gathered from second hand information. Even though I vaguely remember the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

hi i want to be in this game and i want to be a pretty princess

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Windows 98 posted:

I get the gist of the A PRINTER joke but can someone give me some usernames or something more specific. Can't find anything in SAclopedia. I'd like to start doing that quest soon and want it till be well done and not some cheap poo poo I gathered from second hand information. Even though I vaguely remember the story

Borky posted:

A loose female acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could print something on the computer for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She sends me this file and lo and behold I can't open it. It's made in Microsoft Publisher and I don't have that program so I begin panicing, trying to find this program or a way to print the file. Scouring the internet yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my room.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my printer about 2miles to her house, print out the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the printing job (which was hefty), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the girl to finish this work so they could go to the mall.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking printer in hand. The only thing that I got out of this were some very painful fingers and a "thanks" as I walked out her bedroom door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

its all the detail we have bc borky went on to kill himself

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 19, 2015

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Windows 98 posted:

Radium, the games lack of updates albeit full of false promises is the reason for his demise! After his death a free DLC is unlocked, a unique equipment item that is utterly terrible compared to even the basic equipment that you started with. Even when you attempt to use said item, the game just quits on you with no explanation and asks you to file a bug report.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

There should be a mini-quest that requires to re-enact loss.jpg

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Could I be in the game playing chess with death, except instead of death it's erectile dysfunction?

e: I'll make a sprite.

ee:: uhhhg... too much trouble. Just use a Gundam or something. IDGAF.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

This is the first quest I've done yet with an automated cut scene. When entering the hospital it does everything for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAihgpyBdI

e: whoops. Video was hosed up had to reupload.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 20, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Windows 98 posted:

This is the first quest I've done yet with an automated cut scene. When entering the hospital it does everything for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tgo6m01JU

can you put me in the burn ward

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tgo6m01JU

That was glorious. :golfclap:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Windows 98 posted:

haha

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

pls put some music in the game that isnt the loving pokemon town theme its kinda maddening

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
make sure there are some goons in there keeping ramadan in solidarity

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
here is some good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wpc5Lz_HKM

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

dude you HAVE to spell 'baby' with two b's: 'babby'.

In fact, I really wanna go through your script and make some spelling and grammar fixes...

it looks good though, im not quite sure why you're putting all this effort into something that the miserable crew will mock at best, but props.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
When will crafting be implemented. And farming

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
And fishing.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

babypolis posted:

pls put some music in the game that isnt the loving pokemon town theme its kinda maddening

It is the default map music unless changed otherwise. There will be plenty of music in the game. I just don't see the point with spending my time setting up background music when I should really be focused on making quests and maps. These test videos are just me testing certain things and showing them to you guys, in a way that says "yes I'm still working on it. Yes I am trying to make this funny and good". So for now the update videos will all have Pallet Town music.

If you'd like to give me your own music to put in, I need it in .ogg format and Id like it to be 8bit.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

opus111 posted:

dude you HAVE to spell 'baby' with two b's: 'babby'.

In fact, I really wanna go through your script and make some spelling and grammar fixes...

it looks good though, im not quite sure why you're putting all this effort into something that the miserable crew will mock at best, but props.

Spelling corrected. And any other grammatical changes that need to be made please tell me. I expect that will be a big part of beta. Telling me I spelled poo poo wrong.

I'm putting all this effort in because the entire point of the game is that something awful has kinda fallen to shambles a bit, just like in real life. I want to do something that's funny and steps up the quality of entertainment around these parts. Hopefully other people will like it. Maybe people may even think this website is more than "I'm gay" posted every 12 seconds. The game mocks that a lot. I also was hoping other goons would want to contribute and make it something better than just what I could do. Protagonist and Applewhite have stepped up a lot, and a bunch of other goon suggestions have made it into the game.

Tldr: I have this silly idea that this website is still about comedy and goons won't tear everything I do to shreds on release (or ignore it)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Mid-game quest idea: The Great Review

A starwar betamax has been dragged into the ladies restroom in a nightclub. Infiltrate the toilets, rescue betamax and get out with the footage!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

and fish farming

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

we need someone who gives out a quest to find a buried cask full of gems, but they just give you a useless picture and poem as the hint and you can only ever dig once. if you dig in the wrong place the police come and delete your savegame

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Maybe have a graveyard level themed like Web 1.0 inhabited by the all your base guy, Jeff K, and other Internet memes of yesterday?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I've changed my mind and don't want to be in this game. Please leave me and the Xbox One (my console of choice) out of this debacle.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Nothing personal; just signed on with a major dev & my life story is being made into one of those games where you try to catapult an object very far, so I don't want any confusion.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Put me in as a random NPC saying "im gay" or something but please make my name be Rand.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I would really like to see that goon who killed a kitten by accidentally stepping on it (thread here) included in some way. Maybe as a quest, maybe as an enemy, maybe just as some NPC you can talk to.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

Spelling corrected. And any other grammatical changes that need to be made please tell me. I expect that will be a big part of beta. Telling me I spelled poo poo wrong.

I'm putting all this effort in because the entire point of the game is that something awful has kinda fallen to shambles a bit, just like in real life. I want to do something that's funny and steps up the quality of entertainment around these parts. Hopefully other people will like it. Maybe people may even think this website is more than "I'm gay" posted every 12 seconds. The game mocks that a lot. I also was hoping other goons would want to contribute and make it something better than just what I could do. Protagonist and Applewhite have stepped up a lot, and a bunch of other goon suggestions have made it into the game.

Tldr: I have this silly idea that this website is still about comedy and goons won't tear everything I do to shreds on release (or ignore it)

K. Forest has one 'r' in it and you cant 'bring' the vhs to mario as its not where you are - you have to 'take' it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The quest to find the get out frog

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Legend has it.....that The ancient trove of city name sports team merchandise lies in the desolate waste land known only as 'Missouri' by those who even dare to speak its name....

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

a starwar betamax posted:

Legend has it.....that The ancient trove of city name sports team merchandise lies in the desolate waste land known only as 'Missouri' by those who even dare to speak its name....

In the lair of the dread king lowtax, guarded by the monster shmorky

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
can you survive His mighty toilet paper volcano

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
more character art for the game

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

quote:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...236/indexE.htm

download this, put it any song and turn it into an 8-bit.

look at some of these..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_-nmhtjgo

pretty cool, you could turn one of your favorite songs from the wii or w/e into 8-bit.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Oh god page 17!? Am I going to end up as a c-tier villain in a basement that immediately gets killed?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
what was that stupid nerf gun that goons obsessed over back in the dya

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
ok i worked harder on this than anything ive ever done on SA.............i hope your happy OP you slave driver

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
More enemies:

Twister Goon's attack could be Twister moves. You could place him in a place where the tiles on the floor resembled Twister mat.

Here's a good thread for more goon pics: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610276&pagenumber=43&perpage=40#post426786610

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

a starwar betamax posted:

ok i worked harder on this than anything ive ever done on SA.............i hope your happy OP you slave driver

Hogge Wild posted:

More enemies:

Twister Goon's attack could be Twister moves. You could place him in a place where the tiles on the floor resembled Twister mat.

Here's a good thread for more goon pics: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610276&pagenumber=43&perpage=40#post426786610

These are all excellent. Thank you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
here is a croc shoe

• Locked thread