Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Red Dragon Archfiend decks? :confused:

Since the new cards are building on the wonky but strong foundation of the old demons and resonator cards I can see it being tier 2 by the next pack. Scar-right and Wyvern are both ridiculous monsters. Also, Jack owns and Ushio lives on by every security cop playing a continuation of his chaser-deck. :colbert:

Well I dont think they are, They may share names with the old cards but most probably they're all part of the 'Red' Archetype:
See: Red Wyvern, Red Resonator. Boss dragons being 'Hot Red-'.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Scar-right has a blurb in his effect that he gets treated as the original both on field and graveyard and Red RESONATOR has it right there. They've done everything in their power to ensure that the old support still works and the additions of both anime and manga support is going to make it bloom into something beatiful, I just know it.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
And madolches will get pendulum support. It's nice to dream sometimes.

Scar right is better than either of the other RDAs, and having it's name means that the original is basically useless. The resonators are interesting though. They've got some pretty bonkers support in the form of resonator call and resonator engine. The former adds any resonator monster from deck to hand, and the latter searches every single level 4 maindeck monster in the game.

RDA may or may not see play, depending on how easy it becomes to get him out turn 1, but red and synchron resonator will probably see some play.

I'm not exaggerating about the "every single" part either.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Well, Bujins just got a piece of Pendulum support.

Not that it matters for Madolche, because Pendulum Madolches already topped in Japan recently.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Wait they did?
Eccentric and dragodeus for the scales?

E: Found it. Holy jeez that's YOLO. OCG players do not gently caress around.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 20, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

Wait they did?
Eccentric and dragodeus for the scales?

E: Found it. Holy jeez that's YOLO. OCG players do not gently caress around.

The new cards in Master of Pendulum are really loving good. Having a generic Scale 1 and Scale 8 that have awesome effects is absolutely fantastic.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

Well, Bujins just got a piece of Pendulum support.

Not that it matters for Madolche, because Pendulum Madolches already topped in Japan recently.

RIP Madolche they were like my other other favorite archetype.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm just waiting for Moralltach to come back to 3. HAT format was my fave format ever, and Rafflesia is a blessing to it.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Why would you ever want raff to exist?

Bonus silliness! You can't use lance to protect against raff's dump because it copies the effect onto her! You can't BTS her because she's unaffected by traps!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lisandra_brave posted:

Bonus silliness! You can't use lance to protect against raff's dump because it copies the effect onto her! You can't BTS her because she's unaffected by traps!

I mean the only thing that comes to mind that easily works here barring having additional redundancy is foolish burial/mathguy/armageddon knight to dump a farfa. As if people needed more reason to play a foolish burial/mathguy toolbox.

Please don't dark law

Also doesn't effect veiler work?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 20, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Forbidden chalice springs to mind, and that's spell speed 2 so you can use it to respond to the effect.
Other than that, Good luck.

Veiler says "During your opponent's main phase:" which means it's useless for when they BTH on your turn.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

I'm just waiting for Moralltach to come back to 3. HAT format was my fave format ever, and Rafflesia is a blessing to it.

Your love for the boring never seizes to astound me Slur. :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Your love for the boring never seizes to astound me Slur. :allears:

How is HAT boring? Trap/stun/control formats are the best.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

How is HAT boring? Trap/stun/control formats are the best.

You miss the days when Raiza control was the dominant deck don't you? :psyduck:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 20, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Slur has said he likes Chain Burn which is one of the most cancerous decks in the game this side of Nekroz. I wasn't around for HAT decks, but looking it up it seems like some stupid gimmick deck relying solely on clearing the opponent's field because they dared to attack or blow up your back row. Then you chip them to death for a million years because Yugioh can be a really stupid card game. Stun decks in general are really boring and tiresome. I have a friend who upon playing a Yosenju stun deck instead of his Noble Knights began placing Top 8 at our locals consistently. He retired the deck after a month of playing it, because he felt the deck was really boring and disgusting since he just gets to win the second more than one Yosenju hits his hand.

Thankfully, BA and Shaddolls are cards now so even if Moralltach got put to 3, it would get shat on by both of those archtypes. Also Qli's would also possibly poo poo on them, but that's a maybe.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
How important is leo or star eater in shaddolls? I'm looking for something to side out for trish using this extra deck listing (shamelessly copied from a july 2015 european wcq winner):

quote:

1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis
3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
3x El Shaddoll Winda

Synchro

1x Arcanite Magician
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth
1x Star Eater

I'm also not sure what Samsara is for (the deck does run maindeck mind control but I mean I dunno) so maybe axe that?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

Also Qli's would also possibly poo poo on them, but that's a maybe.

Pendulums poo poo on everything that's destruction based, because WHOOPS they come back next turn anyway.

Pendulums are great.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Honestly any deck that might as well say "Don't worry, I'm not here to play with you, I'm here to play with me and stop you from playing period." is a horrific deck. Exodia Solitaire, Chain Burn, most Stun decks. All of them are sickening poo poo because whenever you face them is that these decks very much need to go off ASAP. If they don't then they just concede. There's no fun in sitting there for a minute while the person I'm playing is either going to concede or automatically win and I haven't played a card yet.

