Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

8th-snype posted:

Is that Eric Clapton? I hope you were ready to catch that baby

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Untitled by Stabby McKnife, on Flickr

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

widunder
May 2, 2002
Bumming around SF

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

Castle Park, Bristol, 4th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Happy by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Head For Sale by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Jamaica Street, Bristol, 4th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Park Street, Bristol, 4th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Sweaty, miserable people. (Click through to see the misery up close.)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
So, what can happen while you're out shooting street photos in a Pride Parade?

Someone could decide to drive their car INTO the parade route and the Police will have to intervene.

A day in the life of street.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

A few shots from the recent pride parade in Bristol, UK

Bristol Pride Parade 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Cabot Circus, Bristol, 11th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Bristol Pride Festival, Bristol, 11th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Sweaty, miserable people. (Click through to see the misery up close.)

Grand Central 7? My daily commute. Usually not that miserable.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Awkward Davies posted:

Grand Central 7? My daily commute. Usually not that miserable.

Yup, part of my daily commute, too! It was just a messed up day, I think the 7 was having issues.

I decided to bail and take the 6 one stop down to the ferry instead. https://instagram.com/p/4nAhYAx7S4/

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Yup, part of my daily commute, too! It was just a messed up day, I think the 7 was having issues.

I decided to bail and take the 6 one stop down to the ferry instead. https://instagram.com/p/4nAhYAx7S4/

Ferry commute is the best commute

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

The Centre, Bristol, 19th July 2015 by dunos, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Shaved/shorn head, ostentatious shades, double belt/duty belt with only a walkie talkie on it, fitbit, male patterned baldness, double digit IQ, armband, miniscule penis.

I've got like four bingos here.

Nice picture.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I guess you were at the Harbourside festival today dunos, pretty cool! I wanted to bring a camera but my Pentax ME has gone missing. :(

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I sure was, both Saturday and Sunday. It was absolutely heaving with people, especially on the Saturday.

The security guard was actually in the process of trying to tell me that I wasn't allowed to take a photo of him. He was attempting to move on one of the regular city centre buskers, which was a real shame... made me realise how sterile and organised the harbourside festival had become.

Bristol Harbourside Festival, Lloyds Amphitheatre by dunos, on Flickr

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

dunos posted:

The security guard was actually in the process of trying to tell me that I wasn't allowed to take a photo of him.
That never gets old

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Eh

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dunos posted:

The security guard was actually in the process of trying to tell me that I wasn't allowed to take a photo of him.

And there is it. :dong:

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Skate by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
img027 by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
When I first got my camera a few years ago, I took a lot of photos at parades, fairs, etc. to get into it. I got lucky that there were so many in my city right when I got my camera. Down the line, I'm seeing a lot of errors I didn't notice at the time. Here are two that I'm still reasonably happy with. For the first, I wish I'd gotten a capture with his eyes open. For the second, I wish I'd framed so that the girl in the corner was more in view.

Waving by Connor Paul Wallace, on Flickr

Pointing & Looking by Connor Paul Wallace, on Flickr

I first edited with iPhoto, then Aperture, and now I'm on to Lightroom, which I just decided to cough up for. It's more robust then what I'm used to overall, especially considering with Creative Cloud I now have access to Photoshop. Does anyone here have good resources for learning how to use them, especially Lightroom? I can learn a lot spending time with them by myself. I also recognize that I can Google for this stuff, but the online photography world is notorious for bullshit hacks making a buck off of crap advice.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

its no big deal posted:

I first edited with iPhoto, then Aperture, and now I'm on to Lightroom, which I just decided to cough up for. It's more robust then what I'm used to overall, especially considering with Creative Cloud I now have access to Photoshop. Does anyone here have good resources for learning how to use them, especially Lightroom? I can learn a lot spending time with them by myself. I also recognize that I can Google for this stuff, but the online photography world is notorious for bullshit hacks making a buck off of crap advice.

I've been going through the Phlearn tutorial I got on pre-order bonus on the recommendation of a goon in the mirrorless thread. The 101 is about 3h40m of video, I don't know about the 201 videos since I haven't thumbed through it yet. I'm green as hell when it comes to dealing with any sort of photo processing, and the videos assume you're starting from zero exposure to Lightroom.

http://phlearn.com/product/lightroom-101-201-bundle

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Clifton Triangle, Bristol, 2nd August by dunos, on Flickr

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm not particularly nuanced in either street or low light photography, so trying to improve at that.

I like that the 1/15 shutter speed in the 2nd one caught the guy walking off to the right turning around to check out her rear end.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like that the 1/15 shutter speed in the 2nd one caught the guy walking off to the right turning around to check out her rear end.

it also caught the photographer photographing her rear end

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
gonna leave this here

The Allure and Puzzle of the Back in Portrait Photography

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dren posted:

it also caught the photographer photographing her rear end

Pff, like I actually compose photographs.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Heard this was the place for bad photos so It was only a matter of time before I posted. Completely new to this street photography thing so please rip me a new one

Zafferana, Sicily
by Lee Harp, on Flickr

Zafferana, Sicily
by Lee Harp, on Flickr

Zafferana, Sicily
by Lee Harp, on Flickr

dont hate the playa fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 5, 2015

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Those photos are so bad you couldn't even properly embed them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Claw Massage posted:

Heard this was the place for bad photos so It was only a matter of time before I posted. Completely new to this street photography thing so please rip me a new one

Currently the best pictures in this thread.

Edit: well you loving ruined it by fixing the links.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 5, 2015

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Should have left the bad links then. crap.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Yep you sure pointed your camera at some people outdoors and pressed the shutter

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Some snaps of folks on the street - from the front!

Honolulu Pose
by Bud, on Flickr

Honolulu Biker
by Bud, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy