Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Antillese posted:

Alright nerds, listen up. I made a few custom ball tops for my fighting games friends as EVO party door prizes. One of you is about to become my fighting game friend. I'm going to randomly pick one of the next several posters (who have previously posted in this thread) until I decide I've got plenty and send you one of these:

It's a wooden ball top that I finished with several coats of poly stain and it looks pretty cool I think and if you gripe about the drip on the back that you couldn't see because of how I oriented it in the picture, I won't care. The 8mm insert should fit most sticks. Pad-havers can get out (unless you are secretly Luffy) or use this as an excuse to switch to a stick. No, you do not get my Madcatz pro - the official stick of EVO finalists everywhere. For extra credit, you can link your best post of the weekend and I'll decide whether or not you should get special consideration.

It was fun watching fighting games with y'all. Sorry about everyone's win/loss record in the upcoming SFV beta and what this thread has done to our posting records.

Edit: my best post got empty quoted.

give it 2 me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

i'm proud that i hit top 8 in something. did better than bananaken

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lyles wooden ball

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
my best post is the one about screaming witness me at the cat and spraying whipping cream on my mouth [very funy mad max ref] that no one eq'd :sigh:

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

In Training posted:

Are you giving out just the ball top or the entire stick I'm confused.

You don't get my joystick. You can tell because in the post I said you don't get my joystick. How can you keep track of all the burst colors but not read that post?

Antillese fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 20, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's my best post from the weekend, for your consideration.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

my best post is the one about screaming witness me at the cat and spraying whipping cream on my mouth [very funy mad max ref] that no one eq'd :sigh:

Lol

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Check this link again... if you want to see an insanely funny number next to my name.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

K. Flaps posted:

Check this link again... if you want to see an insanely funny number next to my name.

hax

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
can smoking crow post one more time so we can get a 69 three way?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only 1844 more posts for me to reach the other funny number.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

stoutfish posted:

can smoking crow post one more time so we can get a 69 three way?

The Isosceles Lock...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The Isosceles Lock...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

grats on getting your av back btw

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thanks man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to buy a TE2 and pay somebody on the shoryuken forums 5 dollars to make a high quality, stylized image of Rise Kujikawa for me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Im going to buy a TE2 and pay somebody on the shoryuken forums 5 dollars to make a high quality, stylized image of Rise Kujikawa for me.

rise hanging out with the rock and hhh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like the pros who have stick art with their gamername on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

rise hanging out with the rock and hhh

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

You should give me the balltop because it would look nice on my te2 and I had the best posts this weekend because it took pictures

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
You should give someone else the ball top because the one on my stick is just fine as it is

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

They were selling wood balltops at the madcatz booth for like 50 dollars and it's like it looks really nice but gently caress that price point

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I second giving mango gay touchies a balltop so he won't have to spend a grip to grip a wood balltop

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

all I want for my stick is some sexy Super Famicom colored buttons and a ps360+ so I can use it to play SNES games. Maybe a JLF too because I guess qanba doesn't make a 4-way gate, which I want for playing tetris so that I can blame my bad hands and not my bad stick.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 20, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who won Antilese.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that is a very pretty wood balltop and i would use the hell out of it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i'm going to get baby sinclair on mine or maybe carl winslow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeXReX posted:

all I want for my stick is some sexy Super Famicom colored buttons and a ps360+ so I can use it to play SNES games. Maybe a JLF too because I guess qanba doesn't make a 4-way gate, which I want for playing tetris so that I can blame my bad hands and not my bad stick.

I want a high quality stick so I can support my livelihood by winning SFV at Evo 2016.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Who won Antilese.

i did.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SeXReX posted:

stfu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to get baby sinclair on mine or maybe carl winslow

I want this http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-cjxicvol/products/1696/images/3597/Ahegao_Pervert_Girls_Black__33694.1432247442.1280.1280.jpg?c=2 but on a fight stick.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Yeah I play Super Time Force Ultra with my stick, mashing cleo's boomerangs is a lot easier for me on that than a pad or keyboard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ahegao ruined h manga. why god why

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Qanba makes a square gate unless you're talking about something else

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

mango gay touchies posted:

Qanba makes a square gate unless you're talking about something else

the qanba square gate is one solid piece of plastic, not with the little rotating piece that a sanwa gate has that lets you set it to "diamond" so that you don't hit any diagonal inputs. This is more true to the sticks that should have been in arcade puzzle games, and makes accidentally adding left or right inputs to your hard drop-lock maneuver in Tetris Grand Masters (hitting up then down) a lot harder.

I bought a jlf gate because the internet told me it would fit but there's part of the plastic of the stick on the Q1 that gets in the way

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 20, 2015

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

In Training posted:

Who won Antilese.

Entries are closed. I'll deal with it after lunch.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

the qanba square gate is one solid piece of plastic, not with the little rotating piece that a sanwa gate has that lets you set it to "diamond" so that you don't hit any diagonal inputs. This is more true to the sticks that should have been in arcade puzzle games, and makes accidentally adding left or right inputs to your hard drop-lock maneuver in Tetris Grand Masters (hitting up then down) a lot harder.

I bought a jlf gate because the internet told me it would fit but there's part of the plastic of the stick on the Q1 that gets in the way

Mm. I see, yes for sure that makes sense

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got real excited whtn i saw the new humble bunde's got samurai shodown 2, garou and kof97 but it's a mobile bundle. gently caress my rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
garou has b jenet but it also has supers that are qcfx3. life is a land of contrasts

• Locked thread