Turns out you play a card battle game with someone to actually interact with your opponent, not watch a coin be flipped. Again, lets go back to the 2014 World Championships, it was HAT vs Infernity. Game 1 lasted about 30 minutes as the HAT player desperately attempted to go off and the Infernity player took care of the trap holes so he could just combo to victory. Then game 2 ends in about 2 minutes because the Infernity player went off turn 1.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shark and Kite's ultimate monsters in the Zexal manga are kind of nutty.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_37:_Hope_Woven_Dragon_Spider_Shark
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_38:_Hope_Harbinger_Dragon_Titanic_Galaxy

THOSE NAMES. Those giant goofy names are what I love about this stupid game. :allears:

Onmi posted:

Honestly any deck that might as well say "Don't worry, I'm not here to play with you, I'm here to play with me and stop you from playing period." is a horrific deck. Exodia Solitaire, Chain Burn, most Stun decks. All of them are sickening poo poo because whenever you face them is that these decks very much need to go off ASAP. If they don't then they just concede. There's no fun in sitting there for a minute while the person I'm playing is either going to concede or automatically win and I haven't played a card yet.

gently caress Exodia. Worst loving deck in the game.

I will be SO glad when Konami comes to their senses and bans one of the Exodia pieces. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Slur has said he likes Chain Burn which is one of the most cancerous decks in the game this side of Nekroz. I wasn't around for HAT decks, but looking it up it seems like some stupid gimmick deck relying solely on clearing the opponent's field because they dared to attack or blow up your back row. Then you chip them to death for a million years because Yugioh can be a really stupid card game. Stun decks in general are really boring and tiresome. I have a friend who upon playing a Yosenju stun deck instead of his Noble Knights began placing Top 8 at our locals consistently. He retired the deck after a month of playing it, because he felt the deck was really boring and disgusting since he just gets to win the second more than one Yosenju hits his hand.

Thankfully, BA and Shaddolls are cards now so even if Moralltach got put to 3, it would get shat on by both of those archtypes. Also Qli's would also possibly poo poo on them, but that's a maybe.

I was being facetious when I said I liked chain burn.

As far as HAT goes, it's a stun deck which functions on artifatcs threatening your opponent's back row destruction. It's a nice balance between speed and control.

I honestly wish duels were no longer 3 turn OTK decks based on spamming the board.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Denko is our savior from set 5.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Threatening back row destruction is boring in a game where so many stupid back row cards exist and you can chain to destruction anyways.

Lisandra_brave posted:

thank you based denko

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

gently caress Exodia. Worst loving deck in the game.

I will be SO glad when Konami comes to their senses and bans one of the Exodia pieces. :argh:

I dunno is it really less interactive than Gishki? I mean there's still some legal iteration of Gishki atm isn't there?

I guess veiler can gently caress up a gishki loop since they're making you draw your whole deck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nah. Gishki got murdered by the banlist before they even hit the TCG.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You need to draw a pretty good hand to pull Gishki shenanigans otherwise you just get stomped.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You can't really hand loop effectively, but you can zealgigas turbo pretty well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Admittedly, Mound of the Bound Creator does help Gishkis out a fair bit. Not enough to make them meta or anything though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
http://ygorganization.com/chaos-soldier-kourinseyo/

So the Dimension of Chaos spoilers in full for people interested

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Lisandra_brave posted:

Denko is trash.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Skilled red magician can SS infernity archfiend.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

HAT is actually a rad deck idea and I'm with Slur in mourning it.

Don't play Chain Burn or Exoida. Please get good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So right now I'm looking over the Dimension of Chaos card list, because I was thinking I'd sub out the cards that don't work in limited and replace them, and then set up a generator to make a sealed pool for a mini-prerelease.

"I am the King! There is only one!"

Enmaryuuoh Red Daemon Calamity / Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity
Dark Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV12 4000/3500
2 Tuners + 1 non-Tuner DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can activate this effect; during this turn, your opponent cannot activate card effects from their field. Your opponent cannot activate effects in response to this effect’s activation. (2) If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK. (3) If this card is destroyed by your opponent: You can target 1 Level 8 or lower DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 21, 2015

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Double tuning is still stupid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

http://ygorganization.com/chaos-soldier-kourinseyo/

So the Dimension of Chaos spoilers in full for people interested

-So is finally confirmed that Gaia becomes BLS, uh?.

-A ritual summoned BLS with the Knights seems pretty insane but I don't think it would be worth the effort.

-Graydle are pretty much Aliens 2.0

I have my new deck :haw:

Kind of sucks that they didn't reworked Aliens instead tho.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Greydles are "I sure hope you don't like that monster, because every one of my monsters is snatch steal as well."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lisandra_brave posted:

Greydles are "I sure hope you don't like that monster, because every one of my monsters is snatch steal as well."

I know, isn't fantastic? :allears:

Just imagine if they were reptiles.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I don't think Konami remember reptiles at all now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Reptiles are unfortunate victims of Yugioh having too many drat monster types.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

I don't think Konami remember reptiles at all now.

I'm pretty sure Greydles aren't reptiles for these cards

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Brain

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Offering_to_the_Snake_Deity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reptiles are from a time when yugioh was a magic clone

• Locked thread