Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lets see, ill pay 50 bucks for a badly made version by some retarded crooks or dl something lovingly made to by of the highest quality by fellow autistic fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Piracy ftw.

Piracy is good because it means that Dilbert as gently caress and the poor have almost equal access to high quality anime.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Davincie posted:

lets see, ill pay 50 bucks for a badly made version by some retarded crooks or dl something lovingly made to by of the highest quality by fellow autistic fans

Also, unable to watch the $50 version because it comes on this arcane device called optical media.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I kinda want to start buying a few things because I'd really like to see them on something larger than my computer monitor.

but I'll have to get a dece tv and a blu ray player first.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

It happens in MGS2 (PS2, 2001).

I just remembered you have to shoot out the handcuffs connecting a bad man and a good person at the very end of silent scope 2, which came out in 2000.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I kinda want to start buying a few things because I'd really like to see them on something larger than my computer monitor.

You could just plug your computer into your tv.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The EVA blu ray set :pray:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Being a gainfully employed adult, I purchase my anime & manga when possible instead of pirating it like I used to as a student but gently caress paying $50 for a DVD.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

yup.

Droyer posted:

You could just plug your computer into your tv.

I guess that could work but someone told me rips look terrible on a TV. My PC has a bluray player so that could work.

Everything Burrito posted:

Being a gainfully employed adult, I purchase my anime & manga when possible instead of pirating it like I used to as a student but gently caress paying $50 for a DVD.

I try to watch what I can on Hulu/Netflix or somewhere else that legally streams anime with commercials but some things you have to either buy or dl.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

DIebuster simulwatch.

I am glad, that you made the correct guess.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

yup.

I guess that could work but someone told me rips look terrible on a TV. My PC has a bluray player so that could work.

I try to watch what I can on Hulu/Netflix or somewhere else that legally streams anime with commercials.

:confused:
I don't have a monitor at all, my computer is hooked up to my TV so I use a keyboard from the couch like an old person with WebTV. I've never had any problems watching streams or rips.

And yeah I do the legal stream thing more than buying physical copies, most of my entertainment dollars go into paying for manga because I want more stuff to get official translations. I get digital copies when I can though because my house is enough of an otaku lair already.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 20, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Srice posted:

Sounds good. I just have to finish Gunbuster this week.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I guess that could work but someone told me rips look terrible on a TV.

Rips look the same on a tv unless you have some lovely presets screwing up the colour balance. Some tellies do that, but usually you can disable it/get a normal setting unless it's really, really old. I used to watch anime on tv as a kid and it was fine.

Now I have a 30" monitor so I just watch on that. Bigger than any tv I owned tbh :v:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mukyuu

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Sounds good. I just have to finish Gunbuster this week.

I figure I will make a thread tonight and start it next week, so if anyone wants to buy it they'll have time to get it, hopefully.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
How much Anime does a man need?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

All of it.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Srice posted:

Why don't you just watch it on your own.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

K. Flaps posted:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

And yeah, I also need to find a tv and player somewhere before that happens. :(

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

pon alien posted:

Why don't you just watch it on your own.

I like to see good people making good posts about things I like, and heck maybe try for good posts of my own.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Truga posted:

All of it.

I've given up on that because I have bad luck with hard drives.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
My TV is really bad and old. It's has tearing issues whenever action happens, but I can deal.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

I've given up on that because I have bad luck with hard drives.

The internet is actually a distributed backup of your hard earned anime! :aaaaa:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

My TV is really bad and old. It's has tearing issues whenever action happens, but I can deal.

Huh. "My TV" is a weird nickname for your butthole.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

That's ok. Watching anime that was translated by someone that knows neither japanese or english on a barely upgraded calculator is cool and old school as h*ck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I just remembered you have to shoot out the handcuffs connecting a bad man and a good person at the very end of silent scope 2, which came out in 2000.

I'm sure there's arcade light gun games that did it earlier as well, in some fashion.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

Huh. "My TV" is a weird nickname for your butthole.

The heck?! Is this guy trolling me?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

I was at a used bookstore near my place this weekend and they had a 3 disc VCD Bootleg of Eva that I bought just to have because it was 10 dollars. I'm going to watch the show again with the Spanish dub to see what t sounds like.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There was a silent scope game on my local arcade and I finished it with just 1 credit thinking I was a badass sniper but I still get rear end hosed whenever I try to snip on FPS games. What gives?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I was at a used bookstore near my place this weekend and they had a 3 disc VCD Bootleg of Eva that I bought just to have because it was 10 dollars. I'm going to watch the show again with the Spanish dub to see what t sounds like.

por favor noooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The copyright information on the back of the box is cool because it has all this Japanese fine print and then it says "Distributed by Manga Animation Cartoon Company" and what appears to be some random persons Yahoo email address.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nice repost from phiz mate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

nice repost from phiz mate

Somebody in QCS created an interactive infographic of SA subforums by viewership and PHIZ is the least read forum on the website, lol.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every time some new guy posts its loving awful so im glad

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Someone told me that Gunbuster was concentrated 80s and was full of tiddy like it was a bad thing.

the part where she rips her shirt is so goddamn badass, but it's also a 14 year old girl getting her tit out, so it's weird t say that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You needed an infographic to know that lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You needed an infographic to know that lol

I didn't think it would be outclassed by even like, The Cellphone Shack or the two bike subforums or whatever

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its more popular than project.log, because i made a post there and it was the most recent post for like 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to adtrw for being more popular than fashion and cars

• Locked thread